“wish I had read reviews”
Review of Dorothea's Corner - CLOSED

Dorothea's Corner
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“wish I had read reviews”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I can only agree with all the other bad reviews. if I had checked TripAdvisor first I would never have gone. we were taken in by the amazing location. dont be fooled. the food was awful. I ordered a rare steak which cane well done I sent it back and the next one was medium I ate it because I couldn't be bothered getting a third. y husband had the lamb which the manager suggested it was tough and chewy. we left most of the food. no one asked howthe food was even when clearing the plates. the mmanager ignored us. I think because he knew we were not happy. do not waste your money. you will regret it.

• Greek first
Derby, United Kingdom
“Worst Meal In 14 Days Holiday”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Don't waste your money here...The service was very bad.....The food was equally as bad....and the price was higher than a lot of other far superior places to eat.....ALSO..... when they bring you dry bread that you don't ask for and don't want DONT PAY FOR IT

Exeter, United Kingdom
“Our worst holiday meal”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Well I try not to write bad reviews- only to let people know about places to go that they might enjoy and I generally try not to be too fussy.However, I feel I ought to let others know this was not up to much when we went and it was more expensive than other tavernas we ate in. My daughter and husband had steak - both frazzled and dried when they had asked for medium rare and rare- it was chewy to say the least.
I had sole fillet in prawn sauce- I could not eat it- the prawns were too chewy and the sole was way overcooked- my sister did manage to eat hers but was not impressed. Its not often I leave a meal but it was not nice at all- I did try. Also we all got tinned veg -whats the point of that with all that lovely fresh produce on the island? A bit of fresh salad would have been so much better.The service was a fairly slow- maybe we just got a bad night and chose the wrong things but with so much other choice restaurants need to be up on their game and this was a real disappointment.

East Sussex, United Kingdon
“Avoid at all costs”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I would have preferred to have given no stars at all. They can't cook to save their lives. Saganaki was like a lump of car tyre, overcooked meat, undercooked vegetables, greasy slimy horrible food and then anything with garlic was like neat garlic and foul. Refused to pay for most of it and I am sorry we paid anything at all. .

• Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Raw meat and poor service - don't go”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Went to this restaurant on the third day of our holiday. The waiting staff were friendly and courteous. We ordered a lamb dish and also a mixed grill. We were still waiting for the meals to arrive when we heard a family complaining about their food being undercooked. I do not think it was resolved to their satisfaction. They left.

Our meals arrived and I noticed that some of the meat was undercooked on the borderline of raw. I flagged this to the waiter and by then a middle aged individual in a white shirt arrived. He was the manager. I said to him the meat was undercooked on the border of raw. I showed him that my knife was not even cutting it. He suggested a sharper knife. I refused to accept it. he then said to me 'pay the bill'. I refused and he went away and made a phone call. He then came back and said 'pay the bill'. I then asked the waiter if he knew where the police station was, he wasn't given the chance and ordered away by the manager. The manager then came up to me and said that I better pay the bill. At this stage I felt threatened and intimidated. I paid. In my 49 years I have never experienced such lack of customer service coupled with threatening behaviour and inedible food. My suggestion is to avoid this place, even if you are tempted by its fantastic location.

• Visited June 2013