See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 19, 2018

This is a very good hotel, a lovely colonial building, in a side street a short walk from the main square. My room was large, the bed very comfortable, clean and everything worked, with a large and very modern bathroom, on the first floor overlooking the street outside. It was noisy in the morning from about 7am because of the vicinity to a school and the schoolchildren walking past to get there and also a bit in the evening. Other rooms away from the street would not be so noisy.
Breakfast was fruit and eggs as you want them.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 21, 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel for a small getaway with my girlfriend and I enjoyed the stay. The hotel facilities are very clean, spa area is great and the bed was super comfortable. It may be a little pricy, but the staff have a great attitude and its closeness to the Main Square is a plus. I would stay here again.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank hugovallec
Reviewed March 12, 2018

The room was dirty (we spilt water on the floor, mopped it up with a towel and the towel was black with dirt!). The bathroom hadn't been cleaned either (the previous occupants dirty soap and empty shampoo bottle was still in the shower). You only get one towel each and they were thin and old. There was only 2 power sockets and these were both in the bathroom over the sink. We had to ask for a shower mat (we didn't want to put clean feet on to a dirty floor) but that was difficult as no one speaks any English.
You have to run the hot water for a few minutes and if you are lucky it might come out warm. One morning we had no water coming out of either the shower or the sink tap.
Our room had a TV and good Wi-Fi. We also had a balcony. The bathroom had a small bar of soap and a tiny bottle of shampoo (enough for one hair wash).
The breakfast was poor - a fruit plate of a few pieces of pineapple and melon. You can then have a fried egg or an omelette (with or without cheese). There was then stale rolls, butter and jam. There was a choice of tea or coffee.
My friend had her Rayban sunglasses stolen from the room and the couple in the room next door had a large amount of money stolen from the room. There are no safes in the room.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed February 3, 2018 via mobile

We arrived on Jan, so the town was not as busy. The hotel main core is its service and the people behind the scenes, ready to help you and willing to make your stay comfortable,
We had the privilege of meeting the manager Ms Olga Lucia, and she was very knowledgeable and with the will power to accommodate our needs, really a great Manager.
The location and the parking are also a plus, the food prepared to us was good and the front desk kept us busy with activities, and found tours for all of us.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2017 via mobile

I have traveled to many places and always i am amazed by the people. My experience at this hotel was unpleasant. My nephew left his electric toothbrush and when we called the day after we left we were told that they will call us back , however 5 hours later nobody called us. I called again and spoke with Olga Lucia and her respond was you didn't leave anything and started screaming. I can pass that the rooms are not perfect, breakfast is very disappointing, we asked for coffee three times until my husband got up and served from the lobby . We can live and understand but when the altitude is not respectul this is not acceptable. Try to avoid this hotel , we had 3 rooms, fares between Usd 100 to Use 180, so this is not acceptable. I expect that the manager reads my complain and respond to me. I asked Olga Lucia for his email address and she refused to give it to me. Travelers I know is important to have a nice place to stay and if the hotel doesn't want to address those things first is not an option to stay in Villa de Leyva.

Date of stay: December 2017