Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from $3.50
from $214.00
from $150.00
1,004 results
All reviews unique house minute walk clay house nooks and crannies house built unique place entrance fee walk around worth a visit guided tour architect gaudi mosaics imagination decoration art creative
Selected filters
Reviewed April 1, 2019

I wish my daughter was here with me when she was little. This is excellent for kids
to roam and discover. It takes a lot of imagination to build this fantastic building.
This is like Alice in Wonderland. I had a bit of difficulty getting there as I had to pass by a house that had 2 dogs barking madly at me. I hitched hike a vehicle to get me there.
I do not regret doing so.

Reviewed March 21, 2019 via mobile

It's certainly original with lots of unusual features and probably has lots of appeal to children with all its nooks and crannies and roof terraces. But as to architectural merit, unless you are a fan of Gaudi (Sagrada Familia) you may not be very impressed.

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed March 19, 2019

The creator certainly had a vision in his mind when he built this. A very interesting tour of a very eclectic engineer.

Reviewed February 27, 2019

Great structure made of clay and with quirkiness at every turn. Spent an hour here and with a good guide is well worth it (we didn't have a good guide). Its a bit like the alien bar in Star Wars for those fanatics.

1  Thank John D
Reviewed February 8, 2019 via mobile

I won't go on too much about this Villa De Leyva curiosity, other than to say it is one of the most unusual, most extraordinary houses I've ever seen. Its like a house built by the son of Gaudi, decorated by the daughter of Picasso, designed by Salvador Dali and based on a dream by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. A must see attraction hidden away on a dirt road about 30 Minutes walk out of town. Wow!

Date of experience: January 2019