“A Lovely Hotel and a Wonderful Holiday”

Nirvana Beach Hotel
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Tholos
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“A Lovely Hotel and a Wonderful Holiday”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

25/09/2012

Dear Nikos, Michelle and all the Staff

I am writing to say a big thank you on behalf of Stephen, Brenda and myself.

We had a wonderful holiday at your hotel in September and would recommend anybody to stay. The kindness shown to us was exceptional.We had two bedrooms with lovely views from both ( the sea view in room 115 was outstanding).We felt that the hotel suited our needs especially for my mum. The friendliness from all the staff was an important part of the smooth running of the hotel and created a lovely relaxed feeling,We could have spent hours on the patio area with the sunshine,beautiful flowers and not forgetting the drinks that were served there. The food we felt gave us a choice and was a well presented buffet, which was always replenished at all meal times, the cook was so kind and took great pride in the running of the dining room.

The hotel is not far from the airport, there were aeroplanes flying over at regular times during the day and evening,we got used to them and found them quite interesting and did not affect us at all.

As you can guess we are definitely returning next year I am looking at flights at the moment and will be in touch shortly...

I wanted to write a review as we felt you deserved one, I was unsure how to do this, but I hope this can be used to promote the Nirvana Beach Hotel

Thank you once again.

Kind regards

Lesley Stephen and Brenda.

Room Tip: Room 115 had a good view of the sea and sunset. Room 116 there was plenty of sunshine on the balcone...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank LESLEY S

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Czech first
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I would like to take time to write a review about this hotel. This is the first time I have ever reviewed a hotel and I really feel I need to express how delighted my partner and I were in staying in Nirvana Beach
This hotel caught our eye as we saw it was next to a kite school, and as kitesurfers, (myself aged 33 beginner and my boyfriend aged 31 advanced) we thought it would be ideal as we wanted a nice chilled week away on the waves - it we couldn't have asked for better!
From the moment we arrived we were met by the owner, Mary, very friendly and showed us around. Our hotel room (double) was clean, spacious, and had hair dryer and fridge in. We had our first eve meal and there was plenty of food and fresh salad.
Throughout the week there are a variety of dishes if you are all inclusive. Quite Basic food but all homemade and fresh.
Kitesurf school is right up the beach, you can pay to hire equipment or if you have your own, just pay for potential rescue, really reasonably priced. Those guts you are advanced, you don't have to kite in front if school, kite in front of Nirvana Beach, it's free then!
The hotel itself is in a really quiet area, perfect for wanting to have the beach all to yourself for hotel guests! Literally a short walk out if the hotel, down an open field path to the beach. Its a pebble beach but there are A few sun loungers there, so no problem. Sunsets are amazing!
Things to do wise - Rhodes old town is around 30/40 mins air-conditioned bus ride, and bus stop is just up the road. There are a few pubs in the immeduate area, very friendly owners. Faliraki for those that want a party night is 30 mins only by taxi.
During our week stay in September this year, we met Maria who was our waitress and she was very helpful and nothing was ever too much trouble, Manuel our attentive barman and Nico our evening porter, always around to play us another tune on the music player in the evenings! We travelled around the south and west of the island, and it definately has a safe vibe. It was lovely to come back to the hotel and feel like you are coming home to friends and family!
Whether you are a family wanting a safe, friendly chilled out holiday, or couple wanting a relaxing and picturesque break away then I would definately recommend it.
Thanks you guys for making it such a fantastic relaxing holiday. X x

• Stayed September 2012
5 Thank Kelly-Barnes-InPoole
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Our second time and was made to feel VERY welcome. From some great Greek cooking from Marina in the kitchen to the friendliness of Marie and Manwell - ever attentive at the bar! The location of this small family greek hotel is very pleasant - listen to the sea as you fall asleep at night! We thank Mary, Yianni, Marie and everyone at Nirvana for a comfortable, friendly and relaxing stay! Also hotel very suitable for elderly or disabled (ramps) ...small...everything close together! If you want a nice relaxing greek experience come here ...if you want Butlins and tacky british entertainment and english breakfasts maybe go elsewhere!!

Room Tip: Ask for sea view!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank johnh85
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We came really too late into the hotel and the first person who welcomed us was simply great. In few minutes we got a room and free drink on the bar (even though was after all inclusive hours). Other days we met the rest of staff and everybody was kind, friendly and very nice people. If you need a help, there was no problem, everyday the houskeeping perfectly cleaned up the room and everything around. Our cooker had everytime good mood and food was very tasty. Swimming pool was good also for children and sea is very close to the hotel. There was just a wind during afternoons on the beach so perfect for wind/kitesurfing but not good for staying on the beach. Close to hotel are few shops for buy anything as a food, drink or souvenirs.. It was a pleasure holidays and i´ll be back as soon as possible. Thank you for everythink!!! Petra

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank obludka1
Sheering, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Absolutely delightful, beautiful home cooked food, spotless rooms with unspoilt views. Would certainly return for some more greek style home cooking and wonderful sunsets, the hosts are very nice and I cant thank them enough for a very pleasant stay

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank robertwyoung1096433
Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I went to the Nirvana with a friend at the beginning of June and had a lovely holiday. My friend has been going for many years and has always raved about it but it was the first time that I have been able to make. I was a bit sceptical but it really was as great as she has been saying. Friendly staff, great position with views of the sea, home made food, with kit-surfing and water sports a stone's throw away. I would thoroughly recommend a visit to anyone.

Room Tip: We had a sea view which was great.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank Jill L
Ware, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I have known & stayed in this Hotel since it was built (20+years ago) and have always returned
That says it all !
It is difficult to find a better place, or location in Rhodes & I know the Island well
Mary & Yiannis along with their staff are always SO kind , friendly & helpful
Food is homecooked & Greek style , in a buffet restaurant with lovely views of the beach
The location is beautiful, the gardens are gorgeous & the sunsets are amazing
And yet only a short stroll from the village & bars of Theologos
And With the beach a mere stone's throw away , where Kite Surfing & a variety of water sports are easily available, there is little wanting here
'Nirvana' is an appropriate name, in my well studied opinion of this hotel !

Room Tip: Pay a supplement with Agent (most segregate garden/sea) for a sea view and thus sunset
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Sue232
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tholos
Filoxenia Hotel Apartments
#1 of 2 in Theologos
Summer Dream Hotel
Summer Dream Hotel
#9 of 9 in Tholos

Been to Nirvana Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!