“Adequate, Uninspiring”

Hotel Giovanni Giacomo
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Teplice
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel for a business trip and stayed for two nights. One of the reasons for my selection was the restaurant, so I was disappointed to learn on arrival that the restaurant was not open. I therefore had to go out and find somewhere to eat, and as a lone female traveller who didn't speak the language I was a bit unsettled by this. There are several restaurants within a five minute walk and I did find an Italian which was very good value.

The hotel offers spa facilities and the card in my room (see photo) offered a special Casanova massage, but being uncertain about the special services on offer, I thought it wise to decline!

The waitress in the restaurant and reception staff were very pleasant.

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel twice already. The location is really awesome. Hotel is in baroko style. At the time of my last stay there was no restaurant in the hotel already, only breakfast was served. Another restaurant is located near the hotel. Staff was very kind. I only feel supervision can improve: receptionists do not inform well one after each other, what is pending to be done, missing of room equipment do not surprise anyone, cigaret smell in the loby, you have to pay in advance reasoning that they have bad experience with previous guests. Rooms had sufficient desk for business travelers, wireless and cable internet. Bathroom is nice and clean. Breakfast is standard.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank 4Chantall
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Was here on business for 3 nights. Most of my travel is done alone but on this occasion I was accompanied by a work associate. This was a good thing as the hotel has few amenities and (as some other people have said) is a little depressing, mainly due to its dark decor. Having said that the staff are very friendly, the breakfast is very nice and prices reasonable. My room had a nice view overlooking the park. This was my first visit to Teplice and the Czech Republic so it is hard to say how this hotel compares to others in the region.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 6, 2012

I've never been in a such excellent hotel. There are all is need to modern people - good cuisine, modern technology and the other services.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Budu_bez_nika
Reviewed February 10, 2012

I was pleased by this hotel, as it kind of sticked to me in terms of decorations, furniture and friendly staff, who were both helpful and and smiling. In nice and quiet street and possible parking on their yard. I liked it there, even new hotel, it has its original design and that makes it different and special to other hotels.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Jiri K
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Travelling around europe I've stayed to a lot of different hotels. This hotel, even if new, is one of the ugliest place I've ever been: as I arrived I've found a small park lot ( only 6 placet for 25 rooms; at the reception they were unable to give me the door card because theery rn out of them; even to go bed I'd to ask receptionist to open me the room; my room is so small that I've problem to turn around; and the foods are on a low Quality level. I've been also to other hotels in Teplice, surely better from different point of view.
I'll never come back to this hotel for sure.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank CaiusJulius
Reviewed October 12, 2011

I'm travelling very often to Teplice for business.
I can say that I tried several hotels, ( this one, Payer, Paradise, Prince de ligne, Beethoven ).
Hotel Giacomo is the best in comfort and quiet.
Service is a little bit under quality at the reception, maybe because this hotel is very niew.
But the hotel is very quiet, the rooms are very pleasant and comfortable.
A wellness center is also on place for a fee. Didn't tried it yet.
The city is not so big, than the location of the hotel, not close to the center is not a problem.
After discovering this hotel, I always book my room there.
I travel in CZ for many years, and know very well the city.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Teplice
Richmond Teplice Hotel
Clarion Congress Hotel Usti nad Labem
No photo provided
Hotel Almond
#9 of 14 in Teplice

Been to Hotel Giovanni Giacomo? Share your experiences!