“Best place to stay in the Bridgewater area”

Best Western Plus Bridgewater Hotel & Convention Centre
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bridgewater
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed at the Best Western Plus in Bridgewater for a Wedding. The place is relatively new and is just outside of Bridgwater near the Walmart and off the exit of the 103. The hotel is very nice. It has a typical Best Western Plus feel with nice rooms and comfortable beds. What makes the stay nice are the people. The staff is very friendly and was really accommodating. An example of this is we got confused on when the free continental breakfast is served and arrived after it closed. They still fed us anyway. The wedding reception was there and it was very nice. The food there was excellent as well. My room was near the reception hall and I did not hear the music at all in the room. They have a hot tub and indoor pool. The pool has a big slide that both kids and adults had a blast going down. It is a bit on the pricier end but having scene some of the other places to stay in the the area I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Joanne C, General Manager at Best Western Plus Bridgewater Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful review. I can't stress enough how much we are blessed to have such incredible staff that keep our guests so happy. Thanks again and hopefully we will see you again soon.

Joanne

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Bridgewater Hotel & Convention Centre

Reviewed October 24, 2012

As a commercial traveler or a tourist, this is the one place to stay.. I know there are loyalties to other traveler hotels but the other travelers have to try this. I have been on the sales road for 30 years. I wish I had this hotel and its staff and services in Bridgewater NS canada to compare to.
You will not be disappointed...this is number one and within the travel sales budget.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Seaslider
Joanne C, General Manager at Best Western Plus Bridgewater Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Thank you for such wonderful comments regarding our property and our staff. We take great pride in our hotel and it is always great to hear when that flows through to our guests.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you are traveling in the area.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband is here on business and we are here on extend stay. This is our home for the next few months. The room is clean, well decorated,very spacious and the bed is so comfortable!! I have back problems and dont usually sleep well in a hotel. But this is the most comfortable bed I have sleep in. The staff are so nice and always helpful. They go out of their way to help us when we have needed anything including helping with great places to go sight seeing. This time of year it is so beautiful and we have found so many really beautiful places to visit and surprised to find so many great places close to the hotel. We are also really enjoying the use of the customer Laundry. It is open anytime you need it and with my husband working different hours this is really great.The room is well insulated for sound. I can be in the living room part of it watching TV and my husband asleep in the bedroom part and it doesnt bother him! The pool is great but a little cold. The hot tub is really nice.The resturant has yummy food and friendly staff. The morning breakfast is better than you will get at home. Exercise room is very well equipped and nice. We brought our dog and she is loving the trail that is right behind the hotel. I am so happy there is a Walmart and many other stores right across the street. I dont have a car so the short walk is great. The front desk and all the staff have helped us with so many things from a blanket for my puppy, bandage for my husband, change from united states money to candian money, and change for laundry and to think I was worried about staying here for an extended amount of time!! No worries now enjoying my stay.

Room Tip: Our room is in the front of the hotel. I think the rooms on the back with a view of the beautiful wo...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank Beverly W
Joanne C, General Manager at Best Western Plus Bridgewater Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Beverly it is such a pleasure to have you, your husband and Baby as our guests. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with the Tripadvisor community. As extended stay guests its not always easy to be away from home for such a long period but we are happy to do whatever it takes to make this feel like your home and it is wonderful to hear that you so comfortable with us. I know you still have a lot of nights left with us so if there is anything else that we can do for you please don't hesitate to let any of the staff know.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We booked this hotel through air miles and were pleasantly surprised at the quality of this hotel . This is a very new facility that has recently opened and it is within walking distance of many chain restaurants. It has a lovely indoor pool and small fitness facility but at 7:00 in the morning I had the fitness room to myself. The rooms are quite large with a nice sized bathroom. In addition, the free hot breakfast in the morning is above average with an excellent choice of hot and cold items.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your great review. It is always wonderful to get such great feedback regarding the hotel. We do put a lot of focus on our breakfast as part of Best Western and I am very happy that you found it to be better than expected.

Thanks again and hopefully we can welcome you back the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed here for two days while touring the area and I was very happy with the clean rooms and comfortable beds. It is off the main highway so it was easy to get to. Having a restaurant next door was handy and the laundry facilities was a plus.
The front staff was very friendly and professional.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Joanne C, General Manager at Best Western Plus Bridgewater Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I hope that you enjoyed your time touring the area - we might be a bit prejudice but we tend to think the south shore it the best part of the province! Thank you for making the choice to stay with us and hopefully we will see you again sometime in the future.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights in September. This hotel is lovely in regards to cleanliness, decor, hot buffet breakfast and convenience (walking distance) to some stores and restaurants, and close to the main highway. However, we experienced some frustrations such as: pool area was not opened on time and had to find caretaker to get entrance half an hour late; coffee urn was empty and ham gone at 8:00 am at the buffet breakfast; tried to make coffee in the room but no filters found - had to call front desk and go to pick them up. Best Westerns are our favourite hotels but there just wasn't the attention to the little details at this one.

Room Tip: Third floor room 330's looking into the garden courtyard and pergola was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank dntravellers
Joanne C, General Manager at Best Western Plus Bridgewater Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Thank you for letting us know about your stay. First of all I am very sorry that your stay was disappointing. It is the attention to the little things that usually allow us to stand out and I am very sorry that we fell short during your time with us. I appreciate you taking the time to pass along your comments so that I am able to follow up and ensure that we do our best to see that we don't miss these types of things for future guests. I hope that if you travel back to the area again you will consider trying us for a second time. If you do have any other feedback regarding your stay please feel free to contact me personally.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We spent 7 nights nights at the Best Western in July and had a very enjoyable time. The staff are exceptional. The beds are super comfortable, the rooms and lobby are very clean, we enjoyed the pool and waterslide and the complimentary hot breakfast was always well stocked. The air conditioners were nice and quiet. We appreciated the onsite laundry facilities and the well equipped fitness facility. Would definitely stay here again if ever in Bridgewater.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second level so you can use the stairs instead of the elevator. Also ask for...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Joanne C, General Manager at Best Western Plus Bridgewater Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments of our property to the TripAdvisor community. It's always great to hear when guests make use of and enjoy our facilities. Thanks as well for sharing your tip regarding the rooms on the back of the building. Our gazebo and walking trail behind the hotel are TOO good of a secret! We hope to see you again soon!

Joanne

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgewater
Comfort Inn Bridgewater
#3 of 6 in Lunenburg
Lighthouse Motel
Lighthouse Motel
#2 of 5 in Bridgewater

Been to Best Western Plus Bridgewater Hotel & Convention Centre? Share your experiences!