“Fabulous food.....”

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife and I have eaten here a few times now and have never been
disappointed. My only regret is that I didn't try the Jack Burger earlier.
I have had burgers all over N. America over the years and this one
ranks in the top three..... talk about juicy and lots of flavour !! And the
waitress even knew the farm where the meat came from. Now that is
food knowledge.

The service is always great here too. Keep up the good work folks.
We highly recommend this establishment if you are after a great dining
experience served by very friendly staff. We will definitely return.....
maybe even today.

GraftonConnor, General Manager at Local Public House, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear Glenn W:

Thank you for your positive review of our restaurant.

We’re delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your burger! We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to seeing you and your wife again soon.

Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Myself and two friends decided to stop by the Local Pub a few days ago and sure glad we did! Two split the delicious nachos which were heaping with yummy toppings, and the third enjoyed a fish and chips. Our server Shelly was outstanding - definitely will be back!

1  Thank windsofns

Dear Windsofns:

Thank you for your positive review of our restaurant.

We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed your nachos and fish & chips. We will pass your comments along to Shelly.

See you next time!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We ate there July 13/2013 and twice previously in the past 6 months and all three times have been blown away by the delicious food. Most recently we just stopped in because we were already in the mall. We found out that burgers were by one get a second for only five dollars more. That was a great surprise as my wife was probably not going to get one but she is thankful she did. I had the local burger and she had the jalapeno one. They were both perfectly done and delicious. To go along with our burgers we each had a pint of the local pale ale hell bay beer. It perfectly complimented the burger. The prices are very reasonable for the amount of food you receive. The staff are very friendly and kind.

I really wish this place had more visibility. With Zellars gone I feel its not getting the traffic it deserves. Hopefully something comes into the mall soon to fill the void. Its a great spot and sure beats the chain restaurants and greasy spoons of Bridgewater. It would be great if their patio looked out at the Lahave river which is hidden behind the mall.

Thanks again for the great meal. We'll be back soon.

GraftonConnor, General Manager at Local Public House, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear David A:

Thank you for the positive review of Bridgewater Local Public House.

We are pleased that you have enjoyed the food and service on your visits to our restaurant. We agree that the burgers are delicious!

We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We absolutely loved our experience at the pub this week. I had a club and Caesar salad, and my daughter had the gluten-free hamburger with fries. Both meals were fantastic! Dorothy, our server, was terrific, and we enjoyed the unique decor. Super-clean bathrooms also rate high on my list. We were very impressed. We would highly recommend it!

GraftonConnor, General Manager at Local Public House, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear DaFoosa:

Thank you for your positive review of our restaurant.

We’re pleased that you enjoyed your meals and service. We have passed your comments on to the team and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Here in Bridgewater, after moving from Halifax, it certainly is difficult to find a place to go for a date night or even a night out with friends, but this resturant is filling the void nicely Its no downtown hub and stomping ground but it is quickly building as a place for something a little different than what has been offered in town.
The food is good, they are changing the menu every 6months to keep things fresh and excting.
Traditional pub food with some things you wouldnt expect.
I have seen mixed reviews on the service, and to be honest, I am a customer service junkie! For me nothing tops anything without EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE. I have been here 8 times now and I have never had a complaint. Actually over half of those times they were excellent and I enjoyed how awesome the service was. Maybe they are hitting the wrong day?? Actually we went out for a girls night 2 weeks ago and one of the girls said how awful her experience there was but didnt want to miss the girls night. Our waitress redeemed my friend and she is happy again!
Favorite things on the menu-
Excellent Hamburger! OMG, really awesome!!
Chicken Wings on Thursday night.
The nachos are not bad, could use a little more cheese, but no one makes them as good as I do! lol..
Fish and Chips

Im a mix between fine dining and pub food girl. I can hang anywhere and this is comfortable for me and my husband on date night. We enjoy the atmosphere, comfy 2nd level area and the chairs there and we enjoy that we can find something that works for both of us.

Certainly don't give up on this place, there really isn't much to choose from in this town and this is a great addition!!

GraftonConnor, General Manager at Local Public House, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear ExitGirl:

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts.

We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your experiences in our restaurant. We look forward to your next visit!