“Best hotel in Kavos”
Review of Morfeas Hotel

Morfeas Hotel
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Kavos
Reviewed May 24, 2013

For the money my friends and I paid for our holiday at Morfeas we expected something rather poor, but instead the hotel to be absolutely amazing.

Located literally 5 minutes away from the beach, 2 minutes away from the shops and the strip.
My friends and I went in May just before the season and it was amazinggg.

Staff- top notch, hotel facilities- brill.
Can't think of anything bad about the place!

Room Tip: We had rooms next to each other facing the rest of the buildings and the pool and it was great. Clos...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 22, 2013

This hotel and its staff you can't get any better. Staff are so welcoming and can't do enough for you. I went with 2 of my mates and right away we were made to feel like a part if the morfeas family. The pool party is one of the best I have every been to and to win miss kavos well that was a laugh. All I can say is buzzzzzzz

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed May 21, 2013

stayed at the morfeas from 13th to 20th may 13 my partner and i had a great, time staff where friendly and couldnt do enough for you, they have a greek night every thursday and everybody joins in. food was brill and drinks very cheap lol. the local cafe near the hotel was run by a lovely famly very good food,

Room Tip: try and get poolside
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Another amazing holiday at this great hotel, clean ,friendly, all the things you need. But the main tjing is the wonderful staff, happy , friendly , can't do enough for you. They changed our room when I arrived on crutches. They are an amazing set of guys who never fail to make us laugh. Can't wait to go back, AWESOME !!!!

Room Tip: Can't really comment, both trips had good rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Stayed here 13th May for a week, was very apprehensive as had read previous comments. But was an excellent holiday, friendly family run hotel from the "godfather" to Mickey who knew everyone's name made us all very welcome, nothing was too much bother. Hotel spotless room basic but clean and maid service 6 days a week. Good food in hotel and reasonable, pool area great plenty sun beds. Even Sean the rep was part if the team and have met many reps on holidays but he has to be one of the most genuine reps sorted out a problem immediately fantastic. Greek night is a must food good entertainment fantastic. Restaurants outside good value fantastic little one for breakfasts try the oven and eves garden both inexpensive and good food. All and all a very friendly place to stay one I would highly recommend for family's at the earlier start of the season.

Room Tip: Was in b block up stairs noise not an issue
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank harry80
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed at the Morfeas in the last week of June 2012 with 8 friends (18/19 years old) and didn't know what to expect from mixed reviews. Upon arrival our passports were taken and stored behind reception in full view which I was apprehensive about but proved to be no problem as there is always someone in the reception/bar area.

I expected the location to be a trek but 5 minutes away is the mini strip which is always bouncing and home to Rodney's - have to go to for a melon if you're in Kavos! The mini strip is a great place to go after pre drinks but before the main strip or if you're wanting a quieter night. We did Shisha a few times on less rowdy nights or if you wanted to relax before a mad one.

The main strip is absolute madness, another 5 minutes away and you're surrounded by bright lights, loud music and pr people who you'll get used to and ignore eventually. One of our favourite places to go was Rolling Stones with a bar at the front and club through the back. They play cheesy and indie music that everyone knows so you can have a good sing.

Turn left out the hotel and there's path that takes you to a nice quiet part of the beach within minutes. Turn right and there's a wee shop about a minute away where you can get more or less everything you'll need - water, alcohol, pasta and sauces, crisps etc as well as some touristy shops selling some hilarious souvenirs.

As for the hotel, it's clean, basic and safe but what more do you want? Sheets aren't changed but the rest of the room is cleaned daily. Consuela comes in every morning and will chuck you out your room so she can clean but is happy for you to stay on the balcony while she's there. People give her a bad rap but who wouldn't be annoyed with drunk British teenagers running about, making you clean up after them. Make sure you pay for air con as you'll hate life without it. Staff are so friendly, Mickey and Kostas are always there to make sure you're having a good time and keep the banter flowing. Pool area is great during the day (avoid at night unless you want fined) with radio 1 playing, decent food and drinks and plenty loungers and tables both shaded and in the sun.

If you leave the Morfeas without trying a Mule you have wasted your time. Honestly one of the nicest drinks I've ever had. It's full of alcohol but still tastes amazing and obviously gets you drunk.

Seriously, contrary to what I was expecting due to the nature of holiday, this is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in simply down to the staff and atmosphere they create. Probably wouldn't go back to Kavos if I couldn't stay here as it was so good I don't want my view tarnished.

Room Tip: Get A/C, request upper floor
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank catty93_
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I holidayed here at the morfeas at the hotel May 2012 for a week, the start of the season so was relatively quiet which suited my boyfriend and I. We stayed self catering and ate in the restaurant most nights it was excellent food and very reasonably priced. The apartments are clean and have all that you will need for a 3 star, the location is great too just a short walk to the strip so you can sleep and a short walk to the beach. The pool area though is where we spent most of our time plenty of sunbeds and good atmosphere. Theres a supermarket round the corner so you can get your daily suplys. Last but by no means least the staff or should I say Morfeas family!!! everyone that works at the hotel were friendly and polite and I should say made our holiday most nights we stayed in the bar chatting and listening to the great music Mick was playing. I would not hesitate to come back again as it was the most welcoming hotel Ive stayed in years!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SuzC2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kavos
Quayside Village
Matoula Apartments
#1 of 19 in Acharavi
23 mi away
Kontokali Bay Resort and Spa

Been to Morfeas Hotel? Share your experiences!