“Happy but sad too”

Happy Days Hotel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Tholos
“Happy but sad too”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I have just returned from this hotel, and have to say it wasn't one of the best I have stayed in, a bit of a war zone really staff arguing all the time, drinks not always available, with lame excuses as to why, I just think they were watching the pennies, newly run and slack set up really...
Tholos is wonderful excellent place to go for a base, 10 mins from airport, transport to Rhodes very reasonable 12 euros return for 2, we hired a car from Hi Way very reasonable and cars excellent...
You have to find Dundees bar, excellent place to go, food top of the range and very reasonable prices, 6 of us went for an evening had starters, mains, drinks including Angeles cocktails (to die for) stayed till 2.30am and it cost us less than 30 euros per person, free pool tables American, Nick gave us free drinks for our custom, very funny guy and excellent chef, will even take you in kitchen to watch him make his chicken an fillet steak satay WOW sizzling to, never tasted anything like it....full English 5 euros keeps you going all day...entertainment every night, plus karaoke, we had some fab nights in here, Lindsey is very helpful with all your needs, you just ask and she will sort it....overall if it hadn't of been for Dundees think our holiday wouldn't of been the same, you made it for us and thanks...met some great friends for life...

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Do not be fooled by the pictures, happy days is by far the most shocking hotel I have ever stayed in. The rooms were so DISCUSING and unclean and also full of insects I have never come across before, they is three options of food which are all thrown together without no thaught the food is also not labelled and the chefs are never around to tell you what it is. Alcohol is not served till after six which I think is ridiculous seen as it is an all inclusive hotel. All the staff are rude and far from polite. The pool is very rarely cleaned and full of dead insects. The bar staff was also the receptionist so service was slow, passports are kept in pigeon holes behind the reception desk which is constantly left unattended. The staff was only half decent on our way out. Do not waist your money on this hotel as you will be spending most your holiday away from it.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Yazmine1

Travelers are raving about these Tholos hotels

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2013

the management as also the owners, this means that drinks are given to you half full and cocktails were served in plastic cups. the chef and bar staff really nice, they try to make the best out of the situation which is usually hard when the management are constantly watching over them. rooms in need of TLC i shared with my friend and the stained sheets that were on her bed the 1st night were on mine the 2nd. our toilet flooded and there was a large dead bug on my terrace for 5 days which i named bob. all in all had it not been for the guests we met and that we entertained ourselves i would have come home after an hour! pool covered in bugs which we cleaned ourselves

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank charlottew86111
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed July 3, 2013

i spended there 6 days and i have to say that for 3 stars hotels is good.The rooms where clean and the housekeepers were coming everyday,the pool wasnt small like other hotels i was at the past.The food and the chef were really good like the rest of the staff who they were trying really hard to keep costumers happy.Is a small and a quiet hotel and i wasnt expecting many but they surpriced me and my girlfriend.I hope i will let home one more time to visit rhodes!!such a great island.

katarina

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank katarina z
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I don't know where to start so the few good points first

The reception was good at first and Rhodes is a beautiful island .the end

Bad points

This is not all inclusive hotel far from it the drinks are terrible and you get faster more polite service at weatherspoons on a sat night
The rooms were dirty especially the bathroom that had the extraction fan socket hanging from the wall by bear live wires.
The pool was dirty as stated in a previous review me and others were told to get a net and clean it ourselves not acceptable.
The staff are without a doubt the least caring staff on the planet without a clue on how to treat guests. I don't complain much but theses people need slating. They were crap. They coludnt give a monkey's. The owner blamed everyone but him,his mother ate food with guests and pushed in the que.the barstaff never serve you in under 5 mins.the waiters don't clear the tables so guests literally had nowhere to eat.
Personally my Mrs was really ill on holiday and I was forced to get to hospital 5 days into our trip it cost a arm and a leg and all our available money to rent a car and pay fees.after we returned we were faced with a long checkout time 10am to 3am. The hospital said she needed rest and the manager said I would have to pay more money I simply didn't have or we were out . Terrible any other human being would understand but not them it's all money take take.

Overall it was abysmal I could not recommend this holiday to anyone even if it's cheap not by any means a 3 star.
There's loads I've missed but would be here all day typing.

I would like to thank the 3 English girls Kim Ginny and charlotte for your support it really helped.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank faz182
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I arrived early on Sunday morning,
night porter welcomed myself and grown-up daughter shown our room.
Small twin bedded(as advertised)
the room small but big enough for both of us
The food was adiquit but only warm
need a micro
The alcohol was from 12to12
The pool was lovely for the size of hotel 58 rooms
Staff toiled and never seemed enough of them always a smile
On the whole we enjoyed the holiday very much
Just a few complaints as I said staff great but one she hovered and busied herself not doing any thing
Twice I had to go and buy my own food once the chef was rushed to hospital another time the Russians took it all
But for what we paid for the holiday(330 pounds each can't complain)
Don't book transfers as only 13euros from.
Recommend bar next door Mythos good pint also crocadiles best breakfast for miles

• Stayed June 2013
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I cannot believe this hotel has achieved a 3/4 star status. I would rate this at a 2 star and that is being generous. The rooms are old, the bedding is stained and the pillows are awful. You have to pay 7 euros a day for air con and they turn the wifi off so that you cannot use it. There is no entertainment apart from a pool table which you have to pay for. This hotel advertises as being "all inclusive" however you cannot get a soft drink until 11 and cannot have spirits until 6 and can only get ice creams at specified times. On one evening thry ran out of vodka at 8pm. They did however have Smirnoff vodka but said this would be an extra. After complaints they eventually went to the shop. They reluctantly give you dift drinks throughout the day and only fill the cup 3/4 full. They also give you tap water and this made us ill.

The staff are friendly however the management/owners are very rude. They do not know how to treat guests and if you ask for anything it is a huge inconvience. They also make sure that they eat first before serving the guests. The chef is very nice and speaks English and he tried his best to make nice meals but he is limited on the produce he has. The restaurant doors are left open, the food is not covered and the flies are everywhere. They are very precious about the air con and would rather open the doors than cool the restaurant with this.

The pool was cleaned on our fifth day of the holiday. We had to clean this and the pool itself was very dirty.

Even if you want a cheap holiday then beware as this hotel is horrendous

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kimmiew84
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tholos
Meliton Hotel
#17 of 34 in Kolimbia
Georgia Hotel
Georgia Hotel
#2 of 9 in Tholos

Been to Happy Days Hotel? Share your experiences!