“Better Best Western !” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Riverview, Canada
“Better Best Western !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

Just stayed here for 7 nights while working in Bridgewater, NS. Just a few years old this Hotel is built to be quiet. Great beds , clean rooms , very friendly staff. Pool, workout room , complete breakfast included. The restaurant in the hotel is very good and I would suggest serve the best seafood chowder available anywhere.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Robert B
Joanne C, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Bridgewater Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Hi Robert,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a great review of the hotel. We certainly enjoyed having your group stay with us and hope to see you back again in the future. I will pass along your comments about the chowder to our Chef - I am sure it will make his day.

Thanks Again,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed at the Best Western Plus in Bridgewater for a week because I had an unexpected trip home. The hotel is the newest in the area and is just located outside of the town, directly across from the Walmart which is handy in case you forget to bring an item on your travels. It is also right off the highway, around 45 minutes from Halifax depending on traffic.

It is your typical Best Western but with a little bit extra giving it the "PLUS" name that the chain seemed to introduced this year. The rooms are nice and clean and have comfortable beds which is a bonus.

The free continental breakfast at this Best Western is by far the best I have ever had, maybe even the best of any hotel chain I have ever stayed at! You actually get real plates and cutlery, freshly squeezed juice, omelets, eggs, and your regular items like bagels, yogurt and cereal you would normally find included with a free continental breakfast.

The staff are very friendly and accommodating. There is a hot tub and indoor pool which has a big water slide that seemed to attract the locals however. If you pay $10 per person you get use of the pool for two hours. Makes for a not so relaxing stay when there are a bunch of screaming kids running around the pool and you are paying good money to stay at this property.

Overall the stay was good, and I would recommend it to be the place to stay when in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Traveller_Interupted
Joanne C, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Bridgewater Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding our property. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will certainly pass along your comments to our staff and to our food & beverage department regarding the quality of the breakfast. Please accept my apologies for the crowded pool. Due to limited choices in the area we do offer this service to the community however we do try to limit the amount of general public in the pool to ensure that there is room for our guests. It sounds like we may have overlooked this during your time with us - I will be sure to follow up so that we are keeping a better eye.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to Bridgewater in the future.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed at the Best Western Plus in Bridgewater for a Wedding. The place is relatively new and is just outside of Bridgwater near the Walmart and off the exit of the 103. The hotel is very nice. It has a typical Best Western Plus feel with nice rooms and comfortable beds. What makes the stay nice are the people. The staff is very friendly and was really accommodating. An example of this is we got confused on when the free continental breakfast is served and arrived after it closed. They still fed us anyway. The wedding reception was there and it was very nice. The food there was excellent as well. My room was near the reception hall and I did not hear the music at all in the room. They have a hot tub and indoor pool. The pool has a big slide that both kids and adults had a blast going down. It is a bit on the pricier end but having scene some of the other places to stay in the the area I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Joanne C, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Bridgewater Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review. I can't stress enough how much we are blessed to have such incredible staff that keep our guests so happy. Thanks again and hopefully we will see you again soon.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

As a commercial traveler or a tourist, this is the one place to stay.. I know there are loyalties to other traveler hotels but the other travelers have to try this. I have been on the sales road for 30 years. I wish I had this hotel and its staff and services in Bridgewater NS canada to compare to.
You will not be disappointed...this is number one and within the travel sales budget.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Seaslider
Joanne C, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Bridgewater Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for such wonderful comments regarding our property and our staff. We take great pride in our hotel and it is always great to hear when that flows through to our guests.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you are traveling in the area.

Leesville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband is here on business and we are here on extend stay. This is our home for the next few months. The room is clean, well decorated,very spacious and the bed is so comfortable!! I have back problems and dont usually sleep well in a hotel. But this is the most comfortable bed I have sleep in. The staff are so nice and always helpful. They go out of their way to help us when we have needed anything including helping with great places to go sight seeing. This time of year it is so beautiful and we have found so many really beautiful places to visit and surprised to find so many great places close to the hotel. We are also really enjoying the use of the customer Laundry. It is open anytime you need it and with my husband working different hours this is really great.The room is well insulated for sound. I can be in the living room part of it watching TV and my husband asleep in the bedroom part and it doesnt bother him! The pool is great but a little cold. The hot tub is really nice.The resturant has yummy food and friendly staff. The morning breakfast is better than you will get at home. Exercise room is very well equipped and nice. We brought our dog and she is loving the trail that is right behind the hotel. I am so happy there is a Walmart and many other stores right across the street. I dont have a car so the short walk is great. The front desk and all the staff have helped us with so many things from a blanket for my puppy, bandage for my husband, change from united states money to candian money, and change for laundry and to think I was worried about staying here for an extended amount of time!! No worries now enjoying my stay.

Room Tip: Our room is in the front of the hotel. I think the rooms on the back with a view of the beautiful wo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank Beverly W
Joanne C, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Bridgewater Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Beverly it is such a pleasure to have you, your husband and Baby as our guests. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with the Tripadvisor community. As extended stay guests its not always easy to be away from home for such a long period but we are happy to do whatever it takes to make this feel like your home and it is wonderful to hear that you so comfortable with us. I know you still have a lot of nights left with us so if there is anything else that we can do for you please don't hesitate to let any of the staff know.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

We booked this hotel through air miles and were pleasantly surprised at the quality of this hotel . This is a very new facility that has recently opened and it is within walking distance of many chain restaurants. It has a lovely indoor pool and small fitness facility but at 7:00 in the morning I had the fitness room to myself. The rooms are quite large with a nice sized bathroom. In addition, the free hot breakfast in the morning is above average with an excellent choice of hot and cold items.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your great review. It is always wonderful to get such great feedback regarding the hotel. We do put a lot of focus on our breakfast as part of Best Western and I am very happy that you found it to be better than expected.

Thanks again and hopefully we can welcome you back the next time you are in the area.

Thunder Bay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed here for two days while touring the area and I was very happy with the clean rooms and comfortable beds. It is off the main highway so it was easy to get to. Having a restaurant next door was handy and the laundry facilities was a plus.
The front staff was very friendly and professional.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Joanne C, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Bridgewater Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I hope that you enjoyed your time touring the area - we might be a bit prejudice but we tend to think the south shore it the best part of the province! Thank you for making the choice to stay with us and hopefully we will see you again sometime in the future.

Joanne
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgewater
Days Inn & Conference Center - Bridgewater
#3 of 6 in Lunenburg
Bridgewater Hotel
Bridgewater Hotel
#5 of 5 in Bridgewater

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Bridgewater Hotel & Convention Centre? Share your experiences!