“Wild Nights!”
Review of Sidari

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
West Midlands
14 helpful votes
“Wild Nights!”
Reviewed August 28, 2010

Just got back from Sidari with my husband. Great resort for couples, singles and Karaoke-lovers! The resort is small with one main street full of restaurants & bars. Great for a week but any longer and we would have got bored.
Bars are great but restaurants provide watered-down varieties of authentic Greek dishes (all served with chips) which was a bit disappointing. We ate out every night and none of our meals were bad, they just lacked authenticity but the resort is pretty cheap; lager 2 euros, cocktails, 3 - 5 euros and meals 5 - 10 euros on average.
Bars in the centre of Sidari stay open til 7am so if you want any sleep it's important to stay a little way out. We stayed at The Christakis Apartments which were a perfect distance away (about 5 mins walk from Sidari, 10 mins from the centre) and weren't bothered by noise at night at all.
Although Sidari is all about fun, partying and booze we didn't see any trouble at all (even though we were out til 4/5am) so it's a very safe resort.
If you're after a cheap, fun-filled week in the sun with good nightlife then Sadari is great!

1 Thank Maria5000
Toowoomba, Australia
13 helpful votes
“Hol to San Georges Apartments”
Reviewed August 17, 2010

Not long returned from a 2 week holiday to Sidari, Corfu. I was a bit aprehensive as I am not used to doing the whole package thing and it was so cheap that I had my doubts. However I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived. We stayed at the San Georges Apts about a 15 min walk into Sidari centre, the apts were lovely and the owners very friendly. It was clean and the apt itself was huge considering it was a studio so I would recommend them if your considering going. The walk into town was approx 15 mins but is completely flat so really easy to do. Sidari itself is small and very clean and consists of 1 main street with a small section in the middle with a couple of nightclubs on. There were lots of tribute acts and if you are going with children there is loads to do for them, go karting and trampolines etc and all the bars welcome them. You can also visit Canal D' Amour which is small with a few restaurants (you just turn by the 3 little pigs pub and walk for 5 mins).
If you dont like the whole brits abroad thing then this definately is not the place for you as to be honest apart from the waiters and bar staff I met very few Greek people. However the food is mainly Greek with the odd chinese/english pub dotted around.
It is only a 45 min bus ride into Corfu town though which was stunning and only £8 to visit for a few hour in the evening. It has a very Italian influence but made a nice change to Sidari as you felt like you were actually in Greece/Italy as Sidari appears to have no history whatsoever and is just a ready made holiday resort.
Do not go to Sidari if you are an avid beach person as it is not particularly clean, hard to swim, lots of rocks and you have to walk for about 5 mins for the water to get past your knees and there is more seaweed than in Wales. I love the beach so this was disappointing. However if you rent a car or a small boat (readily available on the beach) there are lots of small coves with amazing beaches that are worth visiting.
Sidari beach is also a hotspot for the young lively italians in the daytime (although I didnt see many out at night so I think they stay elsewhere) as they catch the boat from Brindisi to Corfu town.
Overall if you want a cheap 2 weeks in the sun and no cultural element just bars and a sun lounger then its the place to go. Although it is a family resort so if your 18-30 and want to party without 15 yr olds it isnt the best place to be. If you want lovely beaches then Paleokastritsa (20 mins away) is better and if you want culture then visit Corfu Town.

Norwich, United Kingdom
1 helpful vote
“Not for us”
Reviewed July 25, 2010

Sidari is a very lively British focussed resort which was not really our kind of place. The main area for bars and nightlife is known as "The Strip." Be prepared to face a barrage of leaflets from bar workers trying to attract you to their establishment. They can be quite persistant. There is alot of tribute act type entertainment which varies in quality. We enjoyed Amy Housewine (who was brilliant) and Pink however stay clear of Lady GaGa.
In terms of restuarants the 3 Little Pigs is as good as it gets but even the traditional greek food is served with chips as standard.
If you are going self catering, make sure that you take enough money with you to eat out several times as the supermarkets do not have much variety and can be extremely expensive.
We had a lovely trip to the next village on where there was a tradiional festival with lots of roast meat and dancing.
If you do decide to book any trips, be very careful. Firstly don't book with your rep - their prices can be up to triple what the local travel offices offer. Secondly, once you book a trip you will not get a refund and this includes if one of your party falls ill. When you book a trip, you will be given a place and time to wait for the coach. It is a good idea to find out what the coach will look like and what its destination will be marked as. We waited for 45 minutes for a trip and when we went to the office we were told that we had missed it. This was utter rubbish as we had been at t the meeting place on time and had not seen the any bus go past. The lady in the offcie was blatently lying but we ended up loosing our money. The company was S B travel which is located by Fagin's bar on the left side of the road if you are heading towards the strip. I would very very very strongly advise you not to book any trips with this company.
All the pools in Sidari are nice and clean and offer free sunbeds. I was very disappointed with the beaches which are crowded and dirty. It is a shame because the rock formations of the cliffs that can be seen from the water are stunning. There is also a river of what is obviously sewage running through the resort and straight into the sea via the beach. You cross this by a bridge and it stinks.
Be prepared to pay around 30-40 E a week extra for air con and take bug repellant as the mosquitoes are extremeley vicsious.
All in all if a british holiday abroad with lively entertainment is your thing then you will like Sidari. If you are after something a bit quiter and / or more traditional then book a quiter resort on this beautiful island.

