“Better than expected”

Ranked #38 of 41 Hotels in Sidari
Wigan, United Kingdom
“Better than expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2010

My partner read the reviews after I booked the holiday and was a little worried. Upon arrival though we were very pleasantly surprised. The room was one of the biggest we have stayed in in Sidari and was very clean, modern and well maintained. The location is great but we already know we prefer this area, Canal D'Amour. Negatives (for us): The pool is quite small and we did go in 'Italian Week' so it was a little noisy and crowded at times; Canal D'Armour was fairly quiet this year so some might consider these apartments out of the way. Positives (again for us): Large room with great balcony view; good amenities such as Tennis Court; helpful staff particularly the cleaner who cleaned the room daily and even washed up despite it not being her job.

Admittedly we might not book here again because after six years in ther resort we now know will will book Tondoris, just down from Summertime, but this place gets a very positive vote from us

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
6 Thank sportyrich2000

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2010

My friend and I stayed in Summertime Apts in May 2008. We have been to a few Greek Islands and know that the accommodation is very basic. However we felt this was the worst we had stayed in.

We had a very small bathroom which was full of flying ants for the first couple of days. I found a 'beastie' in my bed on the first night. The place was kept clean but everthing looked dirty and out of date.
The two chairs in the living area which turned into beds looked grubby. Thankfully we didn't need to use them as beds, only as chairs. However we had to use our extra blankets to cover the chairs before we would sit on them.
The bedroom was a good size and had a big built in wardrobe, but we had to clean the shelves before we put our clothes in it.
There was minimal decoration, the walls concrete blocks painted.

On a positive note the pool area was lovely and never crowded. They served lovely snacks at lunchtime and the staff were very friendly. A couple of times a week there was singing entertainment at the bar which was good. The brochure said there was mini golf but this was not available (it looked like it hadn't been used for years).

Would recommend Apotripiti beach which is a short walk along to the left and also taking the local bus to Kassiopi.
We did the Parga/Paxos trip which was great and the Island Highlights Tour (however on this one it took another 2 hours to pick everyone up after we got on the coach before the tour began - so a long day)

Would return to Corfu but not to this apts.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank PippyDoodles
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2009

Well, what can I say about the Summertime Aparthotel? This is a family site so I shall try to refrain myself from expletives.

My family have stayed in Sidari before. We like the Canal D'Amour area and were excited to be returning there this year. What a let down.

When we arrived, we were shown to our room. Very basic, but we're used to the Greek accomodation, so were unconcerned about the fact that everything was a little worn. I was worried when I saw the shower as the electric wires were hanging out of the wall. When I pointed this out the woman just said "no problem" and bashed them back into the wall with the heel of her hand.

The apartment was *filthy*. The bathroom reeked (to such an extent that we went straight to the supermarket and bought bleach and cleaning products) and the floor blackened the soles of our feet in moments. We stayed for a week and the toilet bin was not changed daily. I mean, really, that is totally unacceptable when you consider that no toilet paper can be flushed in the toilets. The shower curtain was growing some kind of culture, and was completely ineffective at keeping the water in the shower tray. The bathroom was permanantly soaked. (I thank God that we didn't slip over in there as I think the shower curtain mould may well have eaten us while we were lying on the floor.)

There is no entertainment (not a big deal for us, as we're not really into all that) but worse than that is the fact that if you do go into the bar area, you are made to feel like a nuisance. The family sit around a table watching the TV, when they're not screaming at one another that is. I was ill one day and we decided to eat at the pool area. Suffice it to say that I did not feel any better after the, frankly, DREADFUL food. (and it wasn't cheap) I'm not a dreadful moany person (read the rest of my reviews) and am prepared to put up with a lot, but this place really was beyond the pale.

On a positive note, the pool was nice, and very quiet. My family actually had the place to ourselves on a couple of occasions. I do need to point out that we were staying in the "Luisa Apartments" which are behind and sort of part of the Summetime complex. I can't really explain it very well, but all I can say is...Don't book to stay here. It's horrible.*

*The apartments that is. The canal D'Amour is lovely and the beach is great for kids.

• Stayed August 2009
1 Thank FearOfFlyingLondon

Travelers are raving about these Sidari hotels

Huddersfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2009

I took my partner on holiday to Sidari, to see the canal d'amour in May, and we stayed at the Summertime Hotel, booked through Thomas Cook for one week.

We arrived at some silly hour in the morning to be greeted by Sebastian the Hotel manager, who despite it being 5am in the morning and being faced with around 30 guests all tired and grumpy, he was in great spirits and made us all feel welcome instantly.

The room was cosy, with two single beds usually the case all over Greece!, and a Sofa.
A nice big built in wardrobe, which was handy and a lovely big balcony, there was also a fridge and cooking facilities, not that we planned to use them as we enjoy eating out on holiday! There was also a Tv in the room with a few English channels, but again we wouldnt be watching much telly either, much more entertaining things to do in Sidari.

