“Supper with a friend”

Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Lunenburg, Canada
“Supper with a friend”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

It was my first time there, the food was good and we didn't have to wait long to eat. It is a small restaurant but the waitress was friendly. Recommend to others. There is a deck if you wish to eat outside.

Visited March 2013

Lancaster, Ohio
“Hit and miss”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This recent addition to Bridgewater dining options is an interesting place. The approachable German chef offers a range of cuisines, from pastas and oven-baked pizzzas to spaetzle to Thai-inspired soup.

I thought the coconut curry soup was delicious, with a large shrimp nestled in the fairly spicy broth. But my accompanying grilled cheese fell short. I liked the resulting texture when the cheese went directly on the grill for a few seconds before the sandwich was assembled. Too bad that the tiny amount of cheese covered only about half of the bread. The three-cheese spaetzle (swiss, aged cheddar and mozzarella) was a hit and well priced at $7.50.

But I'm at a loss to explain some of the pricing here. A lot of the menu, while not exactly a bargain, is reasonable. And I'm anxious to return to try more. But I can't imagine many people ordering the eight-ounce "inside-out chili burger" (filled with cheddar and bacon, topped with chili con carne) and a side of sweet potato fries. Not at a breathtaking 19 bucks. Maybe the chef just doesn't want to flip many burgers.

Oh, and a tip: consider eating here on a cool day. The wood-fired brick oven, which no doubt contributes to a tasty pizza, also can make the smallish dining room pretty darned toasty. Especially when you throw in the solar impact of a wall of windows facing King Street.

2 Thank NMDave
Halifax, Canada
“Unique and Delicious!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

This is quickly becoming our new favourite place to eat. It is such a refreshing addition to the South Shore's surplus of fast food joints, diners, and pubs. This place has style! It is a bit small inside but it has a great atmosphere. The menu also seems small at first but there are actually lots of unique and delicious options, making it difficult to pick just one thing. I want to try it all! I keep gravitating towards the delicious pizza though. The ingredients seem to be very high quality (e.g., fresh basil and homemade mozzarella in the yummy Caprese Salad) and non-processed.

Please give it a chance and I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised!

1 Thank IrishJo18
Liverpool, Canada
“New diner in town worthy of our patronage.”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This was our first visit to "Food Revolution", although we live not too far away. Friends have recommended it, so we finally gave it a try. My wife and I received a warm welcome from our waitress who we found very attentive throughout our visit. As we planned to eat out later, we had already decided not to eat too much, something simple. My wife had the toasted ravioli ($8.50). It was nicely presented drizzled with a tasty dressing, the ravioli surrounding a centre-piece portion of dressed green salad. It was delicious. She also had a small garden salad ($3.00) which was again nicely presented and very tasty. I ordered a "Gourmet-BLT" ($6.90). I expected a slightly dressed up toasted BLT, given the price, and was pleasantly surprised to receive the most delicious BLT I have ever had. It was served on its own little cutting board, along with a sharp knife which I used to cut it in half. It was huge with generous amounts of bacon, tomato, lettuce, mayo and egg. Somewhat more than I had anticipated, I enjoyed every mouthful. We each had a coffee ($2.00). Although I was disappointed that no decaff was available, the coffee was excellent, served hot and frothy in a large mug, with refills. Our waitress explained that the coffee is pressed undividually for each cup.

Overall our experience was a really good one. Food was great, portions were generous, nicely served. I highly recommend Food Revolution as a tasty, friendly diner worthy of a try. The other dishes on other people's tables looked equally impressive. All food is prepared within view by the chef behind the diner counter. He clearly takes a pride in his food.

1 Thank Buddyboy1
Bridgewater, Canada
“Couldn't avoid it anymore, Pleasantly Surprised!!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

So I had heard just about every bad review about this place, in fact, I even judged it by the exterior to someone who tried to tell me it was excellent.... Ah, come on!! No it's not.
I totally judged a book by its cover!!
Food was really good! Varied menu and lots to choose from. I had lunch with a friend who also had the same feelings but had been lured by a friend of her's who eats all over the place and loved it!
Now the owner could put a smile on his face, but I'm not there to make friends with him or even hang out with him after work, I am there for good food and that was what I recieved today.
He is a bit grumpy, even with his staff which I think may hurt him, but his staff were very friendly.
I had the spatzell"?? Not sure that's how it is spelled, but it was excellent!! Very chessy flavor and taste. My friend had the "John's special sandwich" OH MY! Excellent presentation, flavor and size. I ate some of it becuase it looked so good. We also had the deep fried raviolli. It was really good. The whole thing was a Revolution for me. I love good food, I love to dine out and I love trying new places.
I am glad I listened to my friends stomach, rather than those in town!

Give it a try and make sure you smile at the cook, maybe he will smile back??? Remember to treat the staff nice, I don't think he is the easiest to work for.