Katsaros
Eleni Family Apartments(Sidari)(Great Value!)
$47
Alkyon Hotel(Sidari)
  • Pool
Olgas Hotel(Sidari)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsnext yeara wonderful holidayfamily run apartmentsquiet locationthese apartmentscouldn't do enoughbend over backwardspool barbbq nightfriendly placemain stripsun loungersgreek nightariscorfuassosloads
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We have holidayed in Sidari, Corfu 4 times over the last few years, but this was our first stay at Katsaros self catering apartments but certainly won't be our last. My husband and I enjoyed 2 weeks here in July '14 and were made to feel very welcome from the minute we arrived, we were shown to our room which was clean and tidy with maid service every other day, which included clean sheets and towels. The pool is spotless and cleaned regularly, there are plently of sun loungers for everyone and loads of sun! Fotis and his wife Vasso couldn't do enough to help, both my husband and I are vegetarian/vegan and they were more than happy to provide us with vegetarian alternatives to their set menu. Vasso even cooked us a special greek roasted vegetable dish, not on the menu, which was gorgeous.The food is freshly cooked and extremely tasty, others have said they felt obliged to eat there but we never felt under any pressure, some times we ate at the bar, sometimes we cooked in our room and other times we ate out, we were never treated any differently or made to feel guilty. We hired bikes and a scooter and explored Corfu and Fotis was extremely helpful when we asked him which beaches were the best to visit and which was the best way to get there etc. The location is a short 10 minute walk from the beaches and Sidari town, sunset beach is a must to visit. All in all we had a very pleasant, enjoyable stay at Katsaros and will definitely be booking to stay there again, we were made to feel part of the family, nothing was too much trouble. The cleaning lady (sorry don't know her name), Gill the cook, Faye & Christina the bar ladies are all lovely people and happy to help.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Adie32
Reviewed July 12, 2014

This isn't a hotel... They are apartments that are basic and do need a bit more attention to cleaning!! The pool is well kept and there are plenty of sun loungers for everyone.
The noise from the bar can be a bit too much at night and keep you awake.
Fortis is very friendly but as others have said it makes you feel obliged to stay there and spend money rather than go and explore! We also heard him talking about visitors to other visitors which was not very nice, and we felt we had to be careful what we said. Having said that he and his wife always seemed friendly and obliging. The food was good value for money and was tasty. We had a car so we could look around the island. It's a beautiful place to explore. Not sure I would choose these apartments again, would have to think about it .. though they are in a good location, just a nice stroll from the centre of Sidari... ( Avoid it's awful bars!! )

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Me and my girlfriend had 8 nights here at Katsoras Apartments and had a very lovely holiday however hotel could have been a lot better. When we first arrived the room wasn't ready which wasn't much of a problem as we just bought a drink and waited in the bar. We were greeted by Fortis' wife but she wasn't too sure on how to make the cocktails which was also the case for another bar lady there. Also at one point I wanted to surprise my girlfriend at the pool with a nice drink and chose the Katsaros special which costed a lot of money. At one point I paid 9 euros for a drink. I also felt like at times, prices were made on the spot as some prices varied.

The room was very basic which is what we paid for. Could have been cleaner as there was spider webs in all of the cupboards and walls which made it feel dirty. However it didn't bother us too much as we were out most days. There was old towels and mismatching cutlery but we wasn't really bothered.

Fortis and his family were nice and welcoming at first but similarly to the review before hand we felt like we should've stayed around the apartments and at the bar more often which made us feel bad and awkward when we left. As there were mainly returning customers we felt that it wasn't as welcoming as it could have been. We never felt particularly safe as our neighbor had money taken, along with our toilet role and our lilo. The pool and bar was very nice and the bbq was very good.

The best part of the hotel was the location it was in. For holiday goers who want to explore the town rather than just the hotel/apartment then this apartment is a very good choice however be prepared to feel bad about leaving instead of staying. Its a short walk to the beach (10 mins) and to the town (10 mins) which was perfect for us as we explored a lot of Sidari.

Overall good location, but not very welcoming. Would return to Sidari but not Katsoras Apartments as it is very much for returning families/couples who want to stay at the apartment all of their holiday.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ryan T T
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Just home from a two week holiday here had a fantastic time. Fotis is brilliant nothings to much trouble for him everyone is like family to him. The food is fantastic not enough nights to eat all what I wanted to eat . Had a fantastic greek night loads of food dancing what more could you ask for.i was so sad to go home can't wait for my next visit to see fotis and his lovely family x

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stopped here for 11 nights with my husband and 3 children, on arrival like everyone else we were greeted by Fotis and his family and given a drink on the house! Bar/ eatery was great but then we went to apartment!

Let's just say it was tidy but no where near clean, you had crap all over your feet if you walked round bear footed! We always kept something on out feet.
Then came the shower room toilet! YAK YAK YAKETY YAK!!!! The bin where you put toilet paper was filthy, pedal never worked as you can't flush toilet paper in Corfu!
Was like a wet room, the tap was constantly on as it would not turn off, the floor was always wet.
Therefore when you walked out of bathroom onto filthy floors it made a mess! I put a towel outside the door but with three kids it was hard keeping up telling them to wipe their feet on the way out of the bathroom!

The towels just looked like what holiday makers had left in 1980, I kid you not, you definitely wouldn't be sneaking one in your suitcase to take home!
The beds were horrible, rock hard mattress, horrendous pillows and the double bed we were in stank of damp and the pillows also stank! Sheets were not changed for the whole 11 nights and were nowhere near white! We also had some like flower power sleeping king of bag quilt, it was just awful!

The kitchen was dirty too, I went and got anti bac wipes and gave it a clean, only had 2 plates one of which were cracked for 5 people!

Fotis is a nice guy, but I felt like you couldn't walk out without buying drinks or eating there! We read about his great BBQ! Asked for medium rare steak it was so over done my husband and I struggled to cut it! 2 .50 euro for a can of pop, only 2.10 for 6 cans of Pepsi in supermarket, 5 euro for kopperberg, I like my vodka but the 2 nights I had it I was ill.

We booked this holiday as per reading trip advisor reviews, I cannot believe people keep going back there, of coarse he acts like your best friend as he wants your money! To us he seemed overly nice! After 3 nights we were actually talking about getting an early flight home!

Just to clarify I have been to Corfu 5 times and I know typical Greek apartments are a tad old fashioned but this was dyer!! If you offered to pay for my flights and a free holiday I would say thanks but no thanks!!!

On a lighter note the pool area is lovely as is the Lady that cooks in the kitchen!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family