“Worst meal in Columbia.”
Review of Amaranta Cocina

Amaranta Cocina
Cuisines: Colombian, Contemporary, Cafe
Description: International food made with local products. Vegan options. The restaurant is inside a colonial patio of Hotel Plazuela de San Agustin, located in the Antonio Ricaurte square.
Reviewed April 16, 2019

Worst meal I have had in Columbia. Very poorly cooked and presented. Who batters and deep fries a trout fillet. My partners Veggie burger was tasteless mush. Entire menu is overpriced and very disappointing in comparison to the decor.

Date of visit: April 2019
simonjU4991IT, Owner at Amaranta Cocina, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2019

HI,

I am really sorry that you have a bad experience with us. We hope if you return that we can make up to you.

Its Colombia, not Columbia.

Reviewed April 12, 2019 via mobile

We ordered the longaniza and steak which were recommended by our waitress- food was delicious and service was excellent - we really enjoyed our meal here - best restaurant in the area

Date of visit: April 2019
R1899SQsimonj, Owner at Amaranta Cocina, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2019

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your review!! The longaniza and the steak are great choice. Thanks a lot for rating Amaranta as the best restaurant in the area.

Reviewed March 19, 2019

This restaurant came highly recommended. Walking in through the stylish colonial house entrance into the pretty outdoor courtyard I thought that it would be beyond my budget. I was pleasantly surprised to discover the very reasonable prices and good vegetarian selections. The staff are friendly, genuinely eager to ensure that you enjoy the food and enjoy your experience. The ambiance is lovely.

My vegeburger was delicious and, unusually, very interesting, made with with quinoa, amaranth and topped with guacamole, piled inside an artisan bread roll, accompanied by crispy sautéed potatoes and a salsa... very filling! All washed down with a delicious juice.

I am looking forward to returning before I leave this lovely town and would have eaten there every day if it wasn’t closed on Mondays and Tuesdays!

Date of visit: March 2019
simonjU4991IT, Owner at Amaranta Cocina, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2019

Hello Anna,

Thanks a lot for your comment. When I knew this place I have the same feeling and one of my main goals was to have a good place to eat, with fair prices and great service. I am glad that we are achieving our goal, special thanks and recognition to the team who are the one that makes the magic happen.

I also love the veggie burger, from my point of view, it's one of the best in Colombia.

Hope to see you before you return to your country.

Reviewed March 9, 2019 via mobile

Good place, very nice and welcoming waiters. The food is good. Special mention to the veggie burger.

Date of visit: March 2019
simonjU4991IT, Owner at Amaranta Cocina, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2019

Hi Guillaume,

Thanks a lot for your kind words I will let the waiters know your comments. I agree with you, veggie burger is great!!

All the best.

Reviewed March 9, 2019 via mobile

Had an amazing time here, good food, food wine, and even better ambiance. Definately a place I recommend!

Hi Rachelle,

Thanks a lot for your comment. We are pleased that you could have a great time in our place.

All the best.