“A good value for money hotel”
Review of Sellas Hotel

Sellas Hotel
Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in Sidari
Bristol, United Kingdom
“A good value for money hotel”
Reviewed February 25, 2011

Very good hotel value for money nice and quite location with only a short walk to the lively strip.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 15, 2011

We stayed in the sellas over the july period of 2010, it has everything you need , friendly staff, basic rooms, a nice little bar, good poolside food, nice (small) pool area but a fantastic location. The beach is a matter of 30 seconds walk away and the main bars and restaurants are within a minute walking distance!! If you want a relaxing holiday with a great location than this is the place to stay as most other hotels in the area from eye view dont top this!! All in all a good stay !!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Barnehurst,Kent
Reviewed October 13, 2010

My partner and me checked in around 5am in the morning along with a mother and her daughter. He made us fill out forms and proceeded to show us to our rooms, now bearing in mind the time dragging your suit cases around the swimming pool makes a great deal of noise for other residents which is something you need to be aware off.
Mosquitoes are a major problem in Sidari and is worth investing in creams etc. before heading out there.

The room itself is basic but clean but what do you want for that price, the shower tray was too small which will cause flooding. The tv is mounted quite high up with only two english channels.

Location is pretty good with access to the main strip within 5-10 mins walk, but far enough away so that you wont experience any noise if you fancy an early night. As you walk out onto the strip, you may notice Jeni's cake shop...I suggest you pop in, the cakes are amazing, they have WI-FI access and Jeni is very friendly and welcoming.

Car hire is pretty easy and quite reasonable...getting round the Island is pretty straight forward with no problems. If you're looking for lots of nightclubs and 'aving it large Sidari probably isnt the best location, however if you're looking for a few nice bars really good resturants this might be up your street.

The beach can get quite busy and you maybe pestered by people wanting to give you massages or others trying to sell you pirate dvds.

We took a trip into Corfu Town which we found a little expensive which was no great surprize, the resturant we tried was a bit more pricey which you'd expect in there Capital. I managed to find the first ever Taverna my partner and me went to 11 years earlier with the same owner running it which was nice.

To summerise, for a clean basic hotel with no frills but good location Sellas is fine. If you can get round the island is very picturesque. Enjoy!

1 Thank darrencotta
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2010

Hotel is in a quiet location within very easy strolling distance to beaches, restaurants and Bars in this busy resort. Room was 'Standard Greek' and very clean with no problems at all. Food in Bar/Pool area was superb and great value for money. I would have no hesitation in staying here again if I went back to Sidari.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MackemDad1958
Ruislip, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2010

I was going to take a bit of time to compile my review but having read the review entitled ‘Awful’ by 1234186402 felt it necessary to quickly post something on here in defence of the Sellas. We were a couple who had a week on our own at the Sellas and were joined in the 2nd week by our 18 year old daughter and friend. All I can say is do not just take my word for it read all the reviews for this season alone and I think you will see a general pattern develop. The staff George, Mario and Mimosa were a dream, I did think Mario was a bit ignorant to start with but soon learnt he had not been well for a while and was on medication. Once back on form was always busy and had a good sense of humour. The rooms are basic but look what you are paying compared to other venues. The shower was powerful and had a shower curtain which in Greece is quite unique. The pool was always clean and great for the kids however a word of warning, the Lion’s share of it was deep water which descended steeply. Breakfast was ample if not spectacular, snacks at the hotel were good but I would not suggest that it is ideal for evening meals as there are far too many quality eating venues less than 5 minutes walk away. It is ideally placed for the restaurants and bars during the night and the beach etc during the day. The main Sidari strip is overloaded with too many bars for the size of the resort and many struggle for custom. That being said we found various lively places, and during our stay saw a number of quality ‘Tribute’ singing performances. I would suggest that the resort is really more suited to families and couples as although there were groups of girls, young British guys seemed to be very thin on the ground. The beach is long and sandy and has loads of nice bar/restaurants that back onto it. There were a variety of different groups there, young, middle aged and mature couples, families, as well as pairs of girls (no boys), the majority of which seemed to mingle quite well. Paul the Thomson rep was excellent, especially as I believe this was his first season doing the job. Mosquitos!!!! I will give a warning on this subject. We like many arrived at the hotel about 4am and on entering our room was aware straight away of the little so and so’s in the room. Tired and a bit clammy we would have been ideal targets, however we took time to rub on the repellent, plug in the electric mosie tablet and give the room a spray, a habit we kept up and stayed relatively bite free. Others we saw were badly bitten on their first night as they were not prepared to fight fire with fire with them. Not sure who the couple were who wrote the ‘awful’ review however I have my suspicions. Was never advertised as a luxury venue, and we will seriously consider going there if for no other reason for the charm of the staff. Did I mention Pascali the puppy? Cute is an understatement!!!

3 Thank Scarletfez
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2010

We are a young couple who stayed at Sellas late August 2010. Worst hotel ever! Arrogant staff, no welcome or even a hello when we passed them. Room was disgusting, tatty furniture, dirty and ripped sheets, smelly shower curtain, small insects seen crawling on tiles on various occasions. Terrible shower, suitable for a child only. Loud fridge and doors of other rooms kept us awake at night. Bad views. Air conditioning cost us 35 euros extra and the hotel were unable to sort out any problems for us. Awful. We just don't want other people to have to experience it to be honest.

2 Thank 1234186402
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 19, 2010

I was a little concerned about my holiday having read some of the reviews on here but I have to say that I really enjoyed it. I found this hotel to be one of the better ones that I have stayed in whilst visiting Greece, yes it is basic and the shower is rubbish but it is Greece and to be honest its no worse than any other shower I have used whilst there. The hotel is in a great location and is friendly and welcoming. The pool is clean and child friendly and Marios and Mimosa are lovely. Out Thomson rep Paul was fantastic, he was not in your face all the time but was always there is you needed him, he had it exactly right. There is a gravel path to get to the hotel but it didn't wreck our luggage and its not even that bad, plus its lit up at night! The only complaint I do have is the beds are not particularly comfy, but for the price I paid I didn't care, and the walls are paper thin which meant not much sleep especially when the family from hell arrived 4 days into the holiday!

1 Thank dalmatian186411