I stayed in this hotel for 5 nights with my boyfriend in May. It was at the beginning of the tourist season in Sardinia so the hotel was very quiet with only a couple of other couples staying there.
All the rooms are dotted around a hillside in semi-detached 'chalet' type buildings which was lovely and peaceful. Rooms are a decent size, very clean and nicely decorated and they all have their own patio area, most with very good views of the nearby lake. Pool is also nice and kept very clean and although cold, it certainly wasn't cold enough to stop me wanting to swim. Breakfast was ok. You could have fruit, cereal, yoghurts, croissants, cakes, bread, meats and cheese. Pretty standard. We had dinner at the hotel 3nights we were there. You have to order what you want at breakfast with a choiceof 2 starters and 2 mains each day. Although the food wasn't the best we had in our stay in Sardinia, we still enjoyed it. However, the desserts really weren't great at all and we avoided them if we could.
The hotel is in the middle of nowhere, which is exactly what we wanted so don't come here if you want to be in the centre of a village/town with lots to do. We had a very relaxing few days and when we did want to get out and about to sightsee, we just hopped in the car and within an hour you could be at the costa smeralda for example.
Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The staff were friendly, room very nice and location beautiful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The charming Aldiola Country Resort is surrounded by centuries-old trees, and located on the hills overlooking the Liscia Lake, close to the Sardinian Emerald Coast. The panoramic swimming pool and the various shady spots offer moments of total relaxation. The architectural features of the Gallura region are reflected in the lay-out of the hotel rooms. Each room offers spectacular views of the lake. Furnishings are in the authentic Sardinian style. Particular care has been paid to the choice of wood and ironworks for the furniture and fixtures, textiles and ceramics, all crafted by the finest Sardinian artisans. Both the restaurant and the rooms are set among the local shrub and flowers, carefully trimmed and illuminated at night to create a beautiful atmosphere. The Aldiola restaurant offers the best choice of regional and international cuisine, with 2 types of menu that change daily. The finest traditional dishes are enhanced by local ingredients and flavours. The house wine, from the family vineyard, is a fine, fresh red wine. The restaurant also stocks the best known Sardinian labels. The surrounding area is rich in extraordinary sites, both natural and archaeological. A short distance away, on the shores of the lake, are numerous 1000-year-old olive groves and amazing granite rocks. You can also admire monuments of the Nuragic age. Aldiola Country Resort is also the ideal starting point for nature walks and more challenging trekking excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Aldiola Country Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aldiola Country Hotel Sant`Antonio Di Gallura
- Hotel Aldiola Country
- Aldiola Country Resort Sardinia, Italy