“Great!”
Review of Restaurant Qb - CLOSED

Restaurant Qb
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Restaurante tipico, estilo "slow food". Confeccao executada na hora, de produtos frescos e seleccionados. Ementa curta com sugestoes semanais. Situado no Interior da Vila da Ribeira Brava, esperando por si...
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Great food and nice service. We had the tuna with potatoes and salad. One of the best tuna we had on Madeira so far. We also got some snacks before the main dish which were also delicious.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

This is an excellent restaurant overlooking a small square in Ribeira Brava. Tina is an excellent hostess and the food is quite simply superb. We went there twice over our one week holiday with my wife selecting the tuna belly (twice) and me choosing first the carbonara then the fillet steak on our second visit. The food is sublime, and the extra "treats" Tina provided ( tuna pate on the first visit and fried octopus on our second) were a joy. The desserts looked fabulous and tasted as good as they looked. All in all, if you're in Madeira make a beeline for QB Restaurant. You won't regret it.

Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner here tonight and it was just perfect!
We had the sirloin steak and the tuna belly, and they were both really really good. It was too much, and we were really sorry we couldn't eat it all. We sat on the small terrace, a great spot. Tina made us feel very welcome and clearly loves good food.
We promised her to put our comments on tripadvisor so Tina: here it is!
We absolutely recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

The food took over an hour to arrive, despite being only one of two tables there. After 45mins the waitress came over to tell me that the food was being freshly prepared, which wasn't reassuring considering I ordered a fish stew, which should take over two hours to prepare. She brought us some bread crumbed cheesy balls to help pass the time, which I couldn't eat anyway being gluten intolerant. By the time our meals arrived, my partner had eaten all the cheese balls and some bread, and wasn't very hungry. He ordered fish with rice dish, which tasted the same as my dish, accept my rice came in a separate dish swimming in olive oil. The food was average, and the only reason it should take so long is I suspect that they do not prepare enough in advance to spare on wastage.
The atmosphere was awkward as I could tell the waitress was used to people complaining about waiting times, especially when she asked me in a confrontational manner whether I was happy with the meal, twice. When we got the bill I was shocked to see that we were being charged for the cheese balls we were offered in recompense for the waiting time - I told my partner we should complain but we agreed we wanted to make the most of what was left of our last day.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

That was an amazing experience. We have not expected to receive such a good service and to enjoy a brilliant dinner like that. The Tuna and the Steak were delicious + a beautiful rose wine, which was recomended from the lady as well. A very nice evening, and last but not least was the price fair as well. Thank you so much. Alexandra, Kim and Karl :-)