“Fantastic holiday”

Ranked #23 of 39 Hotels in Sidari
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Fantastic holiday”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Just returned from a week here and thought the hotel was great. In the quieter part of sidari but we just strolled up to the lively part each evening which took about 5-10 mins.

I emailed hotel before going to see if we could have 2 pool facing rooms on the ground floor and that was exactly what we got.

Air con 5 euros a day which we thought was very reasonable and 5 euros a week for a safe. Nice not to stay somewhere and feel exploited.

We stayed on a self catering basis but we did have breakfast in hotel a few times which was 4 euros again very good and a reasonable price.

We stayed on 1st September and hotel was quite quiet. Plenty of beds around the pool but we mainly used the beach. If u r using beach it's worth walking up to the main beach where most of beach bars offer free sunbeds for customers. We always used memories bar where the snack menu was good and only 2 euros for large beers.

All in all the nicest and most relaxing holiday we've had and I'm sure you won't be disappointed if you choose to stay here.

Value for money so just waiting for the flights for next year so we can book again.

Room Tip: Apparently front rooms are better than back because of mosquitos but we saw very few
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 26Karen

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Just returned from our 6th trip to Angelinas, Corfu and were not disappointed. By far the best place we have stayed in Sidari ever.

As always the staff including Spiros an Family, Angelina, George and Tracey were so good and did everything to make our holiday enjoyable. Nothing is ever too much trouble and helps always at hand if you need it. Our room as always was spotless and maids were friendly and helpful.

Just a minutes walk from the beach, amazing scenery and just a 5 minute walk from the strip which includes shops, bars and restaurants. No hassle!

I will without a doubt be booking straight away for 2 weeks here next year, enjoy!

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank lauradengland
Vancouver
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We really enjoyed this hotel. The pool is nice and clean. The service, location and value are great. The food was average, so we never ate at the hotel much.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank Gayle S
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Hi, I'm one of those "east europeans" mentioned by the previous reviewers. I booked a room at Angelina based on reviews on TripAdvisor and I'm completely satisfied with all I've seen and experienced. For a 3-star hotel it's an amazing price/quality-ratio! I book only a room so I cannot estimate the food quality. The location is wonderful because it's a 2-min walk to the beach of Canal d'Amour that seemd to me better than the main beach. Spiros and Angelina were very helpful - they helped us with a car during a peak season and were always at our disposal. Rooms are surprisingly big, the bathroom is tiny indeed, I cooked the food myself and I can say that the electic stove is not to be used for everyday cooking. Apart this I had all necessary kitchen utensils to cook. The condition was free (included in the price but check - other reviewers tell about 5 euro per day), wi-fi is available at the lobby and near the pool area. I especially liked the pool - it's a bit refreshing but very, very clean. The lack of animation or other entertaining activity is a great plus - it's a small hotel and any activities of this kind will disturb guests. The hotel is surrounded by restaurants and bars where one can get all kinds of entertainement.
Being an East European I must say that all east europeans were very polite (during our stay) though some English kids were really aggresive in the pool.
I'm quite happy with my stay and will highly recommend this hotel for families with kids and small children seeking a nice and quiet place.

6 Thank Sportloto
manchester
Reviewed August 26, 2012

we visited Sidari 3 years ago and spent many a happy night at Angelinas where there was always a quiz or Bingo on, the place was always buzzing and we said that should we return we would stay there. We did on the 18th August and I was really dissapointed the resort as a whole is struggling, but the bars Planet and the Escape bar are still managing to put on a quiz, but Angelinas have no entertainment whatsoever, Tracey the lady who has been there for ever is still there but seems so sad ( I may be wrong and if I am I am sorry) the majority of the guests appear to be eastern european and the one morning we spent by the pool we felt quite awkward and could not relax.Hence the reason we spent the rest of the week at the Planet ( I have wrote a review for there as well) the sun beds are in need of repair as well, each evening we passed and it was practically empty. I dont want to sound over negative so I will give it some pluses the rooms are basic but big and more than adequete, they were clean and well maintained and was a good base for the rest of Canal d amour. I love sidari and especially Canal d amour and will certainly be returning but not to Angelinas.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool as the ones at the back only have a view of the stagnent water t...
2 Thank cfb345
townies leeds
Reviewed August 17, 2012

