Best Western Plus Bridgewater Hotel & Convention Centre
GreenLeadersBronze level
Halifax, Canada
“Beautiful Hotel”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Beautiful new hotel.. highly recommend staying here, its very clean the breakfast was good and a nice pool... what else would you want?? If I ever visit the area again I will definately stay here again!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Joanne C, General Manager at Best Western Plus Bridgewater Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you so much for the great review. Best Western takes cleanliness and breakfast very serious so I am thrilled that you noticed the quality in these services. We participate in an Ultra Clean program which brings our cleanliness to an entirely new level in the industry and of course we recognize breakfast as the most important meal of the day and glad you enjoyed! Hopefully we will see you again on a future visit.

Joanne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Me and my family have recently visited the Best Western Plus Hotel in Bridgewater Nova Scotia and I must say it has everything a Hotel should have! The staff are amazing for one! They are all so down to earth friendly! They make you feel so welcome. I have been to many Hotels, Motels, from different 5 stars and below. I must say this place if a 5 in everyway in my books! The price is reasonable and the best part is they have perks(bonus's) for returning guests! You don't get that at higher end Hotels. I have stayed at those higher end places and this Hotel out beats many of them. The rooms are spotless, and the beds are so comfortable! Even the fluffy pillows are so comfortable! The bathrooms are big and the standard room is actually very nice to stay in. The pool is the perfect size, not small like most hotels I've stayed. The 80ft slide is amazing! Fun for all ages.There is also a cozy hotub and work out room. The morning breakfast is one of the best breakfast's I have had at a hotel yet, and it comes complementary with staying each night. Many other hotels you have to pay extra for that. Yes, I look forward to returning again, it's a little hidden treasure in Bridgewater! Great for everyone!

Room Tip: So far, the two rooms I've stayed have been very nice over looking the forest area.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank oceanalien67
Joanne C, General Manager at Best Western Plus Bridgewater Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you so very much for taking the time to write such a great review of our property. We are extremely lucky to have a wonderful staff that take pride in ensuring our guests are comfortable and in making them feel at home. Our room attendants are trained in Best Western's Ultra Clean program which ensure we offer the cleanest rooms in the industry as a standard. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us - thank you again for such a wonderful review and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the area.

Kentville, Canada
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I loved my stay at the Bridgewater Best Western. My bridesmaids had surprised me for my bachelorette party there. The staff were all amazing and very helpful. Excellent customer service! The hotel is in excellent condition, very clean and the rooms were nice and clean as well. I absolutely loved the pool and the water slide was a lovely bonus. I especially loved that the complimentary breakfast was a selection of hot and cold choices instead of the standard muffin, toast and fruits with tea/coffee. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone that was needing a place to stay for their travels while in Bridgewater.

Room Tip: There are various different rooms to choose from, all are very nice!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Best Western Plus Bridgewater Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
First of all congratulations on your upcoming wedding! And thank you for sharing you comments with the trip advisor community. It is always a pleasure to be a part of our guest's memorable moments. We hope that you will visit us again soon - maybe with your new husband in tow!

Bridgewater, Canada
Reviewed July 11, 2012

This was the first time staying at the Best Western in Bridgewater, I have drove by it many times. It was wonderful! The rooms were beautiful, the staff was friendly, and the whole hotel was very clean! and the pool.. well that was AMAZING!!! I loved the breakfast (which is included in your room fee) was delicious!! I will reccommend this to anyone staying in the area! Can't wait to stay here again! The grounds outside are fabulous and look wonderful when driving by and upon arrival! :) Well done!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you Nicole for such a wonderful review of our property! I am going to go ahead and assume that you enjoyed the waterslide in the pool?!?! Be sure to drop in and see us again the next time you pass by - it would be a pleasure to welcome you back.

Annapolis Royal, Canada
Reviewed July 8, 2012

July 8/2012

Stressed Western. Bridgewater, Nova Scotia.

As a Medicinal Majuriana patient, you often feel like a criminal but you never expect to be treated as one. As all Cronic pain sufferers know, you’re not only batteling the pain but the depression aswell.

My Girlfriend and I decided to meet friends in Bridgewater for some much needed relaxation. We made reservations at the Best Western 527 Highway 10 Bridgewater NS. My Cronic pain is more intense in the mornings and I always have a smoke to increase my appetite. I rolled a joint in my room then walked 2 to 3 blocks away from the hotel to have some privacy.

Upon checkout the General Manager asked to speak to us. She told us she was going to charge us an extra cleaning fee of $300.00 to “remove a certan oder”. Confused I asked what for? She replyed for smoking pot in the room and she had evidence and was calling the poliece. At that point I informed her that I have a perscription for medical marijuana and asked that the staff do their normal housekeeping, then see if the room needed further cleaning.

My girlfriend and I wated while the GM called the RCMP. After talking to us, the two officers Informed me that the Best Western charges for any additional cleaning. I reminded the officers that the staff didn’t clean the room yet and we would wate quietly until they were finished to see the smell dissipated or if it needed $300.00 more work. The officers suggested that I pay the fee and not to bother staying at the BW Bridgewater again.

I’m not normally the type of person to rase my vioce about injustice, but I would hate to see another cronic pain sufferer go through the time and frustration I had to just to respectfully roll some medication away from the public.

Best Western, Bridgewater didn’t just ruin our weekend vacation. I returned home less $300.00 and more depressed than when I left.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Best Western Plus Bridgewater Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Morgan,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Unfortunately I did not have the opportunity to discuss your stay with you on the weekend as I was not at the property and I am very sorry if you were under the impression you were speaking with the General Manager. I am also very sorry that you feel you were singled out for your medical conditions but this certainly was not the case ; as a non smoking property we need to ensure that our rooms are deep cleaned when there is smoke in the room - no matter what the substance. It is unfortunate that the RCMP were called but again it was due to reasons other than the marijuana. I am deeply sorry that you did not have the exceptional experience that we pride ourselves on.

Canada
Reviewed June 8, 2012

This is a newer motel and we found it to be modern and very clean. All the hotel staff we met were quite friendly. Breakfast was included in the room price and the selection of food was good for a complementary offering, i.e much similar to that which is normally offered at Holiday Inn Express hotels. As far as breakfast was concened, I was not all that fond of either the home fries nor the sausage that were provided. More specifically, I didn't like the spice on the home fries style potatoes and the sausage links had a flavor I hadn't experienced before in breakfast sausage. However, the food was well prepared and my concerns were just a matter of personal taste.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Moncton, Canada
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Stayed here for business. Very impressed. A shiny jewel. Comfortable beds, spacious rooms, great facilities and professional staff. Book here without hesitation.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Joanne C, General Manager at Best Western Plus Bridgewater Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our hotel. You said we were a "jewel" ... I don't know how much more of a compliment you could give to the property and to the staff. We appreciate your feedback and hopefully we will welcome you back again some time in the near future.

Joanne
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgewater
Days Inn & Conference Center - Bridgewater
#3 of 6 in Lunenburg
Lighthouse Motel
Lighthouse Motel
#2 of 5 in Bridgewater

Been to Best Western Plus Bridgewater Hotel & Convention Centre? Share your experiences!