“amazing hotel mimosa”
Review of Smartline Mimosa

Smartline Mimosa
Ranked #9 of 39 Hotels in Sidari
Reviewed August 26, 2013

my family and i have just got back from the hotel mimosa today after a excellent 2 week stay. we are so thankful for the excellent service they provided and couldnt do enough to help us! they were friendly and always willing to chat and have a laugh with us! the room we had was great and any problems were sorted quickly. thank you for such a amazing holiday! will highly recommend you to friends and family :) cant wait to go back again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank sabina h

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Just returned from the hotel mimosa after visiting for a week with 3 of my friends. All of us aged 17.
As this was our first holiday away with no parents, ideally we wanted a clean comfortable hotel that was close to bars and clubs, which this one is! But......
Lets get the bad points out the way first (grab a cuppa or 6)
After being given rooms 610 and 611, looking out over the road behind the hotel, we had to go and pay for A/C (€40+€10 deposit), a safe (€10+€5 deposit) and a fridge. However when we asked for a fridge we were told that there were none available and had to be put on the waiting list until Monday when people were leaving. We were surprised about this as the hotel is half board, we thought they'd have enough to go round for people to use for things for lunch and drinks.
We were not allowed to buy drinks out of the hotel and drink them anywhere in a public space in the hotel, even water!! The staff were very strict about this and you were told to put the drinks away.
The food in the hotel wasn't much cop either and we ate out 5 nights! When we did eat in, we felt the waiters were rude and rushed us. On one occasion, the drinks (you have to buy, even water!) came after we had finished our meal. Breakfast there was bread, cereals and a choice of 2 hot 'dishes', again not the best and 2 of us didn't bother for the week.
The rooms were fine in terms of a bed and the size, however in the bathroom, the showers were tiny and in one of our rooms(611) the toilet overlapped into the shower space! The maid emptied bins, changed towels and bedding every 2 or 3 days but never swept the floor.
Over the week my friend and I in room 610 were bitten countless times and nether of us have had this problem before, even last year in Sidari but a different hotel!
One last negative point would be the entertainment at night looked so boring! I say looked as we were never tempted to stay in as it was bingo or the logo quiz!!!

Moving onto good points, there aren't many!
The location is great! Right opposite the beach and at the end of the 'strip', which for us was great as it meant we could go out at night, have a few and not have miles to walk back!
There are two pools, the back one we preferred as it was quiet and plenty of sun beds available!
Sidari In general is lovely! The bars, especially B.E.D, Calypso, Sugar and Sunset bar are all amazing! Great staff, food and drinks! Plenty of freebies offered to get you into the bars as well which we all thought was great!
A lot of the bars back onto the beach which means you can eat and chill by the beach at night as the sun goes down.
In the day, water sports on the beach is fab! The deals are worth doing for definite! We spent €45 each and went on 3 different inflatables!

Overall we would definitely go back to Sidari again but not this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Freyal0u
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My family and my friends visited this hotel from 5th August 2013 to 19th August 2013. I can honestly say I could not fault the hotel apart from one reason which I list further down but isn't really a big issue, for the money you pay I thought it was excellent. At the end of the day you get what you pay for if you want a 5 star pay for a 5 star.

I am a family of 5 so needed 2 rooms and our friends are a family of 3 and we requested rooms at the front of the hotel near to each other and the hotel listened and put us at the front overlooking the sea petty much next to each other, it was a lovely view. I admit these rooms at the front are noisy from the bars across if you are a light sleeper stay at the back but it did not bother me at all as I can sleep through anything. The room was great, massive wardrobes, and spotlessly clean.

The only downside I can honestly say about this hotel but it isn't a big issue is, I am a family of five so had to have 2 rooms but I always have to wherever we go so that doesn't bother me but at meal times they advised us you cannot move tables because we also went with our 3 friends, we totally understood this and it didn't bother us but as we went to sit down I asked if my five year old son could just have a chair pulled up at the side of me and the head waiter said no we had to sit on 2 tables, I explained all a wanted was one chair put at the side of me not to move a table or anything. Some people may not see this as an issue but as life is busy and we have to work all year and scrimp and save all year to have a family holiday, I do like to spend 2 weeks with my family of 3 children and my husband but they wouldn't even let us just bring one chair up to the table so we had to sit on 2 tables, like I say some people might not see this as an issue but all I asked for was one chair to be moved next to me, we didn't want to move a table but the waiter wouldn't allow this, so we did eat out a lot of nights so we could all sit together and have a chat with my family and our 3 lovely friends which I like to do on holiday.

