Upon arrival, we were greeted with a non-unformed gentleman behind the reception counter, he gave us our key and directions to our room, we were informed of a 70 Euro charge for air-conditioning and a safe.. You'll need some sort of air ventilation, I know there is air con to be bought, but HOLD on, do not pay it.. We rented a quad for the day (20 euros), and found an electrical store out of town, who sold us a huge, good fan for 20 euros. Try sneak it around the back though, and hide it when the cleaners come as apparently they go mad - one of many examples of poor customer service.
The rooms are fairly clean, and the maids come into the room whilst you are asleep, and start cleaning around you..(they should definitely asked if they should come back later).The cleaners do not even clean they should be called bin men, all they do is empty the bins and brush the floor. and do a poor job of it. The bathroom does not have ventilation so be prepared to shower with the window open, and the floor is always so wet and damp - quite disgusting! The towels were only changed once within our weeks stay... But to add salt in the wound, when I went into reception, I was flagged up and told we owed 20 euros AS THERE WAS A SMALL MARK ON THE TOWEL. We also found BLOOD on our pillows, mould on walls, and used socks on wardrobes etc. Also, do not leave any food lying around on the floor, such as crumbs, because the ants WILL find it, and they come in huge packs.
The general facilities of the room are adequate, however, please do buy some bug spray, as the mosquitoes and wasps are ENDLESS.
The poolside is quite clean and tidy, and there are always spare sunbeds. Be prepared to be charged a 2.40 euros for a umbrella and sun lounge mat - per day, per bed.
The restaurant sells good food, fairly priced, but the drinks are not.. 2.50 for can of coke.
BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE, TERRIBLE EVEN.. see below
- If you want to bring your own food and drink down to the poolside, do not; because a lady from the restaurant called PENNY will literally CHARGE over and SHOUT (yes, shout) at you, in front of everyone, and DEMAND that you go to the reception and pay a 500 euro fine.. This one lad said no, and she kept coming back every 5 minutes and persisting... But hang on, here's the best bit... You are not allowed to bring drinks or food, EVEN FROM THEIR OWN MINI SHOP! - So, if you bought a can of coke for a euro from there on site shop, you'd be told to take it back to your room/pay a massive fine, and instead, BUY THE SAME THING FROM THE BAR FOR 2.50???? Its like, WHAT?!?!?! You can tell this country (Greece) is going bust, they will rob you at any point.
- One morning, we thought we'd go to the restaurant from breakfast, and we ignored when asking if they were still serving.. Eventually, after the second time of asking, we were told that they were only cooking bacon and sausages.. No thanks, I'll go down the hill...
- Nobody manning the reception, sometimes you'd have to wait a few minutes until someone turned up..
- RIDICULOUS CHARGES, see the picture I've added... It'll put you right off, and it is not just a threat, they WILL charge you.
Finally, please note that the hill walking down the strip is unlit and at some points dangerous, always walk in groups and try not to take hang bags out etc.. Also, stick to one side as cars come flying round the corners... Note that the mini market it also expensive, open till around 11ish at night.
Overall, an below par hotel, I would put it in the same league as the post office for customer service.. (awful). Hotel is good for what most people are there for.. But please mind the trip wires (fines etc)..
Places to go: JC's Bar, Pulse for food, Crash bar for some pumping music.
If you are thinking of coming to Kavos, scrap the idea, go to Magaluf for a party holiday.. Or for a relaxing holiday, go to the Algarve, on south of France or something.. Believe me.
Hope you benefit from the review.
Thanks :) Harry (Stayed between 7th and 15th September with my girlfriend)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Olympion Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Olympion Village Studios & Apartments Hotel Kavos
- Olympion Village Studios And Apartments
- Olympion Village Kavos, Corfu