1 Thank Twiglet85
Yeovil, United Kingdom
6 helpful votes
“typical English resort”
Reviewed July 22, 2010

Sidari is everything you would expect from a English tourist area. The beaches were full of sunbeds with a wide range and water sports available (You can ever hire a boat with no experience). The beaches were clean and lined with the bars and restaurants of the main strip to tend to all your needs.

The restaurants in the evening all serve English food and everything comes with chips chips and more chips and if you are lucky rice. Even the local traditional Greek dishes come with chips and rice. There is a big gap in the market for a restaurant that only serves traditional Greek food. The food and drink is very cheap a local beer 2 euros and half a liter of local wine 4 euros. English drinks such as strongbow and English beer is 3.50 euros. A starter is between 3 and 7 euros, a main between 6 and 15 euros, a desert between 1 and 5 euros. There is someone outside of every bar and restaurant trying to drag you in but they are very pleasant if you are just looking at the menu.

The entertainment consists of terrible tribute acts such as Elvis, lady GA GA, Pink and magic shows (I think you get the picture). These acts travel around the bars so don't be disappointed if you miss one as you can see them in the bar next door the following night.

There are not many sites in Sidari however care hire is very cheap from 20 euros a day and is well worth exploring the small island of Corfu. There are many shops selling tours to Corfu town for 5 euros and boat trips ect ect.

The supermarket and shops are open until 2am along the main strip and outside of these areas 12am. Bars remain open till around 4 am opening again in time for breakfast and some clubs until 7am.

The locals are very friendly and the area seemed safe. Overall its a good place if you are looking for a relaxing holiday with no culture and average food.

Anglesey, N.Wales
7 helpful votes
“Sidari 2010 - a fantastic holiday”
Reviewed July 14, 2010

Accommodation
Myself and 5 friends have just returned from a girly holiday in Sidari, Corfu. We stayed at the Theodosia apartments and studios, 2 in each room but we were all next to each other. The hotel was ideal for us - simple but comfortable, and enough space for keeping clothes/getting ready etc. Theodosia is a quiet place and therefore we didn't need to get up at 6am to place towels on sunbeds or an umberella...there were plenty of sunbeds and sometimes we felt like we had a private pool. The cleaner (who was lovely) cleaned our rooms everyday and she also gave me an extra pillow when asked. The kitchen was also handy - small and compact. The only negative point is the bathroom - such a health hazard...the floor gets VERY wet after taking a shower and it is so easy to slip, as I found out myself. The showerhead also wouldn't stay put so I had to hold it all the time. It would have also been nice if the towels were changed more often, since they were only changed once during our stay.
Excursions
We booked two trips through our rep, Clare, who was lovely and very kind. We decided to book a trip to Corfu town by night, which we thoroughly enjoyed and it was nice to have a change of scenery. We also booked to go on Theo's Boat BBQ, which was a great day that we all enjoyed. We set off on a boat to a mini island, where a BBQ was prepared and it was lovely!! We also got the opportunity to jump off the boat into the sea (But i didn't, since i can't swim!). It was a brilliant day, Theo is crazy and very lively, which made the trip very funny!
Restaurants/Bars
Even though Sidari isn't as big club-wise as Kavos, Ibiza etc, it had LOADS to offer and I wasn't disspointed at all. We ate at a different restaurant every night, my personal favourites would have to be Elysee, which had great food, the Chinese above B.E.D bar and the Greek restaurant behind IQ bar - nice food and nice people. We also went to many bars - Calypso, Bolero, IQ, Sugar. I would strongly recommend going to Calypso and Sugar - lively places with plenty of dancing and reasonable deals aswell (buy a drink get a fish bowl/shots for free!). My favourite place was Cocktails and Dreams - at the end of the main strip opposite IQ bar. Run by a father and son, it had great music, great cocktails and I had so much fun every time I went there. A great place which I have very fond memories of.

My holiday to Sidari was amazing, really enjoyed it and I am already longing to go back next year.

2 Thank ReeeeeelBoi

Been to Sidari? Share your experiences!