Apart from this I can honestly say the hotel is fantastic, staff very very friendly and helpful and I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this hotel and stopping there again. I know everybody has different tastes for food but I can honestly say I thought the food was great, basic breakfast but that is what I want on holiday and we only ate in 6 nights for the evening meal out of 13 partly due to not being able to sit together as my husband felt uncomfortable with the table situation but mainly because we do like to eat out on holiday to, the meals we had was brilliant, my husband didn't enjoy the meals but do not let that put you off as he does moan a lot but I honestly thought the evening meals was great, I really did I personally would have ate in the restaurant most nights but my husband didn't want to.

Some of the bars are very loud but if you turn left out of the hotel you will find very nice quiet bars and I really liked Canal D Amour, we had some drinks in the Canal D Amour hotel a lot of nights and Christos who owned it was lovely even let my five year old son play pool which some bars don't like and he always was very pleasant and gave my 5 year old son a toy or biscuit, a very nice friendly gentleman.

All in all we had a fab holiday and anybody who wants to visit Sidari I think this hotel is brilliant. Anna and Tracy are lovely ladies and I would say the hotel is great.

Room Tip: I thought the front rooms. was great overlooking the sea, but if you are a light sleeper ask for a b...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank NADINE A
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend have just spent 10 nights at the mimosa, it would be fair to say we were feeling a little apprehensive after seeing so many negative reviews, however we were really pleasantly surprised. Our room in the middle block on the ground floor was very basic but more than adequate for the amount of time we spent in the room, be warned you do need to pay for air conditioning and the safety deposit box.. Our only grumble was the shower as it completely soaked the bathroom floor making it really slippery. The cleaners came in everyday with clean towels every two days and bed sheets every three days, I don't understand the grumbles about them as they did a great job and were unfailingly cheerful.. All the staff we came into contact to we're brilliant. We heard a lot of people complaining about the food but we ate out every night so couldn't comment, however we did try breakfast on a couple of days and although basic it was ok. The pools are fab, clean with plenty of sun loungers and umbrellas, snaks are reasonably priced with the usual selection of pizza and burgers. The hotel is in a brilliant location right on the main strip with the beach just over the road. We had no problems with noise and it certainly didn't keep us awake. Yes there are mosquitoes and ants but taking simple precautions such and using a plug in and not leaving good hanging around easily kept them at bay. Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel, go with an open mind and don't be put off by the moaners who all appear to expect a lot for not a great deal of money, we've really enjoyed our stay here!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Holly E
Reviewed August 14, 2013

On arrival to the mimosa hotel after travelling though the night we were given our room ,room 315 it was very small the size of a broom cupboard overlooking a dirty car park we immediately complained to be told go back after lunch to which we did we were then given a bigger nicer room ,the shower is just a tray and at six foot we struggled to use it water was always cool but that was nice with temperatures over 35.pool and bedrooms kept clean and tidy maids very friendly and went out of there way to get extra pillows for us but could not say the same for bar staff and waiters who are very rude at times and had there favourites ,on one occassion we got barked at because we went for breakfast at 9 and it dont finish till 930 and got told to hurry up ,breakfast of which was toast cereal two hot choices and yoghurt enough to fill u but got boring,u can que for a good ten mins to use the toaster evening meals ok three courses but one night i couldnt choose anything as i didnt like anything . the menu and no i wasnt being fussy as ate here all week so i asked the waiter if i could have something from the kids menu to which he was very rude again and said no so we ended up eating out u shouldnt have to pay to eat out when u half board!!!!.The hotel is on the main strip in sidari which is a lovely place right across from beach but dont expect to get too much sleep as noise from bars goes on till 2 /3 in the morning ,water polo is good fun we didnt stay in for evening entertainment as loads going on,canal de amour and a mixed grill at bed are both must dos

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank bids2Cheshire
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Where to start!?

The staff were brilliant, Andreas, Anna, Tracy, everyone! The waiters were friendly to those who were respectful to them (many other were not on occasions) and they performed a stunning shows of Greek Fire Dancing one evening! Receptionists were so SO friendly, 2 days before departure we had run out of after sun and enquired about a swap-box type of thing which they didn't have yet as we visited early summer...so Tracy gave us some of her personal stash. So SO kind and generous! Staff always rose above and beyond the call of duty. The owner was also friendly.
Unfortunately for them some of the residents were grumpy/old/obese people which seemed to do nothing but frown. Overheard many mockable complains such as "I expect a full english breakfast". This was easily found at almost every place on 'The Strip' for a mere 3 euro give or take.

