Island Beach Resort
Quayside Village(Kavos)(Great Value!)
$23
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmain islandmain poolbad reviewsearly hoursfresh towelsend of seasongirls holidaybalcony doorwould recommend this hotel to anyonepool partiesrolling stonesfull moon partysandstormbamboodjquaddan
Reviewed October 8, 2012

First of all when you book a resort in Kavos from June to September its obvious its going to be noisy and full of 18 - 30's wanting to party so if this is not what you are after plan another holiday.

We stayed in the Party Hard Room Annexe paid £260 including flights each for the begining of July.

Booked flight with Ryan Air then Accomodation separate and transfer also, much cheaper this way if you want a decent holiday on a budget.

Arrival picked up at airport on time, was packed with people, straight on the coach soon as we got there we walked down the alley to the hotel there is limited light but its safe and we never felt at risk walking anywhere in Kavos.

Arrived at reception to the main resort where they took us for a free shot at the bar, gave us the low down, got our keys and got taken about a 5minute walk to the Party Hard Room Annexe, there is 2 blocks of hotels with swimming pool in the middle, night and quiet not many people around which you need after a hard night out partying. If you fancy somthing more lively walk over to the main pool area where there is banging tunes at all hours.

Walked into Apartments as you expect its a few wooden beds with mattresses, you get some cooking facilites but with subway and food very cheap there is no need to cook at the apartment. Fridge is big enough to get loads of drink in and the freezer takes a while but eventually works.

If your going any time after july make sure u pay the extra 40 euros for aircon, we didnt pay for it and instead bought vodka instead, bad idea wish we got it now, was so hot!

Cleaner comes when she feels like it, you dont spend hardly any time in the rooms at all, the annexe pool is 30 seconds from all the rooms, food is around the corner, you are on the strip, you can sleep at night with minimal noise.

Also Clubbing here goes on until well after 6AM in the morning at Atlantis which is at the beach, Quality holiday for anyone looking to book.

Been to a lot of resorts now including Magaluf, Malia, Zante, Ibiza and the location of this hotel and the nightlife was the best for me.

Room Tip: Bottom floor rooms are cooler as heat rises.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Jen D
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I have only one word to discribe the days we spend on the Island Beach Resort... PERFECT!!!!!!!
The place is really cool and the owners are amazing. Very helpfull and very funny persons. They made our stay really unforgetable. We had a room on the first floor. It was spacious and very clean. I loved the colours of the room. And the view from the room was really wonderfull. We were just above the swimming pool but we could also see the sea and the beach. We've stayed there for 2 weeks, me and my boyfriend and we will defently go back next year!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jessicaparton
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Where do I start, well the bar / pool is absolutely stunning. Food is very nice ( we ate there almost every day ) and the rooms are nice. I've never felt so welcome in a hotel befor , the family run business is awsome. 4 of us stayed at the hotel and none of us could falt it one bit nether could the other people who were staying at the same time.

I would happily stay again and we are next year so don't hesitate book this hotel and have a brilliant time !!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Samcharville
Reviewed September 14, 2012

So we arrived at the hotel and with another couple from our transfer we arrived at reception and handed over our booking and our pastports. The other couple then arrived didn't even have the correct stuff with them ie. they hadn't handed their booking confirmation over which the hotel needed to send back to the company you booked with. They then got taken to their room right away because they were staying in the main hotel they were made the priority. Us on the other hand had to wait 45 minuets for our room.We got sent to the bar area and told to wait and the receptionist would come get us in 10 mins when it was ready. We were just desperate to get into our room.

We booked a party hard room because it was a last minuet cheap holiday and we weren't planning on spending much time in the room, we knew it was going to be basic but we were pretty shocked by how basic it was. It was two beds with a pillow we had a lamp in our room which didn't work so we always had to have the main light on which was annoying at night. The bathroom was horrible. The bathroom mirror was smashed but sellotape was just placed over all the cracks, So you couldn't actually use it. The tiles on the floor were cracked and ther shower was a little sqaure bit on the floor with no curtain. You also had to hold the shower had as there is no holder for it. Also our building didn't have hot water !!!! No hot water to wash with so when you have been playing in the pool all day and wanted to wash the chlorine out your hair you had to stand under freezing cold water.

