“Disappointing”

Dorothea's Corner
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 22, 2013

although in a nice location over looking the sea, the food was extremely disappointing. Supposed to specialize in seafood - my platter seemed to comprise of mostly frozen fish with only a small sardine like fish that seemed to be fresh. The rest of the parties meals were cold, and seemed to taste of curry!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Me and my Girlfriend stayed in sidari 12 - 19 oct 2012 we had dinner in dorotheas corner on our last 2 nights of the holiday, and oh my god, I wish I had dined there on the first night, as we would have gone each and every night. the food here was perfect for us!!The location is perfect on the beach and on the end of the main strip...lovely place to eat and listen to the waves!! I dont care about what all the whingers say on here about extra charge for bread...was nice to nibble on whilst waiting for starters, and we didnt mind one bit!!So what, Its 2 EUROS for god sake!!
we didnt have to wait long for food even though there were alot of people dining there. The owner was very friendly, I asked for a Tbone and was offered a rib steak instead. I was not let down at all...the steak was huge, see photos of the 2 nights...It was an inch an half thick perfectly seasoned and cooked on charcoals...It was by far the tastiest laargest and best value steak ive ever eaten for under 10 euros (8 quid or thereabouts). It was nearly the length of my arm. I was so chuffed with this place, my girlfriend had sole one night and stifado the other and loved her food..the wine was great, and well priced, We werent over charged, in fact after engaging in long conversation on the first night the owner offered us a free drink each after our meal, we declined as we were tired.The second visit the next night, the owner gave us our drinks for free, so our 2 course meal including a huge steak as shown n pics, cost 18 euros!!!plus 3 cokes, and a jug and 2 glasses of wine..not bad at all, SO DONT BELIEVE ANY OF THE BAD REVIEWS ON HERE, I think its sour grapes from local restaurants trying to tarnish dorotheas restaurants name, and reputationtis is a lovely traditional greek restaurant good value, excellent food and the best steaks ever well done!!!!!!

1  Thank Jamie G
Reviewed October 12, 2012

the waiter brought bread salads and extra wine wich we were led to believe was grattis. when the bill arrived we had been charged considerably for very unessesary unwanted food. when we refused to pay for the add ons they casualy said ok and charged us only for what we ordered we saved over 25 euros. we always tip generously,but not on this occasion.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

After recently spending 2 week's in sunny Sidari, Dorothea's Corner was the first place we visited on our way to the beach. The Food was superb, the beer ice cold and the staff where very welcoming and couldnt do enough for you - definately worth a visit or two !!

1  Thank MrsC190811
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We thought we would treat ourselves to a nice meal on the sea front, but what a dissapointment and hassle. After waiting well over an hour for our meals, we enquired when we could expect to be served, and was told "good food takes time". We then spotted the head waiter returning with a bag of shopping.The food arrived 15 minutes later, 2 meals were luke warm, 2 meals were not as ordered, with only one of the five correct. Needless to say we were not happy, and negotiated a heavy discount. The head waiter saying they couldn't cope as they were busier than expected for a Saturday night. I think he must have rose coloured specs, because it was only half full when I was sitting there, and I had plenty of time to look around as I was not out shopping for food! There are plenty of other restaurants in the area, so avoid this place unless you have a spare couple of hours and don't mind cold food that you didn't order.

1  Thank tierneydphs