The rooms were just what you needed! Cleaned everyday by a friendly maid, a nice cool shower to chill out from the blazing sun and a comfy bed to crash on during the evening. Everything worked and was tidy, no problems at all. AirCon, safe, mini-fridge and wi-fi all came at a cost but what do you expect when your on a budget. Best way to cool down was with patio and front doors open to acquire a draft...everyone did it!

The pool was clean, sparkly and so tempting in the mid-day heat. There was always plenty of sunbeds free in sun and shade, chilled bottled water and beer were all reasonably priced. There was lunch and snacks available 10-5 before evening meal was served (don't remember the time).

Food was basic but tasty. Menu changed every single day with salads and fresh fruit usually remaining as a nice fresh and cool evening option. I rarely managed all 3 courses because I was so full! The amount wasn't too much, just good food! Examples include the feta cheese salad, beef casserole, curry followed by cake or 2 fresh fruits (cherry's, peaches, apricots ect.) The food actually had local Greek names but I unfortunately know little Greek.
Breakfast consisted of a buffet of 3 cereals, as much brown/white toast as you like, greek yoghurt, potted fruit, tea, coffee and random two items from a full english a day. Plenty to fill up on until lunch! You can have as much or little as you like...who could complain!? The tea is not Tetley guys, expect it not to taste like home but I enjoyed a cup almost everyday. Just leave the tea bag in to brew and its as close to home as you need.

Also, two basic phrases for the adventurous:
Thelo mia byra parakalo - I would like a beer please
Yammas - Cheers!
The locals always showed appreciation and a smile to those who make the effort.

The Sidari Strip was interesting. Some quiet places with local music on with english songs, some with greek radio on (catchy!), some placed with Sky Sports, some clubs and bars. Theres everything you need! A little gem at the end called Diverso was flawless. Staff were great, always put my favourite Rugby on for me, served ice-cold beer with ice-cold glasses and service with a chat!
The Public Relations people; well some are great and some drive you nuts, Just hold a good poker-face to them and they usually turn to someone else. Good places include: Ice-Bar, Madison, Babylon Bar, Sea Breeze, BED Bar and some I forget the name of. But honestly, some of the PR people are genuinely friendly...some just pester you unfortunately. Don't let them put you off.

No trouble on an evening, no crimes or anything like that. Just a delightful strip of Greece!
Would happily go back again!!

Only complaint would be the Strip never gets quiet of hordes of mopeds driving around like idiots from young locals...however this is not to do with the Hotel! This is expected anywhere in Sidari so you should not let that put you off this gem of a hotel!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Nath1194
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Me and my cousin have just spent two weeks at the Mimosa Hotel (26thJuly-9th August) and I can honestly say is that it has everything you could ask for.
1.Perfect location- the beach is directly opposite the hotel. To the right of the hotel you have a strip of bars, restaurants and shops and to the left are a few restaurants. Everything you need is within walking distance including the pharmacy and doctors.
2. Rooms and Cleanliness- our room was on the very top floor (which most people didn't even know existed) and it was cleaned every single day. So I'm not quite sure why people are saying "the maid didn't reach the top floors". The maids were really lovely people and always smiling. The pool area was spotless as was the rest of the hotel.
3. Staff- The staff at Mimosa Hotel are absolutely brilliant and most definitely have the patience of saints. The two receptionist ladies were so lovely and really made us feel welcome. The waiters were brilliant, always serving with a smile and were just a genuinely lovely group of people. I have read reviews on here where people are moaning about the staff, but tbh the way I see it is if you treat someone with respect, they will respect you back. If you're rude to them (which I witnessed from many guests) then you don't deserve their kindness.
4. Food- One thing that annoys me more than anything are people who go to foreign countries and expect to be served burgers, chips and fry-ups. What's the point in even going to another country if you aren't going to embrace the culture?!!!!!!!! Breakfast was lovely every day and never got boring. The evening meals were gorgeous with plenty of choice and the service was amazingly fast for the amount of people they had to serve. Also the pool bar served food between 10 and 4 every day (including full English for those of you who can't do without your fry-ups) and was amazing value for money.
5. Facilities- there was a front pool and a back pool, crazy golf course and a games room with a snooker table, air hockey and computers. There was entertainment every evening and the best would have to be Sundays with Greek fun and dancing.

All in all our stay at Hotel mimosa was absolutely wonderful and I wouldn't have to think twice before saying that I would definitely return again :)

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Filomena5
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sidari
Alkyon Hotel
#28 of 39 in Sidari
Sidari Beach Hotel
Sidari Beach Hotel
#2 of 4 in Agios Ioannis

Been to Smartline Mimosa? Share your experiences!