Comfort Inn Bridgewater
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$105
$86
Travelocity
Topmast Motel(Lunenburg)
$78
Rum Runner Inn(Lunenburg)(Great Value!)
$92
  • Restaurant
$120
Smugglers Cove Inn(Lunenburg)(Great Value!)
$85
  • Restaurant
$108
$105
All reviewsfront deskrates were reasonableboiled eggsfridge and microwavepower barnova scotiabed was comfortablejoannepharmacylaptopluggagemotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed here while travelling with my young daughters. I had read some reviews that mentioned the smell of cigarettes in some of the rooms but it was not a problem in the second floor room that I was given. Our booking was in order and the staff was very friendly. The room was clean and ready for us when we arrived. There are several restaurants within a few minutes drive.

It was very quiet the night we were there and we all had a good night sleep.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SkyRyder787
Kelly C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for your thoughtful and complimentary review of our hotel. So nice to know that your stay was comfortable, quiet and most pleasing, that 'You had a good night sleep.' So important indeed, when you are away from home. Our front desk; housekeeping and maintenance staff do their best to provide the highest degree of customer service. How wonderful of you to take the time to let them know that you were pleased with all they do. As I shared your thoughts the staff, it made their day! On behalf of the staff, I look forward to a return visit, should your family be on the South Shore in the future.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

This hotel is in need of updating, but it was clean and adequate. The breakfast was average; the staff was very friendly. There are not many choices in this small town, but this hotel met our needs on our travels south of Halifax.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ProfDallas
Kelly C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thanks so much for choosing to stay with us during your recent time in Bridgewater. Our staff definitely makes every effort to make sure our guests feel welcome and happy with their choice. As I read your feedback I am pleased to see that you enjoyed their friendly nature and that is was part of the take away from your stay. Should your travels find you in Bridgewater in the future we love to welcome you back.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

While traveling on our motorcycle, I called the day before arriving at the Comfort Inn in Bridgewater N.S., and specifically asked if any 'drive-up' rooms available on the 1st floor. I was reserving a room for our friends as well who did not have a room preference. I was told that there was only 1 'drive-up' room left and it was $20 more than the room on the 2nd floor that our friends took. I agreed to the higher price as my spouse and I were on the motorcycle and had a lot of gear on our bike and inside our bike trailer and prefer a 'drive-up' in order to have easier access to our things (and for packing and unpacking the bike - usually a little time consuming to pack efficiently). I would have reserved a different hotel if they had told me there was no 'drive-up' available.

When we arrived the next afternoon around 4 pm, the girl checking us in was very friendly and nice, and stated she had been the one who had taken my reservation over the phone the day before. We went to our room and discovered it was on the first floor but not a drive-up. When we returned to the desk, we informed her of this, and she apologized saying she was new and did not actually know which rooms were drive-up so had made a mistake. She then told us that there was only one smoking room drive-up available. We even went to check to see if we could manage the smell, but it was too strong. (I'm still wondering why drive-up rooms would be designated as 'smoking' if the smokers could easily just go outside the room to smoke? Seems to make more sense to me to have rooms with NO outside access as smoking rooms- if any at all!).

I then went outside to phone other nearby hotels to see if they had any vacancies while my husband went back in to ask if we could take one of the drive-up rooms of clients who had NOT YET ARRIVED (the parking spots were more than half empty, and we were told that not all had checked in yet). My husband asked for the manager when the girl said she could not change someone else's room (another customer might not have cared as much as we did, AND we were there earlier, AND she said it was her mistake!).

The manager was quite abrupt with my husband, stating flat out that there was no chance we could have one of the empty drive up rooms that were reserved. At that point my husband then asked that we at least get the same rate as our friends on the 2nd floor since the room was not what we had requested - he refused. Instead of the $20 less, he said the only thing he could do was give us a rate as a 'single' occupancy which was $6 less.

After a long day of riding, and then visiting sick family, I was extremely dissatisfied and emotional with how we were treated. It was NOT our mistake, and whether someone else does not think a drive up is all that important - it is VERY important to my husband and I! I love staying at Comfort Inns for that reason alone, and have stayed numerous times at the Truro NS Comfort Inn for that reason. There was NO effort AT ALL to try and address or fix our concerns. The girl at the front desk was very apologetic, continued to say it was because she was new - but the manager was very abrupt, not polite or apologetic, and did NOTHING in my opinion ($6 discount off $129 seriously is not appropriate). If it had not been for the fact that there were actually no rooms left at any of the 5 hotels I called - we would have left with our friends on the spot.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mojodie
Kelly C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

I would like to thank-you for the taking the time to write this review. As is our practice we value all feedback both positive and negative. Rest assured I have carefully read the detailed account of your experience and sincerely apologize that we could not accommodate your request for a drive-up room. We have enjoyed a great relationship with motorcycle enthusiasts over the years and in 99% of our encounters we have been able to accommodate a drive up preference. Please know that I did review our room availability and with a sold out hotel in this instance I had to deliver the dissappointing news that a drive-up was not available. Truly no one came out the better in this situation. You as the Traveller were not able to secure the accommodation that you expected and we as the Service Provider have to deal with the dissappointment of knowing that a guest left our hotel with a less than positive experience. In closing, should you to allow us the opportunity to make amends and deliver the customer service we are known for, I would welcome the chance to handle your reservation personally in an effort to regain your trust that the Comfort Inn Bridgewater values each and every person that makes the decision to say with us.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed here for two nights and the room was very spacious and clean. My only complaint is that they only have one ice machine that is located by the front desk. So if you have a room on the second floor you have a very long walk for ice. The breakfast was very good with an excellent choice of items.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bowfalls
Kelly C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay with us. From your comments I see that our staff once again played a key role in making sure your stay was a pleasant one. So nice of you to mention this in your comments!! The location of the ice machine can be a inconvenient if you are staying on the second floor, and I do apologize for that. As we consider ways to improve our guest experience(s), we will certainly keep this feedback in mind. Should your travels find you in our area again, it would be our pleasure to host your stay.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I have travelled all over the world for 25 years and can't express how impressed I was with this hotel. Shortly after checking in, which was a quick but informative process, I received a call from the front desk to ensure we had everything we needed. I would highly recommend staying here if you get the opportunity.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Lacrosselover
Kelly C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

.....And we would love to have you back again! So very pleased that we exceeded your expectations. Honestly we do what we do because we enjoy it! To read a comment such as your is such a thrill for all of us here. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and your experience with us.