“Nice place for a coffee”
Review of The Beehive

The Beehive
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Keel
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

The beehive is great if you need to rest and relax while visiting Achill. I don't think the prices are way over the top but just a little above the norm. I love to pop in get a coffee sit outside and just enjoy the views that are well worth paying a little extra for.

1  Thank ArmaghIrish

Reviewed January 6, 2013

On our trips to Achill Island, we have eaten here twice, usually for tea and a dessert item. Although the food has been good, I would have to agree with others that it is way overpriced. The desserts are not unusual or expensive to make, so I am not sure why the prices are high. If you want a snack, fine, but be prepared to pay more than expected.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The last time I went to the Beehive was end of September and it was the only place open in the afternoon for coffee and cake. My parents were over for a visit from Germany and they've seen a lot of the island and had coffee in plenty of places all over the country and they were shocked how expensive a simple cup of coffee was. We had cake as well and it was very average, dry and not the biggest slices. I had ice cream and it was covered in little ice crystals.
This was however not my first visit to the Beehive, this year in March I was there on a warm sunny day sitting outside with a lovely cup of ice cream and loved it. Didn't have coffee or cake so didn't notice the high prices.
The general setting is nice, it's basically eating in a crafts shop, one can see the ocean and cliffs from the terrace.

1  Thank CorkFood_Lover
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I had lunch at the Beehive...the food was delicious, but quite expensive for what it was. It was cold in the dining room, which when thinking of a coffee shop/bistro, you think warm...not the case.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We had lunch here one day. The food was fine but the cost of it was crazy. The crab salad was expensive for what I got, there was so little crab in.

1  Thank Louise M