“My First Review! Ever :)”
Review of Theodosia

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sidari
Theodosia
Ranked #26 of 71 Specialty Lodging in Sidari
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have stayed in UK based Hotels, B&B's for my job and also for holidays, some good and some not so good.
I booked this holiday two weeks before we departed at a price of £1,200 for 14 nights, factoring in airport car parking, air con & safety deposit box.

What concerns me is if I had used this site and it's reviews before I had gone to the travel shop I would have certainly avoided this place like the plague! That brings me on to the first point of the dreaded Mosquito, Corfu is a lush green island so go prepared, air con helps a lot and Google tips before you go.

The pool crystal clear no problems for us there.

The cost of TV, why would you go to an island like Corfu and watch UK TV? Save the money and pay for air con :)

The owner, his name by the way is "Yannis" a very helpful man, his English is not great but far better than my Greek.

I came back from the pool on my first full day to see him up a stepladder changing a bulb in one of our apartments that he had spotted on our arrival at 5:00 am. Something I had not noticed.

We had quite a few conversations over the course of our holiday about his Son my Son's all in English.

To sum up, was it a five star group hotel? No! Did I get value for money, swimming pool, two apartments, five minute stroll to the beach, clean towels, clean, bedding two pillows each, all for £ 300 EACH! YES...... as a Dad of two teenage sons 16 & 18 it was an ideal base, try and stay in the UK for that amount for 14 nights...
It's all down to personal opinion and we are all different, if I had encountered some of the points raised in other posts I would not have been happy but I would then have I would have sorted it out calmly in resort.

Book it enjoy it....

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank twfgiftware
There are newer reviews for Theodosia

Reviewed July 25, 2013

After reading some not- so- great reviews about Theodosia my partner and I were a little apprehensive about what to expect. But in actual fact it surpassed our expectations. The owner was helpful and although he didn't speak English very well he did his best to answer any questions we did have.
Mosquitos are a big problem on the island of Corfu so I don't have and complaints. Although I do advise you to purchase the air-con and an additional fan. The owner has fixed it so that the electrics don't work when your key isn't in the apartment but we found out that you can have your balcony doors open and have your fan running. So when the air- con isn't on, your fan remains working. Having a cool/ cold room dramatically reduces mosquitos!!

The distance to the main strip isn't that far, if anything it's a nice walk at the end of the night!! At the end of the lane is a brilliant restaurant called El Greco, I definitely recommend eating there!

The rooms are kept clean, if anything the only complaint I do have is you have to supply your own toilet paper. All other self catering apartments that I've stayed in at least supply toilet roll!!

You get what you pay for and I was happy with Theodosia!!

Room Tip: Purchase air- con & a fan!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robyn B
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We have been to the Theodosia many times and have found the owner and his wife very helpful and friendly,Our room was clean and towels changed every couple of days,it's not 5 star but neither are the prices,it's self catering, I've heard people asking for toilet rolls buy your own it's self catering or do you people think the food should be included as well, my husband retired in June so we stayed for one month,we had fantastic time really chilled,so was good introduction for retirement.the location is fantastic,just short walk to main village which has many restaurants.and bars something for everyone, lots of day trips to go on by coach or boats and prices are very reasonable, we will certainly be going back to Theodosius as many other people do we have seen the same people staying there many times over the years,the owner keeps a clean and well stocked bar,and his wife cooks a great breakfast as well as fantastic salads and bar meals the pool is a spacious one and the gardens are well maintained, mosquitoes can be a problem we have air con in the room and use body spray in the evening before going out I had two bites over the month we were there and they weren't in the room,air con is great it's worth having, Overall we had a fantastic holiday just remember it's self catering accommodation and a place to chill,we love it and so do many of our friends who have also stayed at Theodosia.

