“cant believe some reviews!!”
Review of Oula Maisonettes

and 1 more site!
Oula Maisonettes
Ranked #1 of 63 Specialty Lodging in Kavos
Reviewed June 13, 2012

just got back from the oula on monday(11th june)+pleased i never listened to the negative reviews.yeah ok the rooms arent hilton class,but what do people want for the price they charge.the kitchen was ok,the rooms a bit cramped,but at the end of the day,surely in such a fantastic country why would you want to stay in your room?,ok theres lots of creepie crawlies+mosies are a problem,take some jungle fever for heavens sake,i did+came back without 1 bite,dont know what people expect in such a hot place.this is the best time of year to go before the teenagers hit if you want a quiet holiday,staff were lovely,including the nigt security guard who will serve you drinks as long as you want,just as long as you keep the noise down+arent drunk,which is fair enough.the hotel is very peacefull on a night as they wont play music after 11.the food is good+cheap+local lagers 2euro a pint(same as the strip)+i was getting 2 v+tonic for 5 euro,surely no one can complain at that.the strip is about 10mins walk away+dimly lit but had no problems walking home sometimes at 2 in the morning.i can only say that i had a fab holiday+im pleased i ignored the negative reviews.the gardens are gorgeous+the swimming pool was nice+clean(oh + didnt turn my cossie green!!).we will definately be going back to the oula,only make sure its the right time of year

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank supamac59

Reviewed September 13, 2011

Me and four of my friends stayed at this resort last week. (5/9/11-12/9/11) We didn’t expect much as we didn’t pay much, but by the end of the week things had worsened. We noticed on the first night that it was a really long walk to the strip, and also a very dangerous walk as there were no street lights, and this was proved true as on the Wednesday night we nearly got mugged as two men tried to steal our bags, because it was dark we didn’t see their faces, I would recommend if your going as a group of friends for a mad week, stay somewhere closer to the strip and NOT to walk back to this resort alone. When you arrive they offer you to pay 10 euros for a safe in the room, TAKE IT, as we would NOT trust the staff at all. I lost a pair of converse, I had made sure that I kept them in the same place all week, because I wore them to arrive, and was planning on wearing them to get home, but whilst I was packing on the last night I noticed they where NOWHERE to be seen, and I mean nowhere, I searched everywhere, even the cooker!! When I told reception whilst leaving, the lady (a blonde woman called Maria) told me that it was my fault for basically leaving my stuff around and I should have told them straight away. When I suggested that the cleaners might have stolen them, she said ‘No, cleaners might steal money, camera or phone, but no shoes’ which was suggesting that the cleaners DO steal stuff as it’s a bit suspicious as the cleaners are let into the room everyday but nothing gets done, all they do is fold up your bed sheets and nothing else, not even change the bins, NOTHING. Also we were made to pay 5 euros for ‘a broken panel on the bed’ which we couldn’t find, but if we didn’t pay they would call the police. Make sure you sign the form they give you on the first day to make sure that there are no damages at the start of the week. They try and charge you for everything, you get hand towels each, which is useless, and their changed once a week, they don’t give you toilet roll, your expected to buy it in the supermarket that is located there and there wasn’t any toilet roll in the public toilet that was there. You’re also expected to pay for the use of the air-con, which we found ridiculous. The sheets are changed once a week even though it was obvious that one of my friends had been sick on the sheets they didn’t change it (we were lucky we weren’t charged!!) There aren’t really cleaning facilities event though it’s self-catered! You have to hold the shower head for a shower, and it’s not the best. If you’re not a fan of insects, BEWERE, the wasps are HUGE and you’re going to be covered in bites! Also your expected to give your room key when going out, which is fair enough as you could end up loosing it and paying god knows how much, but I wouldn’t really trust the staff to look after it! – RANT OVER. P.s your hair/swimwear might turn yellow because of the pool.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lisa W
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I dont know why so many people complained and said how bad it was, the hotel was fine, as long as you are reasonable and dont come back really noisy and disturb others it is fine. I was abit of a party animal and went out every night and got up early and everything was fine, the only thing I will mention is that 2 out of 3 beds were broken, so be sure to check underneaths of the bed, and the cooking equipment was very basic. The hotel food is nice, no problems at all. Friendly staff and holiday reps, there was only one rep who i wasnt fond of because he tells people your business which I dont think is professional. Overall very good holiday and will definately be back, just maybe not in the same hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you are out of the room by the time provided if you want the maids to clean them!
3  Thank rachelouise1993
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Got back from the oula on the 22nd,after a weeks stay . it was a last minute holiday,after booking it ,i read the reviews on here and thought omg what have i done. We arrived late evening,firstly the staff were very friendly, they personally showed us to our room which wasnt bad,basic,but everything we needed.[after all its not home and when on holiday who wants to stay in your room all the time] .secondly our maid cleaned our room every day ,clean towels every other day. For all the girlies who stay here take a hairdryer as the ones they have arnt very powerful. The bar staff were lovely ,very friendly ,the food at the oula was good ,my son thought the spag carbonara was one of the best hed ever had. We went out to eat most nights and i couldnt believe how cheap it was, 9 euros for a 3 course meal [the best resturants were in the mini strip] i just cant believe people have moaned on here about being ripped off with the drinks,you cant get dinner out back home for that money, so if you dont like the price of the drinks ,have water. although i didnt find the drinks expencive.. we went on 2 trips aqua land, very good,BUT took 2 hours to get there,[after all the pickups] but an enjoyable day when we arrived . and the blue lagoon ,which was lovely ,we even had the dolphins swimming along side the boat.All in all our stay at the oula was very nice,the swimming pool the rooms ,staff were great , there is a problem with mozi,s ,but you MUST keep your doors and windows shut and dont smouther yourselfs in aftersun lotion or any other perfumes products, thats just inviting them for dinner . Would stay at the oula again? yes if i was to go back to kavos. .oh and apprently as the staff told us the first 2 weeks in aug every year is full of youngsters wanting to party, so if you going out as a famliy ,stay clear. LASTLY our rep Miky was there every day to help out with any problems , we told him about all the bad reviews on here, like he said if people have a problems oh moaned about different things ,then they will slate it ,but the people who have a good time go home happy and dont bother to write on here.... like i said before SOME PEOPLE ARE NEVER HAPPY ...

