“I don't know why everyone is complaining ??”

Cyprotel Corfu Panorama
Ranked #21 of 39 Hotels in Sidari
“I don't know why everyone is complaining ??”
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

You get what you pay for... I personally found this hotel lovely.
Our room was very nice and kept clean the staff where fantastic from chamber maids to the restaurant staff! The restaurant staff were actually very entertaining... Playing games on the customers and having fun with us. There was one member of the restaurant staff who bent over backwards to make our experience pleasant and that was Arditt! He would remember where we were sat the day before and set up the high and babies cutlery on that same table for us for our next sitting. He was Lovely!! Also he and the other staff would make a fuss of my son to ensure I could eat my lunch!
The downfall is the hill but you have a mini bus if you feel
It's too much of a challenge! Obviously for the elderly or those with any medical problems yes I can see this is a problem, otherwise a walk up the hill isn't that big of a deal.
The food is nice not fantastic but nice and can be repeatable a little.
As for Sidari itself it's a lovely but small community and the locals I found were absolutely lovely and make such a fuss of the children.
I would go back without a doubt for a quiet family holiday.

Stayed September 2013
Giorgos M, E-MARKETING at Cyprotel Corfu Panorama, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
We would like to thank you for choosing us as your Holiday Destination. We are committed to customer satisfaction and we are glad that your experiences with us are positive and memorable. We hope to see you again soon and in the meantime you can be updated about our news through our social channels.

Thank you for your kind words, and remember that we have hotels in both Cyprus & Greece across multiple cities and islands so we would love to welcome you soon!

Please feel free to contact us directly on our website form if you feel there is more we can do in regards to your review.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Polish first
Dudley, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Went to panorama at the start of july this year with my then 7 year old son. Was a bit worried after reading some dodgy reviews but totally enjoyed my stay. My son totally loved it. Sidari is a beautiful town, not loads to do but defiantely enough to keep you happy for a week. The beach was gorgeous and always spotless and the locals are friendly. I had no complaints with the hotel, it was a bit basic but its a 3* and bargain prices so you can't expect 5* accomodation. Staff were friendly, rooms were clean with great views, food was basic, fish, rice, chips, pasta etc. But we were always happy and full after tea. :) the only complaint I would have is that our room was close to the bar and we did find it hard to sleep some nights with the noise, but you're on holiday, people are having fun so you do have to bare that in mind. As for people complaining about the hill, it was steep, but in all honesty, if you are complaining about the hill then it probably would of done you the world of good exercise wise. All in all, amazing holiday, made some great memories, won't be goin back this year just because of wanting to go to a country I haven't been to before but will DEFINATELY consider going back in future. :)

• Stayed July 2013
Giorgos M, E-Marketing Team at Cyprotel Corfu Panorama, responded to this review, November 18, 2013

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We went in August 2013 for one week, having read the reviews I was dreading it a little and with good reason.
Bad points:
Filthy and I mean filty pool
No sunbeds unless you were up at the crack putting towels out, we went to the beach and used Bed bar, for the price of a coffee we stayed all day and used their wifi too
Food - bland and uninteresting, We lived on bread and butter or ate out most days. Breakfast passable but evening meal dire.
Rooms - Mosquito graveyard is the best way to describe. Squashed mosi splats all over the walls.
Bathroom shower curtain too short, flooded bathroom everytime you showered resulting in a damp smell room.
fridge - filthy
Beds small and uncomfortable and I was ready for my own bed after 7 nights
The hill was exactly that, steep but manageable if you are reasonably fit we took the shortcut by Camelot bar to room 513.
Entertainment - I cannot find the words to be honest.... no greek themed evenings at all, very much aimed at the Brits who think going on holiday is all about finding the nearest english bar. Dreadful sadly.
AI drinks were watered down and not very palatable, plastic cups are not the best but I guess the Elf n safety warriors are responsible for this.

Good points:
Errrrrrr.....oh yes the staff in the restaurant were hard working, clearing tables so quickly that they took my plate before I had even finished one morning!
We met some fabulous people who are now friends but I cannot think of anything worse than returning to this hotel for a reunion! Sorry guys xx
Sidari itself is a small resort, typically aimed at the tourists with lots of bars with live music/tribute acts etc. Beach was ok but could have been cleaned daily, lots of litter and cig butts.
Canal D'amour is breathtaking and well worth a visit. I wont be returning to Vorfu as this holiday really did put me off especially after a trip to Crete last year was so amazing, I guess we were spoilt there.

Sorry t all of you who loved the place but each to their own and this was definitely a place I wont be recommending to anyone.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
NeophytosN, e-marketing at Cyprotel Corfu Panorama, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
It is sad to read through your response and we feel responsible for the fact that you didn’t get what you were expecting. Since this happened, we will examine what we can do in order not to experience similar incidents again.

We will make sure that your comments will be examined and also any areas that are in need of improvement will be improved.

We would like to thank you for your feedback.

E-Marketing Team

Travelers are raving about these Sidari hotels

Colne, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2013

we went to sidari last week in august we had a brilliant time we met some brilliant and lovely people who made our holiday even better the bar staff were nice they did somtimes have there moods though best one behind bar was micky he was always smiling our towels werent changed as they should have been and i had to go and ask for them too be changed but otherall we hadd a brilliant time and we would defo go back i hardly saw my kids they were happy round the pool all day

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank julie l
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Just got back from a week stay at panorama .. Very disappointed not very clean and hotel empty . Anoyed that when booking your not informed it's the last week of season and hotel closing , food basic ate out every night in sidari , bitten to bits as hotel staff didn't help cutting hedges around the pool . Complained to rep about the pool as it was dirty and never saw anyone clean it out . Rooms dirty and only 2 toilets at poolside to serve whole hotel guests filthy and run down . Absolute joke ! Very anoyed complete waste of a weeks holiday n money ....

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank 527Rosie12
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2013

just back from a wk stay at the panorama hotel with my seven years old son it was meant to be all in they only had mini s rolls or cheese puffs for your snacks your dureing the day and same at nighttime also notice they had pork on at dinner as they had that on at lunch time towels were not changed to every sec day toilet bins were not done e day no rolls at b fast sweet were very poor ice cream was rock hard

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Great journey but to many bends.
Hotel was ok but there was a horrible smell.
Staff were ok but when my son asked for a fruit punch he came back with a Pepsi.
Met loads of nice people made loads of friends.
Only bad thing was the cleaners were moving the air conditioning unit remote control and my parents kept worrying about having to buy a new one.
Do not go in October
We went then and there was a three day storm.

This hotel is not suitable for a disabled person in a wheelchair
There are to many hills and steep hills.
Because the apartments are built on a hill you have to catch an on site bus.

Stayed October 2013