$78
$81
$107
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Villas de San Sebastian(Villavicencio)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgolf coursebeautiful hotelcommon areastennis courtspool areaadministration
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

To be fair, the hotel has all the potential to be awesome. Surrounded by well groomed golf courses, 3 pools, 1 with a "bar" in it.
But...
-The service is absolutely horrible. The waiters have no imagination, no common sense, no... Everything. Every time I ordered a beer at the pool (or for that matter ordered anything at the pool), the guy took at least 20/30 minutes (the hotel being empty as it was during week days) and today being Saturday (and a long weekend) 40/50 minutes. Not only that, but the weather is 90 degrees, bring out the drinks in an ice bucket, but NO!! Had to tell him that every time!!
- The room corridors are never lit, who knows when they turn on the lights.
- My second day was even better, the hotel did not have water... yes water, as in to bathe or go to the bathroom or wash your hands. When I say all day it was from 11am until 7pm. (tomorrow when I check out I will not pay for that night). The least you need for every basic need is WATER!! I really don't care if a pipe bursts, this is not my problem, not only that I am paying handsomely to stay here.
- Yesterday night, Friday night, my GF and I wanted a drink, guess what? The bar was closed... we are talking about 10pm on a Friday.
- Room upkeep, what???? No trash was removed from the room, the towels were not freshened.

This should give you an idea. BTW I live in Colombia, and there are wonderful places to stay at, this is not one of them, and they charge over $200 bucks per night. Ohhh and one last thing, the food is horrendous, 5 star prices, for 1 star taste.

Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Gianmaria B
CarlosSierraE, E-Commerce at Wyndham Garden Villavicencio, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Gianmaria B,

Thank you for your feedback, which always help us to improve.

We present our most sincere apologies for all the issues presented during your stay.

I can assure you that your feedback has been reviewed by the administration of the Hotel and I want to inform you we are currently implementing all the changes needed in order to perform an impeccable service.

Again, thank you very much for taking the time to tell us your experience.

Kindest Regards,
Wyndham Garden Villavicencio Team

Reviewed July 1, 2013

From the check in to check out it was a horrible experince. From the service in the lobby to the rooms, dirty, hot, no hot or warm water. To the so called state of the art gym, not! It was hot and we work-out so after we filled up our water bottles well the next day they removed the water dispenser....wow! I coundnt believe it. The breakfast was nasty. I have stayed many times in 5 stars hotel, with compliment water and other stuff. This ain't no 5 star hotel, pool water was merky and green yuck! and with no towels. I can go on and on......just stay away!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank E M
LuisJorgeJimenez, E-Commerce at Wyndham Garden Villavicencio, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear E M,

We have taken all your comments and we are now working on improve that. Thank you for spending your time telling us your experience. That kind of comments help us to fix every detail in our service.

Sincerely;

Wyndham Garden Villavicencio Team.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

It is not really a good Wyndham brand hotel, definetely overpriced some little things you may know:

- Reception attention time in checkin bad, in checkout is really worst.
- If you hate the Card key system to enable the energy into the room, please do not choose this hotel.
- Tower enters are always wet, if you like secure zones, probably it is not the good place.
- The doors must be closed very hard and in some cases the bar is locked and do not let close the door when you go out.
- The food in restaurant is not bad but it is 3 star hotel food. This region only has meat as the only good meal to eat.
- The beds are very narrow and very short (not recommend for tall people.
- Some guest hates this, blankets are tied to the bed.
- If you are driving you probably will get lost before get there, the GPS does not have this hotel in database and the exit to the path to the hotel is hard to find it, Wyndham put some ads before the exit but those are not clear.
- I don´t suggest to go by ground, a lot of tank trucks in very dangerous ways, and the truck drivers do not respect any traffic rules.