So onto the first night, we went to the Summertime Bar, which is just as you go into the hotel, and met Marios, who was very friendly and to be honest really made the holiday a good time, we got to meet his mother and father, cousins, brother, sisters and friends and we really felt part of the community.

The bar would stay open for as long as you liked and all of the guests built up a good rapport together and we have a few friends from the trip back at home now, it really is ideal for children, couples and families.

We spent the end of every night in the bar with Marios, who is probably the nicest guy you will ever meet on holiday and he would do anything for you.

The pool was a good size with lots of sunbeds and there was also a childrens pool just off to the side and with the Bar servicing the pool with a range of Ice Creams, Pizza, Crisps and Sandwiches and of course Beer for the lads you could quite easily spend all day just by the pool.

We then met Niko the Bar manager, who was a very pleasant man who was only too pleased to help and he reccomended a few local restaurants to try out some traditional Greek food, all of which were Excellent not only in Quality but also in Price.

The room was cleaned daily by a lovely lady and was kept spotless, with Towels changed regulary and the beds made everyday along with mopping the floor and balcony.

This really was an excellent Holiday and I couldn't reccomend it any higher, We enjoyed it so much that we went again in July, just two months after our first visit and I have already booked our return trip!! (NO not next year) This year October for 10 days!!

So 3 trips in one year says how much we enjoyed it!

We are also going again in July next year for the Wedding of our friends, who were recently engaged and they also fell in love with the Summertime Hotel and Sidari in General.

It really is a welcoming and beautiful place and If you were considering a Holiday anywhere to Greece this year make it the Summertime and maybe we will see you there!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank justin_eaton
Newcastle England
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2009

Stayed for two weeks sep 08, The Family who run the hotel are lovely but thats all it has going for it, I think 5-6 years ago this place was fantastic, but now it might aswell be shut!It was like a ghost-town, none of the facillities were open, so everyone staying ther just got up, got ready and went out, presumably for as many hours of the day as possible, all facilities closed or in diss-repair, rooms not cleaned enough, nothing going on, we complained when we got home as the brochure promises you allsorts, had an on going battle for months and eventually got £80.00 back, most annoying thing is the hotel has been on a downslide for at least 3 seasons and the tour operators are still advertising all this wonderfullness it has to offer knowing the description is totaly in-accurate!!! if youre a couple looking for peace and relaxation then go, if youre young or have children or even like the thoughts of seeing other human beings on holiday then DONT. Have to also say Sidari was the most extortionately expensive resort i have ever been to and i didnt know there were that many mosquitoes in the world!!!!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
LIVERPOOL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2009

Me my wife and her brother in law with his wife and our children we decided, to go for holidays at Summertime Hotel because of the entertainment and facilities for the children as they advertise in the brochure.
Unfortunally we have been disappointed from our choice.
They have no facilities at all. No receptionist, no cleaning staff, and no entertainment at all.
They do not serve food at all; the bar is closing at 23:00. Many people have complained during our stay, because they had only once a week line changing.
I went to the reception to ask some more towels and we saw the receptionist crying. We asked her what happened and she said to us that the owner’s wife started shouting at her for no reason. The next day we saw the owner’s wife shouting at my son (5 years old). I asked her why she was shouting at my son and she replied to me that "the boy was throwing water in the grass".
I believe is the worst holidays we ever had.
My wife doesn't even want to go to Corfu again which is a beautiful island. We paid a lot of money for this holiday. WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY.
DEFENTLY HOLIDAYS FROM HELL.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
7 Thank HOLIDAYMAKER040
london
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2009

Me and my wife and 2 our kids, we stayed at summertime hotel for 14 days.
Even though in the brochure they state entertainment, BBQ, and many children's activities, they have nothing. No food to eat, the bartender Nikos said to us that it was the owner’s decision for this year not to open the kitchen because of his finance. It is not our problem. We paid a lot of money to tell us to go and eat outside. In the morning we saw some Germans eating breakfast in the hotel so we asked if we can eat as well, but they told us that they had already paid for it and there is nothing they can do for it. What a professional way? No entertainment at all. The bar was closing at 22:00 o'clock. The hotel was like a ghost after 21:00. We decided one day to visit the town and we went to the reception to ask more information aprox. 21:00. Instead of the receptionist we found a note saying, the reception after 21:00 is closed. They cleaned our room 2 times during our 2 weeks staying. Some people they were staying next to us they said that when they go back in UK they will ask refund.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Traveller1956London
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sidari
Alexandros
Angelina's Hotel & Apartments
Eleni Family Apartments
Eleni Family Apartments
#28 of 41 in Sidari

Been to Summertime Hotel Apartments? Share your experiences!