“great hotel”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Kavos
Preston, United Kingdom
“great hotel”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I holidayed here at the morfeas at the hotel May 2012 for a week, the start of the season so was relatively quiet which suited my boyfriend and I. We stayed self catering and ate in the restaurant most nights it was excellent food and very reasonably priced. The apartments are clean and have all that you will need for a 3 star, the location is great too just a short walk to the strip so you can sleep and a short walk to the beach. The pool area though is where we spent most of our time plenty of sunbeds and good atmosphere. Theres a supermarket round the corner so you can get your daily suplys. Last but by no means least the staff or should I say Morfeas family!!! everyone that works at the hotel were friendly and polite and I should say made our holiday most nights we stayed in the bar chatting and listening to the great music Mick was playing. I would not hesitate to come back again as it was the most welcoming hotel Ive stayed in years!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SuzC2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Polish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Jesus Christ don't go with the family!! This hotel was sold to us by the wonderful yet stupid Thomas Cook travel agency! They told us at the time of booking that the area of Kavos is defo party central but it would be nothing that my 50 year old mum and my 60 year old dad couldn't handle....... LMFAO anyway me and my brother loved this hotel it had everything that we needed/wanted including the pool with bar, bar by reception, mini restaurant that served AMAZING steaks and authentic Greek meals and of course a Thomas Cook rep that did an amazing job at getting us in the right clubs and just generally making sure we were all good! AGAIN this hotel is NOT a family hotel in my eyes so don let any travel agent tell you otherwise! Me and some mates will defo be back next year :)

Room Tip: Everywhere is noisy in the hotel throughout the night/early morning but who cares no one sleeps in K...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Skoda11
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed here as part of a group of 6 girls aged 17-18 in July 2012 for 10 days and absolutely loved it. Arrived at 5am to be greeted by Mickey and Kostas with smiles and was immediately bought drinks by friendly guests to get us started!!
Such a family atmosphere, everyone on the strip would refer to other guests as the "Morfeas Family" and look out for each other, pool party is also not to be missed and is well worth the €20!!
Became good friends with the staff and other guests here including the St Albans and London lads, rooms were basic but very clean although Consuela didn't seem to understand that after a night on the strip you don't want your room cleaning bright and early!
Hotel is far enough from the strip to get some sleep (if you want it) and near enough to walk home alone at 5am safely.. Perfect.
Missed breakfast most mornings but wasn't bothered as poolside bar snacks were cheap and just what was needed when hungover....
Kostas was also helpful when I hurt my toe on the strip and didn't want to pay extortionate prices at the emergency clinic!
Overall the hotel was incredibly friendly, completely felt like everyone was one big family and loved the Morfeas Mule, not so much what it did to me the next morning. 24 hour bar was a god send for pre drinks, bottles of water when returning from the strip in the early hours and midnight shots, wish I could have stated for longer...

Us Derby girls loved every minute staying here and the people we met and have stayed in touch with, perfect hotel for groups wanting to go out and recover in the day like we did...

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floor when booking as its safer and the balconies get more sun!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Me and my 7 mates stayed here for a week, bar staff were friendly - cleaners were not! Conseula was fairly useless, got on well with my mate Jacob though, if you get what I mean... Ryan slept for ages, fire cat was v oily! This one guy Rowan kept breaking into others rooms tho on the stay, room locks should be improved! We liked the football and the mules. Place did stink though, air con was fairly useless too! Still enjoyed it though, great week

• Stayed July 2012
4 Thank Tanmannn
leeds
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed here June 2012, from the moment I arrived to the moment I left i felt welcomed by all the staff, reps and owner. They couldn't do enough to help us and were very easy going and very approachable. Excellent place to start the night off from and 24 hour bar to finish in. The best laugh I've had in ages and I'm going again June 2013.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank chris d
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here in july 2012, poor hotel needs a total revamp as the rooms are so grotty dirty and stained, breakfast is a joke, toast and croissants not great after a night on the strip and the breakfast room was infested with wasps it was horrible had a full fry up like a 3 minute walk away for 2euros so didn't turn back to the croissants!! 3 star rating no way more like a one star the only thing good about this hotel is the location close to strip and beach.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Lianeee
Leeds
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We partied hard all week, lovin it !! Thought it was ace here with my mates. The room we were in was big, even had our own balcony for late parties. Cheap and cheerful had the best time of our lives. First time we came here usually go to the Napa. Out on booze cruises and clubs every day and recovered by the pool. Finally found what we were looking for.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kavos
Mediterranean Blue Resort
Philoxenia Hotel Corfu
#1 of 4 in Ermones
Bella Vista Hotel & Studios
Koulouris Beach Hotel

Been to Morfeas Hotel? Share your experiences!