Room Tip: Only two stories high all rooms are equal.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank susan k
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Having been lucky to have travelled extensively throughout Europe, India, Nepal, Canada, the USA and of course the U.K.. I am basing my review on my experiences as a measurement against the value for money which this accommodation provides whilst also from the mindfulness if the other reviews for this self catering venue.
But before I go on...ask yourself what it is you want from a self catering venue that is located in a fairly nice part of the world..and if your answer is five star luxury and tip of the range appliances and home comforts then u could perhaps stay at home in your luxury villas or save up some money and go to a sandals resort. Here I will make ab important point, I paid 246 U.K. pounds including flights which works out approx 17 pounds per day...now ask yourself what would u get in Blackpool or another scabby U.K. resort for that price?
I can say that my room (no 5) was clean, presentable and yes although basically supplied but it was simply a place to sleep safely and a base to explore the wider area...I personally did not go on this holiday to stay in my room 24/7. There are plenty of places to see around north Corfu to tie yourself down to your room or thus complex alone.
Having read a number of the other reviews I do agree that the owner seems a little miserable but so would I be if people were whining that there are mosquitos and my bedding hasn't been changed etc etc...remember if you want a marriot or Grosvenor level of service then pay for it. Re the mosquitos..buy a plug in and use repellant you fool, afterall mosquitos live all over the world...
On a very positive note, I have observed the owner checking the pool levels and cleanliness every night and although we did not have children those who were there with their parents seemed to be having fun.
Summary.....this place is ok value for Money and is a ten minute walk from the noise and bedlam of the main street and although Corfu shops are pricey for buying self catering produce, there are many restaurants to choose from..but food is always a subjective subject.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank megatoad
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed here on a last minute deal due to the French air traffic control strike. Thomson need to review this property as the owner is an extremely unhelpful money grabbing person. He charges for air con at 5 euros per day, 7 euros to active the television and then its pay to view the English speaking channels, ten euros for a key to the safety box. The beds were as hard as sleeping on the floor. Also the property is approx 200 yards from the main rd and the street lights are not working despite me pointing this out to the owner several times. There was no entertainment at all. Avoid this ' hotel' st all costs! If I could score less than one , I would!

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank maggie0500
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We weren't really supposed to stay at this hotel, but unfortunately we had to stay for one night, as Thomson had mixed up our booking - we were supposed to be staying at the Stema Studios next door. However, whilst they were sorting that our we stayed here.

In terms of cleanliness, we couldn't really fault it. The room was basic, but adequate. The beds were like lying on a slab of concrete and you only got one pillow (no further bedding available apparently) and the pool area and bar was nice.

Our major complaint was the owner himself. Although reasonably friendly to start with, he ripped us off to the tune of approximately 50 Euros in respect of drinks. My boyfriend did take this up with him and he basically told us we were lying and to piss off. He soon backed down the next day when the Thomson Rep came to speak to us and move us back to the hotel we were supposed to be staying in - as he suddenly remembered that his hotel was part of the Thomson approved hotels and was worried about what we would say - then it was lots of free drinks all round.

Thoroughly unpleasant man and it did sour our first evening on a very special holiday.

Room Tip: To choose a good room, I'd choose a room in a different hotel/apartment complex.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ange B
Reviewed September 19, 2012

can not really fault the theodosia, clean rooms but the cleaners let us down a little, never had the bedding changed and only swept, mopped once and towels changed once, they also had the balls to leave a pot to leave them a tip.....!
the only down side we could find was that the place has a field full of goats to the rear and another at the side with horses, this attracted ALOT of mosquitos and a good few people where being bitten badly in the night, during the day you could see droves of them in the air. you will also hear constant cockerals day and night and dogs that bark for hours on end.
i didnt think much to the quality of the pool water, always seemed very cloudly.
i purchased a packet of cigarettes (marlboro lights) from the behind the bar, these are fake and will strip the skin off your lips, took me two packets to find out why my lips where red raw and sore.
would we go back again........? NO.
the thing you really really need to consider when going on any greek holiday now is the expense, i spent over £700 in a week, the food shops are expensive and petrol is around 1.96euro a litre (around £1.60 in our money) yes we did hire a car which we got from "island travel" opposite the taxi rank at the end of the main strip cost us only 120euro for 6 days. my next greek holiday will be either half board or full board, no way will i be doing self catering again.
you will find the restaurants are good value for money and never had a bad meal anywhere, the el greco at the end of the drive is very good and also the first two that you come to has you turn left out of the drive very good.
overall the greek people are very nice and polite, this was my 5th holiday to corfu, three of them in sidari and i think this will be my visit to the island.

Room Tip: away from the pool, ask for the rooms at the rear of the complex.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank caterpiller938
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sidari
Stemma Hotel
Theodosia Studios
Theodosia Studios
#1 of 3 in Kalathas
Tondoris Apartments & Studios

Been to Theodosia? Share your experiences!