Summer Dream Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Sabina Hotel(Theologos)
Meliton Hotel(Theologos)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe busgreat holidaybad reviewsenglish foodlunch and dinnerclean towels every dayall inclusive drinksafter reading reviewsbooked our holidaylovely foodfresh saladplenty of sun loungerspuddingcleaned dailyfor making our holidayweek stayholiday makers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We visited Summer Dreams Apts in Theologos end of July 2013 staying for one week, all-inclusive. Whilst the staff were friendly and helpful and rooms clean but basic, there was a foul odour outside our room. We stayed initially in room 122 behind the pool and next to the pool toilet and the smell from the drains was foul, smelling of faeces. We were unable to open our balcony door let alone sit out on the balcony.
We asked to be moved the first evening and were told we could the next day and we were moved further down the corridor to room 127. The terrible smell was still in the corridor but luckily could not be smelt once in our room.
We were told that we would be swapped with new tourists who were given our first room despite being told about the foul odour and we noted that the next occupants also moved rooms and the room was given to a 3rd party.
The steps down to our room was concrete and unlit at night, making them dangerous.
The food was ok but had limited variety for my vegetarian daughter.
Fizzy drinks available at the pool bar were flat and bar snacks dried bread and cheese
.We knew the resort was quiet which was a plus for us but the resort was almost desolate and the hotels' evening entertainment comprised of one karaoke night only.
As this holiday was to be a last family holiday before my daughter gets married next year we were very disappointed with the hotel

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Jeanette L
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We got this trip at a really very good price. I would recommend as value for money as we paid for a family of four for two weeks £726.72. Not bad compared to the same period in a caravan in Cornwall self catering would be twice as much. The area is very nice and quiet - peaceful.

I would say this hotel is a good base to see the fabulous island of Rhodes. It is a family hotel. We spent two weeks here, and hired a car for a week in the middle of our stay. Two weeks of depending totally on this hotel for stimulation would be very boring.
The food is ample and you won't go hungry. My family fits a wide demographic. I eat everything, my 9 year old daughter tries everything, my 8 year old son lives on chips and my husband is coelic - gluten intolerant and I would say we did find a lot to eat, if a bit repetitive. Lots of nice salad! But I think I was hoping for a bit more seafood - being on an island and all!
Food are at set times and the Pool bar snacks are ghastly!! Dried bread and cheese in the hot sun!! Sometimes pizza slices!!
You do not get the same as most other all inclusive - food at all times of the day. But the price reflects this. You should think if it as full board - 3 meals a day.
Do NOT go here if you like what you like and are not able to enjoy other dishes! It is your holiday you must do what makes you happy.
This hotel seems to be ticking over while lots of others in the area have closed up. The recession has hit them as with everyone. They are running on minimal staff who work ever so hard and try their best.
I will say however, our room was barely touched by the cleaners, they made such a lot of noise as if they were doing a lot and on more than a few occasions just changed the bin liner in the room!! In the end I just told them not to bother and we made our own bed up and wiped the floor with a bath mat!
The kitchen staff were the best - nice sisters who work so hard, they are there from dawn to well past dusk.
In the restaurant there was never enough glasses - sounds dumb to say this, but when you go to eat you would like to get some water and lots of times you would have to wait for a wash to come out. This was not the fault of the staff - just not enough to go around and the management should replenish stock - things get broken etc over a year!!
The old guy at the evening bar was quite rude to my daughter when she went to get 4 cokes for the 4 of us. He quite upset her and told her that "You kids were drinking too much!!" What an idiot. In the end my daughter would only get us a drink if the nice girl was serving.
I think they overbook all the time as we were put for one night in a different room until they had one ready for us and then the lady at the front desk came to find me and we had to move in 3 minutes - I think this was because they had someone for the room they had temporarily put us into, because when I had finally sorted out our stuff for the second time and was leaving the room I saw people going into the room we had just vacated. My husband was on the net in reception for a few hours one morning and witnessed the same situation with other people just checking is as well. I don't know why they would make life hard for themselves by doing this. Weird!
The beds were HHHHAAAAAARRRRDDDDD!!!! Think of a foam exercise mat on a concrete base!! I have put my back out and have to go the chiropractors asap!! If you have pre existing back aches DON'T go here. I am sitting with an ice pack as we speak!
We don't ever go back to the same place anyway - the world is too big a place and there is so much to see elsewhere so we won't probably go back here. But if you want to see this beautiful ancient island then this is not a bad BASE, but take some spending money to go out and about.

