“Well. Where to start.”
Review of Morfeas Hotel

Morfeas Hotel
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Kavos
Reviewed August 21, 2013

After a long day of traveling and being up for 28 hours solid I was more than happy to have finally arrive at the morfeas. We had breakfast the first morning which wasn't the best but we were never awake early enough anyway so it wasn't a problem. After a little kip we met the staff. Well. I do not have enough time to describe how amazing they all where there's the godfather well he just makes amazing food which is hard to find out there then there's Akis he showed me the way with ouzo. On the decks you have mickey the best mp3 changer I have ever met and found out the hard way that what he says is true for example we payed for the beach party despite being told how bad it is and guess what. It was worse than expected. Moving on you have Tyler who one lad in particular was pretty much in love with put it this way. She knows how to pour a good morfeas mule. Everywhere you go there is always the hench one in this case kostas he has serious plate tekkers 'do you want a tray kostas?' 'Nah it will be fine I have my right arm' what legend though. Didn't speak to michallis much but I do know he has a nice car. The hotel food was amazing and some great deals. All the staf made our stay even more enjoyable than we possibly thought it could be. I would definatley go back without a doubt and would highly recommend to anybody wondering weather to go. Don't listen to anybody who says its 'not a nice place to go' they clearly went there with their head in a paper bag. As it was my first lads holiday I didn't know what to expect but if I did it would of being nothing as good as what it was. All I can say really is thank you morfeas it will be hard to match anywhere else.

1/6 of the Leeds lads.

1  Thank Reecet059

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in kavos for one week. This hotel was fab. The staff couldn't be any friendlier if they tried always there for you no matter what, made you aware of the dangers and told you the best places where to go. 5min walk from the beach and strip. The bed and room in general was clean though the bathroom wasn't. We stayed in the apartment which was a little dated. For sure worth the money. But it is kavos so i wouldn't recommend families staying. The food and drink in the hotel was great and very cheap they also have a pool bar that sells snacks all day again extremely cheap. The service was brilliant absolutely loved the staff and my holiday wouldn't have been the same without them! Go go go to kavos and stay here!!!!!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Hotel staff where brilliant, food was the best and location is just perfect. 5 minutes from the beach with an excellent beach side bar which did good food and drink at reasonable prices and 5 minutes from the strip. Why in the world do people with families go too kavos in the first place is beyond me? Get a clue people. If you want a good time for a good rate then morfeas hotel is the place to be. Mikey has too get a mention. Top dj, english and funny as hell. Hotel staff are not as pushy as other reviews suggest no where near. Did you people take a walk down the strip with all the PR guys and gals on your case all the time? Guess not with your reviews. Bottom line excellent staff, good food and brilliant entertainment. Totally enjoyed my time there. KAVOS IS NOT A PLACE FOR FAMILIES.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

When I first arrived at the first glance the hotel seemed decent but not the best but when I looked around it was dirty, when I went into the bathroom I found dead flies on the shelf and when i had a shower the water went every where and made puddles in the bathroom, to solve this problem the maid laid a towel down and left it there for days with the bathroom still filling with water! Overall very disappointing. The resort also leaves an awful lot to be desired, not a safe place at all I ended my 2 week holiday after 4 days!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank hayley m
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I've just arrived home from staying at the Morfeas Hotel with my girlfriend, bestfriend and his partner and can honestly say this is the best holiday I've had by miles,the moment we walked through the entrance on arrival we were made very welcome by all the staff, we found the staff to be very helpful and entertaining throughout the whole holiday, Mickey and Kostas definitely made our holiday awesome at the Morfeas and would definitely return for the sheer fact the staff there were great.
I wouldn't recommend the hotel it's self to families or people expecting a quiet holiday as the majority of the guests that stay in the hotel it's self are aiming to be loud and have a good time (The concept of the kavos strip), we were slightly disappointed by the breakfast which was only a croissant and 2 slices of toast, we were understanding to the fact not many people wake up for breakfast after a heavy night out and that serving large quantities of food would be pointless, as there isn't much attendance to breakfast, although it should definitely not be advertised as a B&B standard! The bar and the restaurant on the other hand were of a very high quality and would definitely recommend starting your night with an amazing 3 course meal for $10 euros and some good quality alcohol at the bar while laughing at the banter given and received by Mickey.
Within the room it was very basic, which we were expecting from what we paid and our insight on how Greece accommodation is, however the lack of fresh towels and laundry is not very pleasant and while staying for 7 days we only received 1 change of sheets and towels which is not very hygienic at all, perhaps bringing an shower towel should be recommended!

Overall the staff here definitely deserve a lot of credit for making the hotel as welcome and as fun as it is! Thank you Mickey and Kostas and Tyler!
Ouzo!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Really unhappy with the overall atmosphere of this hotel. Completely unsuitable for people for anyone other than young young teens (16-20 max) or stag/hen doo's. Hotel itself was nice enough and main areas were clean and fresh, rooms however were small dirty and very unhygenic. Towels were "changed" once in our week and were merely swapped with another room as the "new" towels had stains. bed sheets were never changed, aircon was £40 and blew hotter air than the outisde breeze. breakfast was very substandard , one piece of toat , one cup of tea and occasionally an orange juice. Hotel staff were friendly but were very pushy and keen to toot their own horns " we have the best drinks", "we have the best food" "dont eat anywhere else" we were made to feel almost loners because we were not intrested in getting as drunk as we can as quick as we can. Most of the staff were friendly , that much I will say, but defo not a 3 star hotel, 2 at a very very strong push.

Room Tip: Use another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dougie07
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived we were told that we had been "upgraded" to some apartments across the road.
This actually meant that four of us had to share one bathroom and although there was a kitchen area, there is no way we could have used it for cooking food.

Twice during the week our electricity went out. The second time was at 4 in the morning and we couldn't sleep without the air conditioning on so went across to the hotel to ask for help. They sent a security guard who had no clue what to do and who told us he would go back and send someone else over. He never did. After complaining to the manager in the morning, his response was "I don't know, girls". We paid €80 for air con for the week and we didn't even receive an apology.

They would also let themselves in to the apartments and switch off our air con

The staff give heavily biased advice about where to go and can be really funny about it if you decide not to eat in the hotel. They also try to convince you that 90% of bars in Kavos will try to poison you with ethanol so that you drink at their bar.

Finally, the breakfast is a joke. Glad we only attempted it once.

The only good thing about this hotel is location and possibly the pool.

2  Thank Sarahkatejeff
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kavos
Mediterranean Blue Resort
Kontokali Bay Resort and Spa
Hotel Telesilla
Hotel Telesilla
#2 of 4 in Kontokali

Been to Morfeas Hotel? Share your experiences!