“A precious gem of a restaurant”

Tierra Buena Casa Quintero
Ranked #53 of 224 Restaurants in Villa de Leyva
Cuisines: Colombian
Description: From all our memories, from the flavours of our local markets. With ingredients that we love, but sometimes we forgot how to use.Tierra Buena invites you to discover a few dishes of our own. It is not typical but, it is our’s. It is the new colombian taste fussion.
Reviewed June 2, 2017 via mobile

If you are new to Colombia or even if you are Colombian and you want to experience the real sopas created with historical accuracy and which are marvelously delicious, you must eat here! All the food here (example: fish Risotto)is amazing and my only regret is that I did not have a week to tour Tina's entire menu. Her rice pudding was exquisite! I will always eat here when in Villa!!

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed April 17, 2017

I have traveled in many countries and by far the best meal I have had in yeas was here. The Steak was tender and melted in your mouth. they have a local cheese which is delightful. This is a must stop to have a fine meal. The owner was friendly and assisted the server in delivering the meal.

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank Richard G
Reviewed March 5, 2017

I stopped by here for a late lunch, I was hungry for trout. There are several restaurants within Casa Quintero, this one has great patio seating plus indoor seating, handy in rainy weather. The food was not fancy, just delicious eating.

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank CFEIII
Reviewed January 21, 2017

Been there twice and my favorite so far is the Vegetable Soup. It is full of flavor, herbs and I don't know how many delicious types of vegetables they put to make a wholesome meal!! It is a small restaurant in Casa Quintero and the owner is always there. The service was good and it didn't take much on both occasions that we went for lunch. Also we tried fruit juices, lemonade, and some fried plantains for appetizer with hogao and they were very good!! I'd love to go back to try more soups and dishes because I like this restaurant very much :-) The tomato soup or Tomato Ajiaco, like they call it, is a very nice idea but it is a bit strong the flavor of the tomato and could be a little thicker.

Date of visit: January 2017
1  Thank Milclau
Reviewed January 14, 2017

We came here based on the TripAdviser reviews and were disappointed. The patacones (fried platanos) were tough and lacked flavor and the tomato salsa that came with the platanos had gone bad. The soup was good, but not great. The ginger limonade was full of floating chunks of ginger and mint that were not totally incorporated, which made the texture not so pleasant to drink. For food that is so meh, the price was very high. There is much better comida tipica at more reasonable prices in many a small sidewalk restaurant in Colombia.

Date of visit: December 2016