Room Tip: there are towers from the A to M, A to D are nearby the pool and restaurant, I recommend to choose first floor, the towers do not have elevators! There is nothing to see from the rooms so don´t worry about that.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Edy M,

We apologize due to all little things you took in our hotel, we are going to review and work hard to improve each one related to the service and infrastructure. Thank you for spending time telling us what are the things you think we have to change.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed for a night.
Spectacular view from the rooms's balcony. The window was broken, the bathroom had a hole in the wall and towel hangers were rusted. We could hear absolutely everything happening in the room next door.
Pools's furniture all in plastic.
Went for dinner when the restaurant was not even half full. Had to wait 25 minutes for a lemonade and a beer and 55 minutes for hot appetizers. Terrible service: the general hotel's chain general manager, besides many other people, approached us to get to know the situation and there was nothing he could do about it. Same situation with the guy behind us and the table in front, received an undercooked (rare would be harsh!) chicken.
Breakfast buffet was no big deal, fruit, one type of cheese, soup (caldo), eggs, bread, calentado, and juice.
Price is way out of range when compared to what you really get (and I had a 50% off coupon applied!!)

I do not recommend, not worth it.

Room Tip: None, all the rooms are the same. It is a shame as the view is beautiful.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Stephanie V,

We apologize due to the things you had in our hotel, we have had meetings to avoid that kind of things specially when we have higher occupation. Thank you for spending time telling us what are the things we have to improve, we can assure that we are going to take action in each one.

Sincerely;

Wyndham Garden Villavicencio Team.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I chose this hotel due to the reviews on here and especially because of the positive remarks about the pool. We arrived on a Monday after Semana Santa (Holy Week) the pool was filthy. We were told the water was being treated because they had 600 guests and would be open the following day at 9am. The next day the pool was still being cleaned and the brown residue was slowly being removed, again we were told it would be complete by the next day(wed) at 9am. Villa is hot and a swimming pool is essential so the first two days were a wash- we had nothing to do. The workout room had no a/c running and the only other activity was pool tables or the ping pong table. The other family who was there had two young children and the mother was also frustrated because her kids couldn't swim. She literally strolled the baby around the hotel and her son rode his bike! We had problems with the hot water in our room. It wasn't working so we were promptly moved but to a room with a broken blind and a tub that didn't drain well. The hot water in faucet didn't work in that room either. The food at this hotel is by far the most bland and milky one could make- the best meal is breakfast, but how could that be ruined? Definitely not worth the $$ they charge and every other thing I tried to order they did not have. SMH. When the pool finally opened the day before we were leaving it still had some brown areas on the bottom. I'm not sure if the staff thought they could slack off because they only had a handful of guests but a hotel that's supposed to be better than a motel 6 should at least treat all their guests well regardless if you are one of many or a few. To top the whole experience off the water in our room stopped working the day we were leaving! My daughter left her most beloved possession a stuffed animal and I've called immediately the same day we left to find out if they found it and to have it returned. No on has called me and my daughter is heartbroken. She had the stuffed animal for 10 years. We had more issues but I think I've made my point. I was sadly disappointed about everything at this hotel except for a small handful of staff who did their job and then some-Romiro and Leonado to name a couple. Next time I return to Colombia I will not return to Wyndham and likely will not try any other Wyndham property in the future.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank lili5110
LuisJorgeJimenez, E-Commerce at Wyndham Garden Villavicencio, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear lili5110:

Firstly, We would like to apologize due to your experience at Wyndham Garden Villavicencio, thank you for spending time telling us your problems.

For all maintenance things, we have an infrastructure plan, it has been developed and we hope it could be finished as soon as possible. (it includes hot water, pipes, tv problems)

We have reviewed all swimming pool and food and beverage processes where we found some fails that we are going to fix it through training, the main objective of that is to avoid that kind of problems also it will help us to improve our procedures.

Finally, to send you your daughter stuffed duck. We have written you to confirm us your address to send it.

We would like to invite you to give us another opportunity to compensate our weaknesses.

Yours Faithfully,