“At last a year round excellent restaurant in Achill”
Review of Bayside Bistro

Bayside Bistro
Ranked #3 of 4 Restaurants in Keel
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Family friendly restaurant with scenic views in the heart of village of Keel, Achill Island.
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Love the food, and the service. Delighted they are open all year round. Fish is always excellent and menu is as good as any top class restaurant in ireland.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We had a meal here with three children. We were staying at the Stella Maris so got a special menu which was very good value.
I had the steak which was excellent, my husband had risotto which was fine.
The children all enjoyed their chicken, sausages and chips
Overall it was certainly the best value meal we had in Keel, my only criticism is that it was a bit lacking in atmosphere

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

What a find!
This is a lovely little restaurant with an impressive menu. The fish and chips were enormous and very tasty. The goats cheese crostinis were simply amazing. I had some special dietary requirements and they were met without any issues. The wine list is extensive and reasonably priced.
I would be happy to recommend this place!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Great location Top class food Just a pity they had no Rose Wine in stock on the night Otherwisweno complaints

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Ate here the first night we stayed in Achill. Bayside Bistro had been recommended to us by the B&B we stayed in and we were even able to avail of a discount set up between the two businesses.

We both had the fish and chips for mains, and I must say that it was absolutely delicious!! I could have easily licked the plate clean. Portion size was quite generous too! For dessert, I had the crumble which came with icecream and cream (nice touch!) and himself had the Eton Mess which he said was lovely.

Atmosphere was quite nice and price was average enough but the discount we got helped a good bit!

Service was very hit or miss. Initially, the staff couldn't have been more attentive (in the good way) but then when our main course was taken away, it was a good 40+ mins before anyone asked if we'd like a dessert menu etc. To be fair, i'd understand if it was a really busy Saturday night, but this was a Monday night and there were 3 staff members.

Overall, I would go back again for the food though.

1  Thank CathyMo