Me and my boyfriend went out the first night and got so drunk and just crashed when we got in, when we woke up I noticed that we both had little bug bite marks over us.. it was nothing like mosquito bites so we were so confused as to were they came from. That night still feeling hungover we decided to have an earlier sort of night and when going to bed noticed that there was bugs crawling on our sheets, I pulled back the sheets and there were bugs on the mattress, which I assume were bed bugs. I felt sick. We went to reception and at first the lady at reception didn't believe me she looked at me like I was stupid until I showed her the bite marks. She then moved us to another room for the night after me refusing to go back to that room until it had been cleaned out properly. The cleaners came round the next day cleaned our entire room and sprayed the mattresses. We were told that we couldn't get new mattresses and this would have to do. I put two sheets on the bed just so I had another layer between me and the mattress. For a few nights after that it was fine but then I woke up one night with and itching feeling and they were back I had bugs crawling on my legs. Nothing else could be done supposedly as all their other party hard rooms were full and they wouldn't move us to the main hotel. So I had to put up with the biting. I shook my sheets out every night and made sure there were none on my sheets when I went to bed.

However on the other side the bar area was nice... don't get bed and beakfast though the breakfast was just basically toast. You can have an awesome breakfast and most of the restaurants on the strip for a couple of euros. I have seen a lot of reviews saying the beach in kavos is generally dirty. When you stay at this hotel they own part of the beach and have a guy who keeps it clean. They have loungers and parasols to rent which are a couple of euros but you get a ticket to get a free bottle of water at the bar so you really spend 50 cents on a lounger.

I would have loved this holiday if we stayed at the main hotel but it was last minuet and didn't really have much time to look into it. But don't stay in the party hard rooms as they are not well kept and the hotel doesn't take much to do with them as it's not their main building.

Room Tip: Don't book the party hard rooms... stay at the main hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I have just returned from a 'lads' holiday' to Kavos. We booked the Island Beach Resort with Easyjet Holidays, expecting the fairly comfortable rooms advertised on the website. Imagine our surprise to be led, upon arrival at 3AM, out of Reception and the complex and up the Kavos strip, luggage in tow, to a group of apartments just off the strip. These were nothing like advertised.

The rooms were small, ugly and uncomfortable. The mosquito net covers on the windows were covered with large punctures. We were provided with no furniture bar the beds and two balcony chairs (between 4). The 'self catering area' comprised of a camping stove, a sink and a noisy fridge. The hotel advertises its proximity to the beach; the complex is on the beach, the apartments we were allocated were far from it.

One the first day there was no hot water, apparently the tank had run out. 2 days later the water for the entire block went off for a few hours just as we were getting ready to go out - no showers, no flushing toilets etc. Another night the power went down. The resort staff were disinterested and were clearly in no rush to sort these issues out.

I appreciate that Kavos is not a five star resort, nor was that the kind of holiday we wanted, but we expected some basic maid service: we were provided with one towel each at the start of the week and expected to keep these for the duration. Equally, the bed linen was never changed. The air conditioning unit cost 45 euros per week per room. Due to the heat we were happy to pay, but less happy to find that if the unit was blowing cold air it leaked water all over the room. The hotel's response was "don't put it below 23 degrees", which somewhat nullifies the use of having aircon.

The pool area, back on the complex, is attractive admittedly but the bar insists on playing bad remixes of songs loudly from 8:30 am. This is not what anyone needs with a hangover. Around the pool, our rep introduced himself before getting right down to his main occupation of earning his commission by flogging event tickets with what could only be described as severe false advertising.

There are many good points to Kavos, but we found that very few of them were at the Island Beach. My advise, contrary to a lot of the other reviews that we trusted, is go somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends