“Always pleased”

Ranked #1 of 57 Restaurants in Bridgewater
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Blarney Stone Restaurant is a family owned establishment featuring great seafood and hearty meals. Proud to be in operation since 1983, we are located on Highway 103 just west of Exit 14 at Hebb's Cross. From our famous seafood chowder to our clams and fries our extensive menu has something to offer everyone.
Bridgewater, NS
“Always pleased”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is a long standing family restaurant. The service is great and the price is right. The only thing that does not impress me is the batter used on the fish and clams. If not for that I would give a five star rating. This is a restaurant that is always well attended and has a great following.

Visited May 2012

Halifax, Nova Scotia
“Great little diner”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Usually drive past but my sister has stopped here for years and loved it so we tried it out. Would definitely go back. The service was exceptional- friendly and helpful. The food was typical diner fare and priced extremely reasonably My husband slurped his amazing milkshake to the last drop and the waitress brought over some more- unnecessary but a nice friendly touch. The parking lot was full when we drove past it later and I can see why. Plenty of locals having Sunday lunch today which is a good sign. I trust a place that attracts the locals and not just the tourists. Not fine dining but not a franchise either- just one of those "return to over and over again" places to know about. Glad that we now know.

• Visited September 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
“No Blarney at Blarney Stone!”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Great little restaurant with excellent service, tremendous food and reasonable prices. Always full. Go you won't be sorry.

1 Thank nole38
Halifax, Canada
“Mom & Dad food..”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

It's like coming home....and mom's been cooking all day! Lovely food, especially when you're on the road and weary, nothing like a true home cooked meal...

Visited May 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Where's the fish?”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

One of Blarney Stone's claims to fame is their seafood chowder, so I ordered a bowl last night. While the taste was excellent I think it should have been named Potato Chowder. In my generous $10 bowl I counted 3 small chunks of haddock or some good white fish, and I saw two 1cm square spots of something reddish which presumably might have been a lobster leg. That was it for the seafood part. The rest was nicely diced pieces of potato and a very well made milk/cream base.
To round out this review one of my friends had a hot turkey sandwich, which he ordered with white meat only, and it got rave reviews as being full of "real" turkey. And our third tablemate had a wonderful piece of fried haddock and a huge plate of poutine, which I sampled and found to be generous with the cheese curds and quite tasty if you are not fussy about eating frozen french fries.
The place is spotless, and service first class. For good value and simple faire I would certainly return.

• Visited July 2012