Hotel Savoy Mariehamn
Hotel Adlon(Mariehamn)
Hotel Cikada(Mariehamn)
Hotell Esplanad(Mariehamn)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsoff seasonnice hotelcoffee and teascandinavian hotelnewly renovated roomssuperior roomcomfortable bedswalking distanceexcellent locationlittle bitfree wifinice roombusiness tripparking spacecentral locationswimming poolstaff was friendly
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I only spent one night here, but when I arrived in the middle of the night I got a nice welcome. The halls where a bit difficult at first, but I really liked the room and its modern look. Got really nice service the next morning when I asked for a extra hour before check-out. Really happy with the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Roni H, General Manager at Hotel Savoy Mariehamn, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Many thanks for your review. I am very happy to hear that you have found our refurbished rooms comfortable and that our level of service has met your expectations. Welcome back to Hotel Savoy and Mariehamn.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

An OK hotel for a short stay. But the 4 stars it boasts about hs to be from the sixties. The hotel is worn, bad sound insulation and small breakfast. But good situated near conference faclities and government.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We spent there only one night, but I really liked their service attitude. We arrived early in the morning and did not get the room, but were invited to eat breakfast, which was nice.

In the evening we wanted to use sauna and pool. You can book it only for you for very reasonable price and it was also possible late night.

The room itself was newly renovated. Nothing to complain about.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wanikka
Roni H, General Manager at Hotel Savoy Mariehamn, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Many thanks for your positive comments. I am happy to hear that you have found our staff helpful and our recently refurbished rooms satisfactory. I wish you welcome back to Mariehamn and Hotel Savoy.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I found the hotel to be clean, in good condition, and the staff pleasant.
Breakfast, included in the rate, was ample with the typical large selection of breads and meats. It included juices and cereals, all buffet style.
The beds were a bit soft. The drapes are opaque and blocked off the early and late light in the summer. Room temperature was OK; there was no thermostat to control.
The hotel is conveniently located, close to the town centre, bus station, restaurants. The view from the room was of the street or car park as the hotel is about 1/2km from the water.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Viajero952

Many thanks for your review which I am sure other travellers will find helpful. We have continuously been improving our breakfast offering and I am thus very pleased that you have enjoyed it. Welcome back to the Savoy and Mariehamn.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed here recently with my husband and young family. Staff were friendly and courteous on arrival. However the problem for us was the room! We were clearly put in the unrenovated part of the building, the odour in this corridor was musty and generally not fresh. The room was literally thick with dust and appeared not to have been touched all season. Beds are poor 2 foot twinswith thin mattresses and there was no way that they would adjoin, which is fairly important to us as holidays usually mean that the children gravitate toward our bed. On our second day we were in the room until midday and explained that we'd like the room serviced for the day but were not yet ready. On our return the bin was emptied, and that was it!
Good points, the breakfast was good, location great and staff courteous however I feel that it's a pricey hotel offering a less than adequate standard of accomodation in the unrenovated parts of the building

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank jojey

Thank you for your review and constructive comments. I am pleased to hear that you have found our staff helpful and courteous. We do have two wings in the hotel, and the rooms in both wings have been refurbished in the spring of 2012. The western wing with Superior rooms has been completely renovated and the 45 rooms are thus all new and equipped with two 100 cm wide beds plus one built-in extra bed that is 80 cm:s wide. In the eastern wing the rooms are partly refurbished: we have renewed the beds (2 x 90 cm wide), television sets and all textiles in our Standard and Family rooms. Please accept my apologies regarding the cleaning during your stay which clearly has not met our standards. Im looking forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Savoy and Mariehamn, please contact me directly before your next stay via the switchboard at +358-18-15 400.