“Simply fantastic!!!!”

Sidari Water Park Hotel
Ranked #6 of 39 Hotels in Sidari
“Simply fantastic!!!!”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I stayed at the Sidari Water Park with my wife, my sister and her partner in June for two weeks. The hotel in general was fantastic. The rooms were spacious, clean with modern decor. The pool, reception and bar area was spotless and without fault.

The food at Sidari from our experience was absolutely out of this world. Every meal we had was fantastic and superb value. The chef, Maria deserves all the credit given!!!

The staff were so attetentive to us during our stay, we were simply blown away. Firstly, Dimitris what a gentleman!!! His level of service, professionalism and "all round nice guy attitude" made the holiday so special for us. He continually went that extra mile for us along with Natasha, Alexandra, Florian and Mikey. All of which did everything possible to make sure we enjoyed our stay.

In summary, the hotel ticks all the necessary boxes with the food, rooms, service, cleanliness all to a very high standard. We will all be back next year!!!

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank JasonVVands

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Greek first
Worcs
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We stayed elsewhere but this hotel offer the use of their pool and slides.
Great VFM, 5 euros each for the day or 10 euros each for the duration of your holiday. If your party doesn't suit going to the main large water park - this is an ideal alternative.
Lovely clean, welcoming pool. Good service and the food was great too.

Room Tip: Even if you don't stay here - go and visit it anyway.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Mk F
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We spent one week at this hotel. Food & service was amazing and we definately come back!
Rooms are so clean and the cleaners are frienly with all the costumers.The water slides are nice and we spent a lot of time playing.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Helen A
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I just returned from holidays to sidariwaterpark hotel.we are a family from sweeden which stayed at 310 room semi floor with pool view . My family and I spent 10 fabulous nights at the hotel .all the other reviews are to be believed that is a paradise for holidays for families, except some bad reviews which are probably fake . The service was way beyond expectations. The staff at sidariwaterpark hotel know what they are doing ti satisfy their customers. We took half board option nd was the best choice for us, very economic and we had breakfast from a huge buffet with variety of dishes and also the dinner was absolutely perfect close to the pool. I had the opportunity to be in a Greek night and was the best in the area with professional dancers, local customs and a program more than 3 hours became our stay at Greek night so so so amazing. Food,service, accommodation make our stay here q most memorable experience. I wish that I will go back once time.

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank akabi
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Sidariwaterpark hotel is absolutely perfect. We just go back from sidariwaterpark and already miss this place. Everyone was friendly and very helpfully at the hotel. Watersides , food and the location made this hotel my favourite destination . It was fantastic. I will really recommend it in everyone .

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Swto
Oslo
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I had read alot of reviews prior to my visit. I figured that so many people could't be wrong... Well. I will not say it is a poor hotel, but it is definitively overrated in tripadvisor. I believe alot of the positive comments came from people who had happy kids, and well, kids aren't usually critics.

The slides definitely needs maintenance work. It actually hurts to go down them, because they are rough around the edges to say the least. My boyfriend scratched his elbow on them. Looks to be bought 20years ago and just left alone for the same period of time. A shame, since they actually charge people to use them as well. I also think the pool in front on the slides are to shallow. I hit both my head and back coming out of them. The pools are clean and is cleaned every day. always sun beds available, but way too few umbrellas. They were fastened and always taken.
Air-con was a nice investment, €30 for one week, €50 for two, and I found that to be reasonable when comparing to other hotels.
Wi-fi on the other hand was terrible, luckily it did not cost much, €10 for unlimited use the entire holiday. Not free as you may think. And we stayed in the building on the other side of the pool and the connection was terrible.

