“Excellent”

The Artichoke Inn of Christow
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Christow
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Artichoke Inn is a 12th century village inn situated in the heart of the Dartmoor National Park, in the pretty village of Christow. It is said that the name The Artichoke dates back to the time of the crusades where this site was once used as a recruitment station for the Knights Templar. The Artichoke Inn has seen many different landlords since this time and the current Landlord is Samuel Key. The Pub itself is now a free house offering an extensive range of beers wines and spirits as well as a tempting menu with something for everyone. The pub holds a range of 3 real ales which are changed from week to week. Booking is advised although any walk in trade is fine. So why not come along and take a seat next to our inglenook wood burning stove and have yourself some delicious food and drink.
Reviewed February 28, 2017

After a day exploring through Devon, we curled up here for dinner and were delighted. The atmosphere, the food, the service - all wonderful.

...and a special thank you to our quirky, bubbly waitress!

1  Thank LuxuriousNomad_com

Reviewed February 23, 2017 via mobile

We visited on a Sunday afternoon for a quick drink after some dartmoor walking. The pub seems to be popular for eating but has a traditional feel with a real fire going when we arrived. Locals and staff seemed friendly and the ale was great. They also serve a variety of gins for those who like to experiment. We parked on the road nearby. It's a nice little village.

Reviewed February 17, 2017

My husband and I visited The Artichoke whilst on a short break to Dartmoor on the recommendation of the owner of our B&B and we were not disappointed. The atmosphere here is warm and welcoming, the menu has a great choice and the food delivers on it's promise. It's good, hearty, tasty pub food with no pretences. Some of the dishes have (or did when we visited) an asian slant to them and they were excellent.
I enjoyed a lamb shank for my main course which I thoroughly recommend. We would definitely go back.

Reviewed February 12, 2017 via mobile

Haven't visited for a while so booked a table for a birthday. We had the Sunday roast (2 beef 2 lamb) amazing, didn't disappoint, meat cooked to perfection. As usual Sam is the perfect host, roaring log fire, relaxed atmosphere and all in all a perfect Sunday meal. Will be back soon

Reviewed February 1, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I visited this delightful old pub in Christow. I had Braised beef cheek, my husband had a chicken dish. Both meals were beautifully prepared and served. The taste was great, very tender and the gravy was superb. Great cooking and good service.