“Sometimes change is not for the best...”
Review of Food Revolution - CLOSED

Food Revolution
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Bridgewater, Canada
“Sometimes change is not for the best...”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I used to love this restaurant. And I mean LOVE. It was a nice change from the boring old fish and chips or clubhouse served at every other place in town. Breakfast, lunch or dinner, I knew I was getting a great meal here every time I walked in the door. A few months ago I heard they had changed owners, but kept most of the same foods on the menu. Today was my first visit since new ownership took place, and I have to say I was extremely disappointed. I saw very few of the menu items I had come to love, and some new ones that weren't all that exciting. I visited with a friend, and we started off with a plate of nachos as an appetizer. They arrived quickly, but were not what we had hoped for. There were very few toppings, and cheese was melted only on the very top. Once we got down to the second layer, none of the cheese was melted. Had I known what we were in for, I would have just stopped there. After looking over the menu for quite some time, we both decided on fish and chips since nothing else on the menu sounded appetizing and we were super hungry. Few of our old favorites were still on the menu, and after the nachos we were afraid to order the ones that were still there. I specifically asked the waitress whether or not the French fries were hand cut or frozen, and she flat out lied to me. She said they were home made and the most delicious fries she'd ever eaten. I beg to differ. I was so disappointed when I received my meal and the fries were not as she had promised. I don't eat French fries often, and usually will only order them at a restaurant if they are hand cut, which is why I asked in the first place. The fish was clearly not fresh, and the batter was not cooked all the way. Very mushy on the inside. The best part of this entire meal was the home made tartar sauce, which was delicious. I scooped it up in my fork and ate it by itself. The portion sizes were much smaller than we were used to from this place. Overall, a very disappointing meal. We miss Mike, we miss his delicious food and now we have to find a new place to call "our spot".

• Visited February 2014

Lunenburg, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Careful what you choose”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Originally this restaurant used to served good food but ownership has changed and so with it the quality. I ordered the steak as a special, my husband the fish and my daughter the nachos. The nachos were good. Not amazing but good and the different coloured nacho chips made it colourful and a nice touch. My husbands fish was good. My steak - well I really can't comment on the steak as I had one bite and the sauce tasted like cleaning fluid. The waitress told me that was the green peppercorns but it didn't taste like any green peppercorn recipe I've ever made or eaten. They took it back and I had the seafood chowder which turned out to be very very salty. At this stage I did not want to fuss. The waitress was polite and attentive. I think this restaurant has good and not so good items on the menu. The trick is to learn which items. Unfortunately two strikes are enough for me. The restaurant is also very cold in the winter.

• Visited February 2014
Rhodes Corner, NS
“Very nice change for Bridgewater, will be back”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

My husband and I ate here late Dec. He had eggs bennie and I had the English breakfast. Service was very friendly and efficient. It was so wonderful to have real coffee instead of the weak brews all the other places sell too. Our food was hot, fresh and well prepared and priced reasonably. We will be going back to try the pizza as we have heard so many good things about it from our friends. In Bridgewater, there is so little variety, same old menu items everywhere, same old dishwater coffee, so this is a really encouraging place to see - keep up the good work, please!

• Visited December 2013
Nova Scotia
“A bad choice for lunch”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I ordered the Jean Special. It took 20 minutes. A couple came in after we did and were served their food before we were. The chicken in the Jean Special was dry, tough and obviously several days old. The aioli was a blob in the center of the sandwich. My friend ordered a spinach pizza and said that it was tasteless. We will not go back to this place.

• Visited January 2014
Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, Canada
“EH!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I ate here last summer sometime and was not particularly impressed. They had to substitute ingredients due to not enough in the pantry. It tasted ok but not good enough to order again. I liked their house salad but then I got one at another time as take out and it was not the same as what I had in the restaurant and it was not worth the price at all.

• Visited May 2013