....we arrived late because of transfer from airport which took 3 hrs in total!!! It was nice to be met at the hotel by Spiros-part owner, and Tracey who works there especially at such a late hour. Drinks were offered straight away-a nice touch. Our room, however, had a leaky toilet leading to a wet, tiled floor all week even though we reported it three times to the handyman. Should have gone straight to the top and told Spiros. The bathrooms are tiny-very narrow but the shower has got a right force on it. The place itself is nice and clean but the bedsheets on my daughters 'bed' had cigarette holes in it. When I say 'bed', it was a fold out chair. Beware if you are taking teenagers as this is what they get. This is a bugbear of mine as my daughter is taller than me and I feel she should have an adult bed. Our two singles were quite hard aswell. Would advise you to pay 5 euros a day for aircon as apparently it keeps the mossies away. I'm bitten to hell-so much so that had to visit doctor day we came back for antibiotics as my hand looked like a boxing glove. The pool at the hotel is lovely-some may find it a bit cool as it's not heated. You can always get a sunbed aswell. The hotel seems popular with eastern europeans who keep themselves to themselves. Was nice to see Spiros keeping some of their boisterous kids under control around the pool one day. Angelina is delightful-always had a word with us usually about fashion. She helped us confirm our transfers back to the airport and it was her that I sorted out the aircon with. Very helpful. It's a bit strange because there seems a lack of communication between staff sometimes-Spiros knew nothing about our weeklong leak for instance. Waiting staff didn't seem to know what each other was doing. One day, my main course arrived before I'd finished the starter. Hotel in a good place though opposite good supermarket and near shops, restaurants and bars-try Escape and Smugglers.

Room Tip: e-mail the hotel beforehand but most rooms are poolside. There are 2 storeys though so if you need...
4 Thank TowniesLeedsLulu
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 10, 2012

This was our first visit to Angelina`s and Corfu and we werent dissapointed. We were a party of ten, ages ranging from 6 years to 80`s and we were all very happy with the hotel and the service. The staff and owners here make this place great for familys, nothing was too much trouble. We had requested ground floor rooms, together if possible and Spiros had sorted this ( rooms 1 to 4) We stayed half board, George, who served us at breakfast and dinner was fantastic, we all ate together so 10 different orders for one table is no easy task but the service was attentive all the time.
Breakfast ranged from full English to scrambled eggs to yoghurt, George tailored individual requirements as needed ( no beans or whatever ) we just asked and nothing seemed too much trouble.
Dinner was a daily option of two choices per course ( e.g salad or tzatziki, chicken keebabs or stiffado ) the quality was excellent, as good as any ive tasted in Greece, if we had one criticism it would have been that there could have been more variety as after 2 weeks it did become a little repetitive, but that was down to the time we were there NOT the quality of the food!
The rooms are spacious and clean, ours was cleaned and beds made by the maids daily. Our rooms overlooked the kiddies pool and sunbathing area, but we were never disturbed by too much noise or people traffic!
The location of Angelinas is superb, Sidari is just a short 10 mins away ( when you go over the little bridge look out for turtles in the canal below ), there is a supermarket opposite the hotel and a variety of shops and bars between Angelina`s and the beach.
Spiros, Angelina, Tracy and George were all fantastic and made this stay a memorable one.
I would recommend this hotel to couples and families. Thanks guys for a super holiday :-)

Room Tip: Please let Spiros or Angelina know if theres anything your not happy with. They will sort out for yo...
3 Thank Anthony Y