“Do Not Waste Your Money!”
Review of Smartline Mimosa

Smartline Mimosa
Ranked #8 of 39 Hotels in Sidari
Reviewed December 31, 2007

We booked this through Airtours web site but we booked & paid for a 3 star but ended up in this hell hole! We paid High season prices as it was October Half term but when we arrived we were informed the Corfu Season had ended so nothing was open!

There was no mention of this on the web site - & still isnt despite Airtours fobbing off my complaint by saying it states the season is over on the internet!

The Food was appalling & the receptionist very rude & arrogant! I can not beleive we spent our hard earned money on this pile of c%a*!

Although we paid for both our children they were not even given proper beds to sleep in! They were expected to sleep in rickety camp beds - but then again the proper beds were like cot beds anyway!

We were completely misled & we will never book with airtours again!
The only good thing about this holiday was coming home!

Stayed: October 2007
4  Thank clavic

Reviewed December 13, 2007

I visited the hotel for seven days in June and had a lovely time.
I am a single dad of two one aged ten and one fifteen so I read the reviews prior to booking with an open mind, my key priorities are cleanliness and pleasant surroundings, here we found both.
Corfu itself has not progressed like Spain and it does'nt need to.
I visited corfu 20 years ago and little has changed, not a bad thing either.
The Hotel is very pleasant and is owned by English people. The rooms were great, nice and spacious and kept very clean. The food was typically Greek, I was worried it would'nt suit the kids but they loved it. Breakfast was basic with cereal, fruit eggs or beans on toast or yoghurt full English available at an extra cost.
Staff are great typical Greeks, friendly and out to ensure you have a good time. The resort is a series of bars and shops all very nice and friendly we ate lunch out a couple of times it was great food and cheap. the beach is lovely all in all a very nice place.
The only downside for me was the transfer from the airport is 1.5 hours and I don't travel well on busses but thats my problem.
Water park on Island is huge but again a good bus ride away all in all its a lovely place but be prepared to slow down to their pace, try it you might like it, I did

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank johnmegnjoe
Reviewed October 20, 2007

We have just returned from corfu having stayed at the mimosa for two weeks,overhall the mimosa was reasonable and all you could expect from a 2 star hotel,the rooms are very basic with beds that are just 9inches from the floor,the food i found palatable although my partner was less forgiving and i finished hers off on many occasion which is just as well as the portions that you are served are of "school " size, or maybe they have had so many returned unfinished they have saved waste by cutting the size of portions, the breakfast you could purchase a cooked breakfast , scrambled egg and beans on toast were inclusive, cearials, toast and tinned fruit cocktail (which also turned up in the jelly as desert of the day at evening)
Our balcony overlooked into the kitchen and early one morning about 6am i was sat on balcony scratchin the previous nights mozzy bites and watching "cheff " beating his scrambled eggs with a fag in the corner of his mouth which was only taken out when his bronchial cough foced him to do so, 2 fags later and the eggs were done!
The hotel is situated at the end of the main street opposite the beach a really good location the rooms on the front do suffer from the noise at night and all the budding lewis hamiltons of the greek world as the local "boy racers"tear up and down so if you get a room in the 300s be warned !
We had a great time and would go back to the mimosa but only on a BNB or Room only basis as the food in the nearby reasturants is not only cheap but plentiful and well cooked..

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2007

We arrived at the Mimosa at 3am. in the morning and were met by a very unpleasant, bad-tempered night-porter, who pointed us in the direction of our rooms leaving us to carry our luggage up a flight of stairs. The room was ok,no drinks available(water), not very big but containing everything we needed for our stay. Bathroom small and basic. Towels changed every other day 'IF' placed on floor, bedding weekly.Meals, choice of four starters and four main meals every day and these are repeated weekly. Breakfasts are terrible. Entertainment in hotel leaves lot to be desired. One advantage of this hotel is its location, right in the middle of all the bars but fortunately it is not a noisy hotel.Staff are great and try their best. 2 bits of advice; buy a plug-in mosquito repellent for your room and pay the extra 21euros to keep your room on the day of your departure because the showers they expect you to use are filthy.

