“Fab Holiday!!”

Ranked #7 of 62 Specialty Lodging in Kavos
Wales
“Fab Holiday!!”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

We stayed here in August 2010!! One of the best holidays we have been on. The hotel was basic but fine for young party animals! The hotel owners won't have any nonsence and if Graham the bar tender is still there he is fab up for a laugh but will protect you for your holiday..e.g when some boys decided to jump on our balcony and steal our bikinis at 7am- he threw them out of their room! Rooms and pool area were clean with lovely food and drink flowing throughout the day/night! Although it is quite a bit of a walk to the main strip its definitley worth it! Abs Fabulous holiday!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hayley w

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Watford, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Overall a fab holiday, although it got off to a bad start i would use this hotel again, firstly the transfered we had only gave us a resort drop off so had to make our own way to the hotel when we arrived at 5.30am there was some confusion with our room as they had expected us the previous day .. you would think our travel agency would have informed them of our flight details, to cut a long story short we were put into a tempory room and moved the following day, we werent in the main block which in the end was good for us as although we like to party like everyone we could get a decend nights well morning sleep! we never used our hotel facilitys but used the pool next to us, the couple who owned this were fab and really friendly, i would not recommend kavos as a couples or family holiday but great for friends or groups this hotel is in a great location not to close but not to far away, marias bar is lovely for a warm up or a low key night, and buzz and atlantis are the places to hit!! the annoying thing is that its illegal to play music after midnight so the clubs turn it off when the police go past and then turn it right back on once they move on, girls be careful with your bags in the bars and on the beach my friend had everything stolen including her iphone and camara so keep it on you at all times. overall fab holiday but couldnt have done longer then a week out here needed a few days of sleep when i got home just to recover! got a tattoo at bulldogs too there great in there! have a good time
xx

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lisac123
Reviewed February 12, 2011

Lovely apartments, clean and good facilities!
Hotel owners are absolute gems!

• Stayed September 2010
2 Thank Leggie1
England
Reviewed June 18, 2010

Well where do i start, first of all we booked the ionian - which is a 4 star, we were told the day before we flew out we would be staying here (not the chandris fault i know!) once we arrived we were quite gad we did get downgraded, apparently accoring to workers the ionian is aaages away from the nightlife (which is why we came in the first place) anyway the apartments were basic, didn't use the self-catering facility's as they were a bit grimy to be honest, the shower didn't have a curtain or cubicle so the bathroom gets absolutely soaked, plus nothing to hang the showehead on so you just have to stand in the middle of a room basically! very strange! Watch for your towel, bikinis, toothbrush's e.t.c as EVERYTHING gets soaked when you have a shower!! Bloke that worked behing the bar (think his name was graham) was nice enough, gave you bits of friendly advice, did eat a chip off my friend plate claiming he hadn't had breakfast, i laughed but it it really annoyed her!!!
Nightlife was rubbish but that's due to going at a stupid time off year, go to maria's bar to start and pulse after - these two bars will look ater you, miss adlevice all together - they are renowned for spiking drinks. Pool is small and not alot of sunbeds, normally i would go down the beach but there idea is a beach is englands idea of a waste site, wort beach i've ever seen, felt like i was in a 3rd world country.
Did a day trip to corfu town which i would strongly recommend.
All in all would go back to corfu but be prepared if you go to kavos to be in a DUMP because that is the only way to describe it!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Charlote B
Durham
Reviewed March 8, 2010

Stayed at the Chandris apartments with my partner to celebrate his 40th birthday. The Apartments were basic which we didn't mind but it would have been helpful to have a proper shower cubicle in the bathroom or the shower fitted to the wall - difficult to wash and hold the shower above your head. No problem with noise apart from our last day.

The staff at the apartments were nice including Graham and the guy who owned the supermarket close by which stocked just about everything. Shops, restaurants, bars and the beach were really close and the area was safe to walk about - Maria's Bar was definitely the place to go. Everyone was so nice. Food was available at the apartments which included all day breakfast for 2 euros.

Only downside of the holiday was the Thomas Cook reps - they were never around apart from when new people arrived and they wanted people to part with 160 euros for the trips etc. Booked 2 trips - school disco and cruise. School disco was rubbish - 'free bar' was just free spirits - don't bother complaining you don't get your money back. Cruise was cancelled because of the weather (it had been raining heavily during the night) and it was virtually impossible to track down the reps to get a refund - wasted a whole day waiting for the reps to come with our refund - they never turned up!

All in all I would recommend these apartments but if you book with Thomas Cook - don't book the events.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Welwyn
Reviewed August 22, 2009

I booked this holiday to coinside with my 25th wedding anniversary. It was therefore late in the season. Kavos, which is know to be a rather noisy resort, was therefore winding down and it was strangely quiet.

The hotel was lovely. The staff were very friendly and the kitchen facilities were excellent. The pool was a bit basic but the supermarket attached to the hotel was very well stocked.

The main drawback of this holiday was not with the hotel but possibly the location. The Kavos beach is rather poor: compressed dark sand and seaweed. There is a lovely beach about half an hour's walk away called Arkoudilas Beach. We went there most days and had it almost to ourself. But wherever we went wasps were a problem. There would almost always be between one and five of them buzzing around and we felt as if we had to be on our guard most of the time. We were told this was because it was grape season but i don't know if that is true.

Kavos is also a very long way from Corfu Town. It takes a few hours by bus and so is not a great location from which to explore the island.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TackyTiger
Scotland
Reviewed June 7, 2009

We stayed at the chandris apartments, started of I lost my wallet on the second day into my holliday containing all my money for two weeks, when I say my holliday I meen myself my wife, sister and brother in law, fortunaitly I found my wallet and all the money still intact, verry verry lucky, so we decided after the close shave we would use the appartment safety deposit box which is in the reception free of charge with 2 keys one you keep and a master which is kept at reception and you sign a book evey time you use it, verry safe we thought, 5th day into the hols I went with my sister to get some money out, we shared the box, we noticed right away the box was opened we had our money in seperate carrier bags which was tied in a knought, my sisters bag was opened and 1800 euros was missing which had been in side onother envelope inside the carrier bag passports were still there and £300 english money still there, my bag was still in tact with nothing missing, now call me stupid but wouldent all of it been taken for a quick get away. when we aproched the manager first reaction was we didnt lock the box properly now I did say there was 2 keys and when u lock it with the keys you have to pull the keys out now give me a break the door would have oppened when taking the keys out. we wanted the police involved they didnt they said it wouldnt do any good as the money was lost as I explaind in a pleasant [--] maner the money was [--] stolen got no where contacted the Thamas Cook rep got same storry eventually got his boss tried to tell me police wouldent do anything asked him to take me to police station 7 miles away he told us to get a taxi £15 each way I sad politly with what [--] monney, to cut a long storry short, short you say we got the police involved who were verry helpfull and apoligetic, more than the appartment manager and thomas cook reps. will never use thomas cook again or go to corfu kavos is a dump, thank god for Marias Famous bar. they treated us like family, in fact all of the local people there were the most friendliest people I have ever met. by the way we are in our fiftys but nothing to do during the day a ghost town.

2 Thank bbellis1951