2  Thank liza w
Reviewed September 3, 2011

After reading the bad reviews for these apartments lets say I had quite a few reservations . Thankfully they soon disapeared when we arrived . I went here with my 11 year old daughter as a last minute 2 week holiday .
On arrival the staff were very polite and friendly when showing us to our room ,the grounds are lovely and picturesque .
The room is basic but if all you need is a place to crash its ideal .The rooms have all the self catering equpment needed not that i used them lol.There is even a flat screen tv on the wall, with a few english speaking channels. Yes you have to pay for the air conditioning , which i did, but so glad i did as it was so hot ,( 110euro for 2 weeks) .
The pool area has a bar which also serves food , I recommend the breakfasts they set you up for the day . All the food they served was of good quality.
There was always plenty of sunbeds round the pool too and music played all day long.
The Oula was in the perfect position for me and my daughter as it is set back from all main roads and just far enough away from the main strip of Kavos , if you follow the road out of the complex and go straight it takes less than 5 minutes to get to the mini strip .
In Kavos its self there are plenty of bars and restraunts to eat and drink .
Over all for a self catering complex I have no complaints you pay for what you get and I have stayed in worse 5 star all inclusive hotels , I would definately return .

3  Thank curiousclair
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Firstly may I say "This is Greece we are talking about" to all of those complaints regarding Mossies and giant wasps. The rooms are basic (I refer you to my earlier comment). The staff are all the most polite and helpful you could hope for, particularly Fortis, Costas and Ellie.
The rooms were cleaned daily by a great team, they even try and do your washing up. The only downside to cleanliness is that you only get one set of (hand) towels and sheets, these are changed once if you stay for 2 weeks.
The gardens are beautiful and the pool is great, even the bar prices are reasonable at £2 per pint or £1 9pm - 11pm 5 days a week.
My wife and I were really worried after reading the reviews on here but I can honestly say we had a great experience and your holiday is what you make of it. If you behave like a lout and destroy property, can you blame the locals for having a bad attitude towards you? We certainly saw no one being charged for breakages and there was a great variety of people staying, groups of lads & lasses, families, couples and elderly.
I do agree that £60 per week is a fortune for Air Con, we managed to sleep just fine without it, if a little sweaty...
The beach is only 10 minutes walk away and the start of Kavos a little longer.
Honestly, if you have booked the Oula I am certain you will enjoy your holiday (as long as you know you are going to Kavos!)
Yamas

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank J B
Reviewed August 27, 2011

I have just got back from a week stay at the oula, I went with my friend. The rooms were basic but a lot better then we expected after reading all the reviews people have wrote. The rooms had everything we needed and the complex was lovely. It is located just off main strip so its a 10-15min walk down, which suited us as the strip is very noisy all night! The only downfall was that our sheets or towels wasn't changed during our stay. The staff are really friendly and polite and will help you as much as they can. Kavos is a great place and we really enjoyed ourselves and was pleasently surprised at how nice the oula was. We booked through Olympic holidays and the reps made our holiday, they were all lovely and I would recamend the bar crawls and booze cruise.

• Stayed: August 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kavos
Mediterranean Blue Resort
#10 of 13 in Kavos
Olive Grove Resort
Olive Grove Resort
#9 of 63 in Kavos

Been to Oula Maisonettes? Share your experiences!