“Very Disappointed”
Review of Bervie

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Keel
Bervie
Ranked #2 of 12 Keel B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My partner and I stayed in Bervie in September 2012 for one night. We would have stayed longer if we hadn't been give such a small room which we found really uncomfortable. This was partly my own fault as on arrival the owner , who was very pleasant and helpful, offered to show me the accommodation available. I briefly looked at the room on offer and thought it would be fine as I was under the impression it was the only accommodation left. We spent a sleepless night in very cramped conditions - the bed was up against the wall on one side and there was no room for a bed side table. This meant that you had to climb over your partner to get out of bed to access the loo. I feel the room we were given would make an pleasant single but should certainly not be used as a double. The next morning I had a look round and there were at least two other rooms, one of which was adjacent to ours, which were vacant. I found this disappointing as I was not offered these and they were much more spacious and appealing. On arrival I had admitted to the owner that I was a smoker and that it would be great if I had easy access to outside so perhaps this influenced her offer of accommodation but there was a double room vacant besides us which had the same access.

Bervie is set in stunning surroundings and offers direct access on to the beach. Keel strand is truly beautiful and offers breathtaking views. I don't want to give the impression that this accommodation isn't lovely because bervie is beautiful - the dining room, residents lounge and conservatory are very comfortable, clean and welcoming. The owner was very friendly and pleasant and our breakfast was excellent. I just felt a bit cheated by our poor accommodation which detracted from all the positive aspects of the place. It is well worth a visit but be more careful than I was when selecting a room. I have read the other reviews and I do agree with most of what is said as it is a lovely place set in stunning surroundings - I think we were just unlucky but I would like to think the owners might find this review helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sarah1026

Reviewed October 28, 2012

my name is tom Maher from kilkenny.. myself and my partner stayed in bervie b&b on October 27th.. incredible food.. service second to none.. rooms 5star.. can't say enough about it.. can't wait to go back next yr when they open again.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank kilkenny33
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My wife and I picked the Bervie six months before our trip and not only were our high expectations met, but they were exceeded. Great location right on the beach, clean, well maintained rooms, and the ensuite facilities were some of the best we experienced in Ireland. Elizabeth and John were friendly and welcoming. And we lucked out. We got there right after a family anniversary party and were served cake and shortbread with our tea! I loved all of the art work on display in the house. Would that my house looked a quarter that good! The sun room is delightful. We sat there for about 4 hours the first night chatting with a new found friend. I hope that we make it back some day.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Brian M
john b, Owner at Bervie, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

BERVIE CALLING
Dear Brian
hope you are both well.
thank you very much for your great review.
it is much appreciated.
hope you both have a great winter.
look forward to seeing you again sometime.
stay happy.
John and Liz

Reviewed October 16, 2012

John and Elizabeth will make your stay the most pleasant you've every had! Not to mention The Bervie is charming and right on the beach! Keel is a lovely little town and the opportunities for walking are endless. We ate dinner there and James is an incredible chef. The food was superb. Our breakfast was also wonderful, cooked by John. I can't say enough great things about our stay here. It's a must on anyone's itinerary. We will definitely be returning for alonger stay!

Room Tip: Ask for room with water view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tandyjo_2000
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Not sure that I can say more than has already been said, all of which is so true! This is a lovely spot and I adored Elizabeth. She was so sweet, energetic and hospitable, so visibly interested in making one feel at home. Did not have the chance to have dinner, but did enjoy one of her great breakfasts. It was just delicious! Loved all the windows in the common rooms and being able to just walk out onto the beach. All in all, a superb place to stay and wish I had been able to linger more than one night!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Madeit2Ireland
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We really enjoyed our two day trip here. Excellent hosts, great breakfast and fabulous location to a wonderful beach - I went swimming there, what a setting!
The B&B had actually more atmosphere than it appears on the website. The room we had was a bit small but the wonderful cosy lounge made up for it.
Highly recommended. If you go to Achill make sure you hike up to see the highest cliffs in Europe!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank condublin
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We have just returned from our annual stay at Bervie. We keep going back and the reason is simple: customer satisfaction. Bervie is located in a beautiful setting, the staff take pride in serving you, the cuisine both at breakfast-time and at dinner is superb and all freshly cooked, the accommodation in all aspects is of the highest standard and your hosts Elizabeth & John are perfectionists at ensuring you enjoy your stay. Sean & Bridie Griffin. Dublin

Room Tip: Make your booking directly with The Bervie
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keel
Ferndale Luxury Bed and Breakfast
#6 of 27 in Achill Island
Teach Cruachan
Teach Cruachan
#5 of 27 in Achill Island

Been to Bervie? Share your experiences!