My husband and I speak three languages. Unfortunately, Italian is not one of them. At this hotel, ordering a meal was always an ordeal. The staff mean well, but our impression is that they are scared to speak any language but Italian. If you trumpet your hotel as a 4 star resort, there should be more versatility.
The location is incredible. The castle at the end of the beach is spectacular, but the fireworks end there for Falconara. The one towel per day rule is a bit ridiculous. I don't want to dry myself off at a sandy beach, then take the sandy, wet towel to the pool to lay out. One could argue it's a "green" move on the hotel's part, but I'm pretty sure cost is the motivating factor.
The rooms are spacious. It would have been helpful if they showed us how all the light switches worked, but again, speaking nothing but Italian, the young man ran out of the room after dropping off our bags. If you want an unobstructed view of the sea, you'll be paying top dollar at the Fattoria.
Bottom line: Spend one night, then keep moving. Villa Athena in Agrigento was 10 Euro more for top-notch service and a warm welcome that was lacking at Falconara.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Falconara is situated on the south-eastern coast of Sicily, between Agrigento and Ragusa, in an enchanting position overlooking the sea. Its neighbour is the magical medieval castle of Falconara, erected in Norman times to repel the invasion of the Moors. The famous Valle dei Templi of Agrigento, the Villa del Casale in Piazza Armerina with its splendid mosaics, Caltagirone with its craft made ceramics and the pearls of the Sicilian baroque: Ragusa Ibla, Modica and Scicli are all within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Falconara Charming House Resort & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Falconara Charming House And Resort
- Falconara Charming House Hotel Butera
- Falconara Charming Hotel
- Falconara Charming House Resort & SPA Sicily/Butera, Italy