“Very pleasant stay”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Tholos
Farnborough, United Kingdom
“Very pleasant stay”
Reviewed October 5, 2011

We went to stay at this hotel as it was recommended to my husband and I by family members so we met up with them there. It's only ten minutes from the airport which is great as we were tired when we landed.

There was a very warm welcome when we arrived late at night and the family who run it were smiley and friendly. We were able to purchase a cheese and ham toastie for 2 euros which was great because were starving.

During our stay we found the food to be highly satisfactory. I'm not a fussy eater but I thought the selection was very good and I enjoyed it. The beer was fine to drink all day for me but I didn't try the wine. You do have to take your cups back but it's only walking a few steps and you're not paying enough to be waited on hand and foot to be honest!! It's pretty obvious that the plastic cups are for outside use so that glasses don't get broken and get stuck in someones' feet. I tried one of the cocktails which I wasn't that impressed with but probably because it was too alchoholic for me! I recommend that you ask for a Bad Boy cocktail though as they're yummy!! (especially if you like Tiramisu).

The room was very comfortable and we had a fridge (which was handy) a small table with two chairs and a TV and balcony. I found the cleanliness to be acceptible. The only minor drawback was the design of the shower which meant the water went everywhere but for the price you can't complain.

The pool was nice and the grounds were lovely too.

This is great value for money!!! The price would be amazing even for room only let alone light inclusive. I think a lot of people come who are unaware that it's a light all inclusive.

When we left we got kisses from the owner, his wife and his son.

Whilst we were there we visited Rhodes Town and the Water Park (which was fab!) which were only 40 mins ish away. I can also recommend the fish bowls, pizza and the Gyros Plate at Billys restaurant not far from the hotel.

We had a lovely break here.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Merren
Katerina K, Γενικός Διευθυντής at Georgia Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2016
Our hotel is under new management (from winter 2016) which has fully renovated the hotel.
The Μanagement and Staff invite you to enjoy hospitable surroundings and all the pleasures of Rhodes within easy reach. with a friendly staff and atmosphere
The Georgia Hotel is located on the northwest side of the beautiful island of Rhodes, close to the village of Tholos.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I researched this hotel online before we booked , but as with alot of people you tend to wonder what people are moaning about, given the amount paid for their holidays, but I have to say as a general holiday it was awful but as a honeymoon as this was it was utterly heartbreaking.
We arrived at the hotel at about 05.30 to be greeted by a very irate man shouting from the main door that there were no rooms, we got inside to be told they were overbooked, we were bundled (and that is the only way to describe it ) into the owners old BMW ant taken to another hotel out in the middle of nowhere, to be dumped in the foyer with the night watchman as they had no rooms either because the cleaners didn't get there till 08.00
By this time I was in floods of tears and wanting to go home, we waited in the foyer till about 09.30 and we were given a room, which I think was on top of a sewer as the smell was awful, we were then moved to another room, we then had a call to say someone from the Georgia would be coming to pick us up at 6pm, we again sat in the foyer from 6pm to 7pm waiting, we were picked up and taken to the Georgia where we had a drink and went to bed as that was the first time we were able to sleep since 9pm the previous night.
Everything seemed to go ok for a while, but my husband sat on one of the plastic chairs on the balcony and it gave way, hitting his head on the wall on the way down, the owners son accused us of 'playing ' on the chair and charged us 15 Euro's to replace it, please bear in mind that both myself and my husband are in our 50's !
The atmosphere with this family was very uncomfortable, we tried very hard to keep ourselves to ourselves but the incidents just kept coming, we were called liars by the cleaner in front of all the other guests when I very politely asked for clean towels (as we hadn't had a clean one in 5 days)
It became unbearable, so we hired a car for our remaining time, ate our breakfast and then went out for the day, returning for the evening meal and a quick drink and then back up to our room to watch our one and only tv channel.
The island of Rhodes is absolutely beautiful and we travelled all around it, stopping at fantastic beaches and looking round the history laden towns, that part of the holiday was fab.
Shame about the hotels owner and family !

