“Great holiday in Loxides apts.,Sidari...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Loxides Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sidari
Loxides Apartments
Ranked #12 of 72 Specialty Lodging in Sidari
Slough,Berks
“Great holiday in Loxides apts.,Sidari...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2010

We are again staying at the Loxides this year (2010) 4 the 1st 2 wks of Aug.The last 2 yrs hav been great n thats why we go back.The rooms are nice n spacious,even the studios I think.The cleaners do a wonderful job,so I can't understand what other reviewers are on about.Mayb they just caught them on a bad day...The pool's nice as is the bar (that cud b abit more liverlier thou!!!).What we like is that it is a closed complex n they don't let anyone on unless they are staying there.It always feels very safe and our 2 kids can play safely.The bathroom is basic but that's what u get in Greece.It does us 2 kids,2 adults n a OAP aged 71.The kitchen is quite adequate also,but we eat out all the time anyway.Yannis n Rochelle who run it r luvly n can't do enuff 4 u.That's what we find anyway.It's in a great location,nr the beach,canal d'mour,bars,restaurants and the main strip.What more do u want.Yes there r mossies n wasps but again ur in a foreign country (WHAT DO U EXPECT)U can b bitten to hell in Scotland n I no where I'd rather be thank u.....Loxides is great as is Sidari n Corfu.Beautiful island.This yr will b r 9th yr going n that says sumthing.I think sum people r just toooooo fussy.If u want the best go 2 the Ritz in London n spend a bloody fortune.....with probably rubbish weather.Wud recommend it 2 anyone.Thank you.....

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank Jesseche

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Windsor, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2010

My Boyfriend and I stayed at the Loxides in July 2009. We had a great holiday and loved the apartments. We found our room to be very comfortable although you will need the Air con in the height of the summer as it is boiling. There was plenty of space, a nice balcony and the kitchen and bathroom were perfectly ok for a Greek apartment.

The pool area and pool bar is very nice and the pool is a nice size. We liked the fact that it never really got that busy so we could just chill out, have a snack from the bar or a beer which was all very reasonalby priced.

One word of warning is the Mosquito's from the river next to the apartments. I have never been bitten so much and I am a regular to Greece. I took some mossie spray with me from Boots and when I was using that I was ok, apparantly because it has Beet in. When I ran out and bought the local stuff I got bitten like hell. I would suggest taking a massive bottle from the UK. Don't get me wrong, it didn't ruin our holiday I could have just done without it!!

The location of the apartments is great. It is opposite the beach (not the best beach) but it is in easy walking distance to Canal d'amour and all the beaches around that area. We found a lovely beach a bit further along past the engligh pubs if you turn left out of the Loxides down a side road and past the windmill. Very quiet, secluded and sunny. You will find it easily as it is sign posted.

There are many great Taverna's and restuarants nearby too. The smaller More Greek Taverna's are much nicer and cheaper.

If my boyfriend and I decide to go to Sidari again we would quite happily stay at Loxides.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Cheshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2009

Room 401 The Apartment was very dark. Had to have the lights on at all times.Bed sheets had holes in them, the blankets were torn and thead bear. The bathroom/ toilet had a light over the sink otherwise no light what so ever. No window in bathroom,only a small opening 450mmx150mm which had mess, so when it rained the water came through onto the bathroom floor which then became slippery. Towels etc had seen the best and should have been renewed. The cleaners (did"nt) only changed the beds and towels. These are rated as 3.5* never in amonth of sundays should only be rated in my opinion as maybe 1*5. Also the rooms damp as they never get any sun on them. Rained most of the time, which ment had to have the heating on most of the night. When you left the room you had to remove the eletric fob with the key, which ment no electric in the room.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Herts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2009

Appts were very clean and gardens well presented. Whether by the pool or the nearby beach we all had a great time.
Close to bars and tavernas for the evenings, I would thoroughly recommend Loxides to all that visit Sidari

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2009

I went to Loxides with a friend, we were looking for a relaxing break away which was far enough away from evening noise but near enough to be able to go to the pubs entertainment etc if we wanted. This is exactly what we got!

The service was very good the staff were always smiling and very pleasant. They were there to serve you, and to help you when you needed anything. They were not pushy and let you get on with your holiday!

We had a 1 bedroom apartment which was quite big! it slept up to 4, was cleaned everyday and had the essentials in it. There was also a large balcony.

Location was also very good. As mentioned before it was far enough from night life to not hear it when you are in bed but near enough to walk into it. Lots of restaurants, little shops etc.... Loxides was right next to the beach (free sunbeds) which is handy and a short walk away there is a smaller beach which is very pretty.

Pool is very clean and we found a sunbed everyday; there wasnt a big rush to get them like some other places i have experienced.

I enjoyed this holiday very much, and in honestly there is not a thing we didnt enjoy!

This hotel had many different visitors, young families... friends... couples... !

Just to add, it is a 2/3 star apartments so please do not expect the Ritz!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Ilfracombe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2008

Ok,
so i have read the comments on trip advisor and was willing to keep an open mind in relation to comments made about Loxides Apts. Good and bad.

So my opinion is as follows:
The studios are typically greek, twin beds, hand held shower and basic kitchenette.

The landscaped gardens are immaculately kept and there are enough sunbeds to go around.

The pool is cleaned on a daily basis which yianis (The accomodation manager) takes care of.

The bar offers a basic snack bar menu with internet access and sky for those not wanting to miss out on footie and rugby.

My only critisism would be the cleaning wasn't typically greek (Immaculate) however, i was later to find out that all but one of the cleaners are british and without wishing to offend, having lived in Greece as a tour operator, i know first hand that greek cleaners have very high standards.

The beach was just 50mtrs and there was restaurants enough to suite everyone's tastes.

Loxides is away from the main sidari strip situated next to a river and in a quiet location. I recommend this accomodation to couples, families and those travelling alone.
I don't recommend it for party animals and 18-30s etc.

Enjoy Katie

• Liked — pool
  • Disliked — cleanliness of rooms
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank DevonKate83