1  Thank SIRMEELA M
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Just got back this weekend from a great weeks stay at Summer Dream Hotel we were a bit apprehensive after reading some reviews on here but thought we would give the hotel a chance, we landed Saturday the 17th at 10.00pm and easily got a taxi from the airport for 13euros (as the hotel is only 15mins or so away don't get stung with transfer fees a taxi is always available)
We arrived at the hotel and was greeted by Mike the manager who was very friendly and polite Mike quickly sorted the paperwork out and showed us to our rooms and also helped with our luggage. Our room was lovely, clean and well presented with good working air con. After sorting our cases we went for a drink at the bar and as the all inclusive had finished we didn't expect but we were given free drinks and made very welcome by the bar staff.
Through out the week the food was absolutely fine there was plenty of choice for everyone - I don't know what people were moaning about as there was always something different at every meal sitting! and there was certainly not as many flies as others have put on here unless I am blind this was a running joke with me and my partner trying to spot these so called flies.
The rooms were infact cleaned daily and fresh bedding and towels were provided - the staff at Summer Dream work so hard and do not get the credit they deserve some bad mannered people are out there that only write reviews to moan your holiday is what YOU make of it go there with an open mind and appreciate that it's not home from home.
Hotel facilities were great no kids club but that's not something we go on holiday for just to dump your child on someone else, there is plenty of children there and they make friends easily, when your by the pool it's great to see all the kids playing and you can see them around the whole pool area and park, the pool bar is good plenty of choices for drink I will say that they do need to improve the choice of snacks - maybe use left overs from lunch would be a good idea?
In the evening we went out a few times but we also stayed in the bar meeting other people and getting to know the staff which was nice, there is also air hockey and a pool table for a couple of euros (my son loved this he fleeced us).
I would recommend hiring a car if your are the sort of family like us that enjoys exploring a new place - Pegasus car hire are fantastic and five mins walk away from the hotel Peter the owner will be more than happy to help and is cheaper than the rest he also recommends the places to see and supplies you with a map - this came in handy when we got a little lost coming back from Lindos.
All in all we had a fantastic weeks stay at Summer Dream if the Management are reading this thank you once again and we will see you early next season (Joshua is looking forward to spending his 7th Birthday there)
Mark, Amy and Joshua x

Room Tip: The apartments at the far end of the pool where we stayed was very nice
2  Thank Amy B

Where do I start.....

On our arrival me my husband and teenage son (in the early hours) the night manager looked a little shocked, who was clearly not expecting us... He couldn't find us on the computer... When he did after checking I had a valid accommodation voucher he tells me that we have no room ready and that people are still in it ! He asked us to go for a walk for a few hours!!! I refused, so we plonked ourselves with luggage on the hotel pool loungers to rest a little we were shattered.

We woke to guests walking by us asking us why we were there, we spoke and soon realised this was more common than we realised, soon enough staff were scurrying around and a room was sorted for us :-) this was a clean but basic, no kettle or hair dryer provided.

We soon were having breakfast not great, the cooked food covered in oil, no toast available (basic in my opinion) just crusty bread, so at the best a hard boiled egg on crusty bread was had. Lunch was basic but a little better,nice salads and chips, evening dinner was poor, we soon agreed it was better to eat out my son was only eating a chip butty or ice cream (not good)

The basic services were not provided, very limited spirits at the pool bar, you even got tap water with ice!!!! While the bar tender was drinking bottled water!!!!

With not having a kettle in our room, you can only get a hot drink at breakfast or by the pool bar until 5.30pm, the all inclusive (which it isn't ) only limited inclusive on a basic level, the main bar of an evening serves till 10.30pm then you have to pay for drinks!!! It doesn't say this on the hotel itinerary!!!! So most people were done by this and went to their room.

The pool water needed a clean, full of chlorine, milky coloured water and a broken step in the deep end proving difficult to get out.

My only positive is the room basic, clean and with air con, staff were lovely, worked hard and feel their hands are tied, whoever owns this hotel isn't bothered what people say or do, this will continue.

Unfortunately that is not enough for us to want to go back, I know it is 3* (reality 2*) I was expecting just a little more of the basics.

Room Tip: Do not book this hotel - also not disabled friendly dinning hall on the first floor and toilets on basement level
2  Thank Debbie W
Reviewed August 26, 2013

As many people have said before me, you only get what you pay for. Also like many others, I was sceptical of this hotel because of the negative reviews it has but I must stress that my experience of this hotel was very different.

Firstly our room: Basic yes, but very nice and comfortable. Cleaners DO clean every day and do a fantastic job off it too. We even told them not to bother every other day because they were so busy and rooms were gleaming anyway.

FOOD.. Welll the food was different and it was difficult for my partner at first as hes a very fussy eater. However once we had got used to it, and tried some new items we thoroughly enjoyed every meal.

DRINKS... Drinks were fine, plenty of choice for 3* AI.. and the whole time we were there, there were two people serving at the bar from 6 till late. Prices after 10.30 are very reasonable.. €3 for cocktails €2 for beer, we even got a free drink the first night we arrived to.

STAFF... The staff are by far the best thing about the hotel. Kind, welcoming and very helpful. Couldnt have asked for better hospitallity.

LOCATION... For us this was perfect, Tholos is a breezy part of the island and is very quite, this was exactly what we were looking for. Easy to get to Rhodes, falaraki and we had a lovely walk to the Valley of Butterflies thanks to the receptionist Ava :). We loved the beach.. just be carefull as it is very breazy and thats quite deceiving. In all pleanty of shops, taverns and restaurants amd n9t to far to travel for a day out.

POOL... Ok so people do reserve the sunbeds, but just play them at there own game and do it to. There was plenty for everyone so didnt see what all the fuss was about really. The pool bar was the best, janni** (I THINK) was great fun and he worked none stop to keep everyone happy

I would like to thank every one at the hotel for a fantastic stay and I would return tomorrow if I could. Fantastic value for money and they definitely deserve there 3 stars if not more.

• Stayed: August 2013