“Great seafood, fantastic location. Authentic Greek Taverna!”
Review of Dorothea's Corner - CLOSED

Dorothea's Corner
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I must admit, I hadn't read any of the previous reviews before coming here and I'm thankful I hadn't. Great seafront location far enough away from most of the noise of the main strip. Service was quite slow, but being in Greece, this is quite normal and not a personal insult on the diner.

One of the best aspects of this place is its authenticity and its so nice to actually feel like your dining in a Greek Taverna rather than one of the many restaurants that aim themselves at the Brit market. Because of the reviews here most of the diners are Greek, Italian with some Brits giving it a far more cosmopolitan atmosphere than the restaurants on the main strip. All in all good overall value too.

Food wise I had the mixed sea food - calamari, swordfish, sole and a langoustine, all of which were cooked to perfection; it would have been easy to overcook, whilst others had mixed kebabs and gyros. I feel some of the negative comments may have come from the penny pinching holiday maker used to having their food incinerated and ill prepared to embrace Greek timescales when it comes to dining out.

I'd say give it a go and ignore the negative comments. From what is saw of fellow diners everyone appeared to be enjoying their food and this place continues to be a busy authentic Greek Taverna.

There are newer reviews for Dorothea's Corner

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I can only agree with all the other bad reviews. if I had checked TripAdvisor first I would never have gone. we were taken in by the amazing location. dont be fooled. the food was awful. I ordered a rare steak which cane well done I sent it back and the next one was medium I ate it because I couldn't be bothered getting a third. y husband had the lamb which the manager suggested it was tough and chewy. we left most of the food. no one asked howthe food was even when clearing the plates. the mmanager ignored us. I think because he knew we were not happy. do not waste your money. you will regret it.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Don't waste your money here...The service was very bad.....The food was equally as bad....and the price was higher than a lot of other far superior places to eat.....ALSO..... when they bring you dry bread that you don't ask for and don't want DONT PAY FOR IT

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Well I try not to write bad reviews- only to let people know about places to go that they might enjoy and I generally try not to be too fussy.However, I feel I ought to let others know this was not up to much when we went and it was more expensive than other tavernas we ate in. My daughter and husband had steak - both frazzled and dried when they had asked for medium rare and rare- it was chewy to say the least.
I had sole fillet in prawn sauce- I could not eat it- the prawns were too chewy and the sole was way overcooked- my sister did manage to eat hers but was not impressed. Its not often I leave a meal but it was not nice at all- I did try. Also we all got tinned veg -whats the point of that with all that lovely fresh produce on the island? A bit of fresh salad would have been so much better.The service was a fairly slow- maybe we just got a bad night and chose the wrong things but with so much other choice restaurants need to be up on their game and this was a real disappointment.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I would have preferred to have given no stars at all. They can't cook to save their lives. Saganaki was like a lump of car tyre, overcooked meat, undercooked vegetables, greasy slimy horrible food and then anything with garlic was like neat garlic and foul. Refused to pay for most of it and I am sorry we paid anything at all. .