Stayed: September 2007
2  Thank ellaDurham
Reviewed September 26, 2007

I have just returned from what could possibly be the most disappointing holiday I have ever had! I feel thoroughly let down by the travel brochures and this website for the basic write up on the Mimosa Markos hotel in Sidari. I booked a 3*+ hotel on a half board basis for my boyfriend and I and spent most of the holiday eating out because the food was just not worth bothering with. I only had 2 good meals in there (Kleftiko and Stifado) and the rest of the time it was like being served school dinners again with oven chips and tinned peas! Admittedly the room was clean but the bed was rock solid, the sink leaked and left the bathroom floor sodden and even the bath mat provided (which was left on the floor by the cleaner even when it was drenched) couldn't deal with all the water! On top of that, once you left the hotel, it was like walking straight down a city street with bars and english pubs everywhere and nowhere to go within the resort apart from said establishments and the run-of-the-mill souvenir shops which all sell the same things anyway. All in all, I am completely gutted that I spent so much money on something that was just not worth it and it's a good job I'm an optimist and made the most of what I got whilst I was there!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kirsty_bear
Reviewed September 2, 2007

We booked this holiday as a late booking due to the poor weather here in the UK!!
The hotel was clean.
However the rooms are very basic.
There were 2 single beds and bunk beds in our room. Bathroom was on the small side too.
Aircon didn't seem to have a lot of power, which was extra as was the safe.
Food was not great, therefore we ate out most of the time.
I would recommend if you are using the pool area you purchase your soft drinks and crisps and snacks from the local supermarket. The hotel charge 1.50 euro's for a can of Fanta and the same for a bag of crisp.
The co-op around the corner charged 1.99 for 4 cans of fanta!
The pools were clean and you could always get a sun bed. If using the pool at the front of the hotel, you will get the sun in all areas at some point in the day. The hotest part is against the wall running along the front of the hotel.
The location is excellent, we had no problems with noise. The bars are forced to close for 10 days if they are found to be playing loud music late at night.
The beach is across the road and is great. Very shallow and we did see a life guard.
We found most of the reception staff are english and were helpful when required.
Waiting staff were all friendly.
Entertainment is not great, and they do all travel around the different bars!
This hotel is ideal for a week, I would not want to stay for 2 weeks due to the rooms being basic, and on the small side.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank lynng2101
Reviewed August 25, 2007

I have just returned from a 2 week break at the Hotel Mimosa. I travelled with one friend (27 and 28 year old females). After reading numerous reports on the hotel and area, I was really worried about what we might find. When we arrived we were pleasantly surprised. Many people have complained about the hotel and I am not really sure why. It is not the best hotel I have ever stayed in, but we paid £13 each per night for half board and we thought there was nothing really wrong with it. The hotel has 2 swimming pools, both of which were very nice. We tended to stay at the back pool. It was quiet and we never had to reserve sun beds. There were always plenty available.
Some people have complained about the food - I don't know why! Breakfast consisted of a buffet of fruit cocktail (tinned), a selection of cereals, toast with butter and jam and coffee and juice. You also had a choice of 1 of the following - croissants, scrambled egg on toast, beans on toast or yoghurt with honey - not a bad choice! We didn't eat dinner there, but it seemed that there was a good choice available.
The rooms were ok - they had everything that you needed. We were at the back of the hotel and never really had a problem with the noise.
Sidari itself is ok. There are a wide range of bars and restaurants, some noisy and some quieter. There are PR people at the front, but they never hassled us. There is entertainment in the evenings in some of the bars/restaurants.
The resort does have lots of English people, but this did not concern us.
If you are looking for a traditional Greek village then don't go here, if you are looking for a holiday where you lie by the pool or on the beach and want a nice dinner and couple of drinks, then there is nothing wrong with it at all.
We booked everything independently and we only paid £375 for everything for 2 weeks, I imagine this is a lot cheaper than a package, so this would be recommended.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with friends