“A very friendly and professional restaurant.”
Review of Riverside Hotel

Riverside Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Pennal
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: info@riversidehotel-pennal.co.uk
Reviewed February 3, 2014

As a group of hungry hillwalkers we tend to be quite a discerning (fussy) and demanding bunch but this establishment deserves nothing but praise. The staff are friendly and efficient and the standards are the best of Welsh hospitality. We enjoyed the evening meal and were very pleased with the variety and quality of the cooking. The beer ( Cwrw Madog) was wonderfully refreshing and the wood burner was very welcome. A bonus was the fantastic collection of paintings in the bar restaurant and guest house. We have stayed in many places all over Wales and the borders and this must be one the very best .The guest house was beautifully furnished, decorated and equipped and breakfast was excellent. Congratulations on creating a very welcoming and comfortable atmosphere.

1  Thank CountryStroller

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Have just returned home from 2 nights in Pennal. We ate in The Riverside both nights.
The first as a couple we were accommodated at short notice even though there were a few Chrstmas parties in.
We both had steak which was large, perfectly cooked and very tender. The food was piping hot and well presented.
The service was excellent. Polite waitresses who looked after us despite the large demanding groups in the restaurant.
The second night were were part of a large group (43) and again the food was lovely, served quickly and was well presented. The waitresses were attentive, looking after everyone's demands with a smile. Everyone in the group were impressed with their choice of meals.
We stayed at the B&B (Brynawel) owned by the owners of the pub and the breakfasts were big, hot and tasty.
Will certainly return again.
Thank you very much for a perfect Xmas break.

Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

We loved this restaurant- we were a group of 10 including 2 children. Service was friendly and fast, the menu was original and the portions were huge! Really really tasty- we will definitely be back

1  Thank farrele
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Being in the catering trade myself, I am usually extremely picky and on edge when going out for a meal. I tend to find fault and criticise. However, there was nothing at all I could find fault with! The food was fabulous! Great portion sizes, enough to fill you up, but not so much that you were waddling out the door haha! Great atmosphere, incredibly relaxing and well thought out! Really felt at home here! Will 100% be going back!! Thank you for a lovely evening and a wonderful meal.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Visited again 4 months after the last time when I had an excellent steak, this time I had an excellent seafood curried stew, my father had another great steak and my mother had sea-bass which again she described as excellent.

I am hoping to go back for my 50th birthday in May even though it is 120 miles from where I live, but I know it will be worth it! Wish there was a place like this nearer to home... they certainly have got everything right...