Room Tip: Suck up to the owners son and maybe buy him a couple of drinks!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
8 Thank ChrisAndyC
Katerina K, Γενικός Διευθυντής at Georgia Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2016
jacksonboulevard
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I have never experienced such poor service at a Hotel. Made to feel like a complete burden to the so called 'staff' - I ended up cleaning out ash trays myself - and after politely returning some glasses as I ordered something else was then refused any drinks thereafter until I gave them back a blasted beaker in return. I never once saw any staff collect a glass or empty an ash tray. The TV has no sound, and only one silent channel - and the phone is there, but surprise, surpise it's broken. I asked the miserable owner to fix this and he walked away and laughed. Pretty much sums the place up - a joke. Coffee and other drinks served from a faded (god knows how ancient) Plastic Beaker - which I thought as a paying guest I had moved up the scale since I was erm, about 3 years old. Refused Coffee at 9:20 as the miserable owner looks at her watch, whilst I point out the clock on the wall, which reads 9:20 not 30, the cut off point - but alas I wasn't going to beg her to give me a refill of the frankly disgusting coffee. Food was terrible, pasta, potatoes, beetroot, diced raw onion & processed meat (if you're lucky) as it's cheap carb overload. It was literally the same food day in, day out. Don't be fooled by the much hyped BBQ on a Friday this is exactly the same menu as mon, tuesday, wednesday, thursday, saturday but with a load of fatty, charred indescribable meat thrown in the end tray. My friend and I, decided to indulge in the vinegar wine one night and after returning to the bar to get another couple of glasses was rudely questioned by the Bar Man 'haven't you had enough? as if I was reaching behind the bar and helping myself (would have got better service this way) but of course he was more polite when after 11 we paid for his poor quality 'cocktails' which sadly after a long day of draft lemonade, 'coke', watered down orange juice, mediocre Beer or acidic Wine - seemed like a godsend. As for the poor location if it wasn't for the good company of my friend, I may have tried to swim across the water to turkey. Where incidentally I paid half the price of this all inclusive and received better food, drink and above all hospitality for my money. So my advice to you 'Stay Away'

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank jacksonboulevard
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2011

We thought the hotel was very nice, clean, although maid only came once in a week. The all inc is as described on other reviews, no drinks outside 11-11, breakfast was lovely, large selection of hot/cold food. Lunch also quite nice, evening meal though was just not substantial enough, the owner does watch you when you come to the meat section (one type of meat that differed each night), whilst he didn't say anything to us for going back for seconds, we did see him shout at a man who went for a second piece of beef. I found the family very pleasant, think the watching is more to ensure everyone gets something, although they should cater for this, can't expect a grown man to just have one piece of meat on his holidays! We would have evening meal for a starter then go into the 'resort' for tea at either Mike's or Billy's, which were both lovely. There are about 5 places in the resort for food and drink, but perfectly lovely. It was too quiet for us, we went to Faliraki by taxi one night which was good. We also saw the butterfly valley and Rhodes Old Town, which were both excellent days out. I just wish the travel agent would have given us the 'truth' before we went, as the hotel was perfectly acceptable, but for all inc, we ended up spending over a grand whilst we were there and we could have budgeted/saved up better beforehand.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Stephiesocks
uk
Reviewed September 4, 2011

well we were a bit worried cus of the reviews but took the chance and loved it every 1 has there opinion on places that they stay at but this was just right 4 us was pleased 2 get a room with a double bed lovely and clean towels were changed twice a week the family pete georgia and lucus and all the others were very friendly if we needed anything ie toilet rolls ect we only had to ask we found food was ok 4 what we paid all i can say 2 the people who moan is if u want better book a hotel say in lindos and pay for 5 star the family worked very hard and we will give them 10 out of 10 for there work rate as 4 pete watching every 1 get it right folks we felt some people we taking advantage by getting 3 or more platefulls each session also pete was clearing the tables and making sure they were clean ready for more people to eat at well done m8 the hotel was lovely grounds were nice would def go back mostly sutible 4 couples or familys with small children pool was great considering was so hot while we were there up to 38 , thank you georgia hotel 10 out of 10 well done from peter and jackie

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank peteandjackie
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Good overall holiday.Accomodation clean and hotel and gardens immaculate. The toilet bins could do with being cleaned more often. Quiet location and not anything to do in the evenings. If you like talking to other guests this will be a great holiday for you. The other reviews are spot on about Luca and facebook. lol .The glasses are a bit of an issue but your not spending a fortune to stay here.Food is okay although there isnt a great deal of choice we did find there was something we could eat. If your fussy or wanting to lose weight go here it will work..If you like icecream then great apart from two evenings thats all you got.Iwouldt recomend going heer with young children or teenagers they will be bored, more for couples who want a quiet relaxing time round the pool and achat or a game of draughts in the evenings. We didnt choose here we were moved from another hotel but we did have a great time, met some fab people will be going back to Rhodes next year just somewhere with more going on.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank elljay17
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Lovely hotel situated on a hill above THOLOS,This is a family run hotel its clean friendly ideal for families and couples;
The food caters for vegetarians as well meals are fresh and most produce produced on land they own;
The owners are very welcoming Lucas the son works the bar and is a lovely young man he will take you to the valley of butterfly's for a small fee.
The rooms are nice but simple air con will cost you 5 euros a night good value .
We had a great holiday with temps into 38 degrees ,beach is about 400 yrds down the hill wateris luke warm;
Rhodes is a great place to visit and you can get the bus in 5 euros for two adults but beware on return buy your ticket from the woode hut at the bus station;
All in all a great hotel warm welcome and am sure one will return time and time again thank you so much PAIDRO AND FAMILY

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BEV1960_05
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tholos
Filoxenia Hotel Apartments
Atrium Platinum Hotel
#5 of 126 in Rhodes Town
Atrium Prestige Thalasso Spa Resort and Villas
Matina Pefkos Aparthotel

Been to Georgia Hotel? Share your experiences!