Stayed 9 - 17 September 2013
Perfectly placed right next to the Canal D'Amour and only a ten minute walk to the main strip in Sidari.
A few of the not so good things:
1. We arrived very early morning. Booked into the room without a problem.
Then they came; I was the main course for the mosquitos. Yep, I know they are a problem throughout Corfu and that's why I recommend an electrical mosquito thing that emits a scent that puts them off. It was 5 am or our arrival so no nearby shops open etc. Once we bought one it reduced the bites to only a few over the week. Cost €7.
2. Air con; Not powerful enough or cold enough. Room was only slightly cool and I still sweated over the night without covers. Cost €40.
3. (Minor point) It was out of peak season so there was only one night of entertainment. However step outside the hotel and there's a whole resort buzzing for you to choose from.
4. (Minor point) For those that like their TV there are only 3 channels and they're pretty crap.
Not that we cared as weren't in long enough. Too much to do.
Now the good and important stuff:
1. All the staff were excellent, always smiling, courteous and helpful.
2. Cleanliness of the hotel, rooms, restaurant and pool was spot on.
3. Restaurant wasn't over priced on food or drinks.
4. Our shower was hot and powerful. Just what was need after a adventurous day out and getting ready for the night.
5. Our room was cleaned every day with the linen and towels changed every other day.
6. The Rock Night!
A live band with talented musicians. Worth seeing even if you're not staying in the hotel. Best night of our holiday!
1. Take a mosquito zapper if you are due to arrive early or if not get one as soon as you arrive.
2. Quad bike; We hired one for 3 days and toured the northern part of the island to see:
Sunset Beach, San Stefanos, St Georges Bay, Paleokastritsas, Roda, Kassiopi, Mount Pantokrator and Corfu Town to name a few.
We did this on roads, tracks, through woods, anything to see some stunning views.
Bike from Top Gear in Roda.
Cost €110 for a 350cc. (You may get it cheaper) Fuel €30
3. Baby wipes and dog/nappy bags if you don't like the smell from the toilet bin.
4. Sailing for 3 hours from the Yellow Boat Co, Sidari.
Visit beaches and areas that you wouldn't be able to get to.
Cost €70 for a 25bhp boat.
5. Go to The Rock Night!!
We had a great holiday because we saw other things that Northern Corfu has to offer.
A great base would be, and was for us, the Kanali Hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Kanali Aparthotel Sidari
- Kanali Aparthotel Hotel Sidari
- Kanali Hotel - Apartments Sidari, Corfu