And to the rooms. We had a 2 room ap. which was ok for two. The bathroom is like others have said, very small. The doors in the shower cabinet is both hard to close and hard to open! And tiny. The "kitchen" is a joke. I don't use it, but I can't ignore the fact that it was poor. No brush to wash with, and the housekeeper didn't wash either. Two glasses, one whine glass, two cups and two plates. the tv is ancient, tiny and had very bad reception. The balcony is small, but big enough for two if you don't move around :) and nice view of the pool:)
A huge minus is the slippery tiles. Both in the rooms and by the pool! Be careful!
Beds are good, but the extra bed is hard as h...
And to the cleaning. It was clean when we got here. And it was cleaned every day, but big minus again, towels are changed every third or even fourth day!!, sheets twice a week. Cannot believe they don't change towels more often. Should be changed every day or every second day at the max. I put my towel on the floor after two days use. When we came back the same towel was folded and put in the chair. Unbelievable. The public bathroom however was nasty. Urin on the floor, on the seat, everywhere. And it was the women's bathroom! They barely check it, I kept an eye on it. Too bad. And the shower was in the men's rooms. We tried to get late check out, but it wasn't possible. Huge disappointment since our pick up wasn't until 9:30pm! (I'm waiting for pick up as we speak) But that's not their fault of course, we saw several new people come at 1pm.

We hadn't ordered breakfast, half board or anything and I'm very glad we didn't. The food at the hotel is awful. We ate dinner here twice, and lunch a couple of times. Very bad food. And it was sad, because some of staff are very nice. And mark my words, SOME of the staff. I really liked Natascha and Alexandra, others were borderline rude. And I would like to advise you from going to the greek night. Why pay when you get it for free elsewhere? And it can't possible be worse anywhere else either, we wasted our night on it. Dancers were amateurs I'd say, and not much fun.

Sidari in itself is an ok town. But I will never go back, I promise I've gotten at least 50-60 mosquito bites in total in the two weeks we were there. But hey, mosquitos like me, my boyfriend got none! So if you're prone to mosquito bites, you might want to go somewhere else. The beach in Sidari isn't very nice, you should go elsewhere. When we came to the hotel I was pleasantly surprised by the prices in the restaurant, but it was cheaper in Sidari. I would like to recommend two restaurants; Memories, very cheap in comparison to other restaurants, good food and friendly staff. Second, Panchos Villa which is a Mexican restaurant. A bit more pricy, but crazy good food. Both in the Sidari strip, located a cross of each other. We went on a couple of excursions, Albania, horse riding, Aqualand and Corfu town. Aqualand was great fun, Albania was a waste of time, horse riding ok, corfu town was way to hot. Remember to always book by local companies!!! Eg. our charter company wanted €39 for Aqualand, we paid €24! Bus and entry!

If you've booked your trip don't be scared, but if what I've mentioned is important/not important find somewhere else:)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ceelya
Newmarket, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my two children from 26/7 until 2/8 this year.

After a very long transfer - 2 1/4 hrs from airport (which should have been 45 mins) we were greeted by the very nice owner and shown to our room and shown how everything worked by Adriana, ( (very lovely lady).

The rooms were extremely clean and very stylish and modern with air conditioning, tv, kitchenette and bathroom etc.

The pools are great with plenty of sunbeds for everyone, greek night & pool party nights were very good. Sidari had a nice beach with the usual water sports. The Sidari Strip was the usual bars shops etc.

We spent most of our time relaxing by pool during the day as it was so hot and didn't venture out to the beach much.

Half Board: Breakfast was buffet style and adequate. The usual eggs, bacon, sausages, beans, toast, with continental options, lovely greek yoghurt, greek pastries, and cereal. Evening Meal was 3 courses and choose from menu, waiter service and lovely food!

My son had a bit too much sun one day and couldn't come out one evening, the staff made sure that he still had his evening meal. Thank you Natasha!

All of the staff were a credit to the hotel & their hospitality was extremely good. They were so friendly and welcoming and made our stay completely enjoyable! All of the maids were also friendly and always cleaning and kept the rooms immaculate.

Such a big thank you to everyone at the Sidari Water Park Hotel! the owner Nikos, The Chef, Adriana, Alexandra, Natasha, Dimitris, Florian and the Lifeguard.

Thank you for such a lovely holiday, we will be back again next year!

x Lorraine, Sam and Chloe

Room Tip: All rooms face pool area I think
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Lorraine621
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sidari
Aqualand Resort
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,945 reviews
Corfu Andromeda
Corfu Andromeda
#3 of 39 in Sidari

Been to Sidari Water Park Hotel? Share your experiences!