Stayed here17-31 AUG 2009 as a party of 10-adults and kids.
Central location-close to town strip but no noise at all from there..Path at rear of apartments offers shortcut to Canal D'Amour.
Travelled with Olympic-knew transfer time could be long so pre-booked taxi-in apartment within hour of landing.
I must initially say a HUGE thank you to Vangelis and his lovely wife Ariel for the friendly welcome.They were so friendly and nothing was too much trouble.
Our room was very clean and spacious.The kitchen was well-stocked and all utensils were clean.The maid service was every other day but take loo rolls as you only get one free one.
The pool area was always kept clean,plenty of sunbeds always and the food at the pool snack bar was fresh and delicious.
You do have to walk up a very short track after drop-off,but contrary to other reviews,this is only a very short track.
Only bugbears were-
-The Monarch flight was VERY cramped and food awful-will not fly Monarch again
-Our room was smack bang next to the poolo table and pub and late night noise was a bit of an issue,but that said Vangelis did his best to keep the noise to a minimum.
-We booked a one bedroom apartment thinking there would be a bedroom and also seperate sleeping area-this was not case-allo 3 beds in one room.Our family did same with a 2 bedroomed and ended up with 3 teenagers in one room of opposite sexes.
I would defo reccommend the Takis apartments-clean,friendly,good pool,central location anhd excellent staff.
Places to visit and eat-
-Hire a boat.If you ask Vangelis he knows a manwhose son runs the Baywatch boat company at the other end of town.He was very kind to pick us up when we booked and take us to and from our boat.
-Hire a quad bike-we saw so much scenery.If you go to the end of the Takis track and turn right,just a little way up is Nick the Greek who hires quads and other vehicles at a very good rate and he is a smashing man.
-Dimitris and Fagins restaurant are 2 very good places to esat-good food and good service.
-Visit the Smugglers Inn at Canal D'Amour-Olley and the team are so nice and friendly-even took our daughter to the doctors and fetched her prescription and would take no money.
-Hydropolis water park is a good day out-all food and drink included in price and rides not too scary so kids can enjoy them too.
All the people in Sidari are so friendly-cannot do too much.Wer already booking for next year!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our complex consists of 9 apartments with large rooms that can accommodate either 2 people or families. They have a fully equipped kitchen and private bathroom. The balconies/verandas all overlook the pool which is in the center of the complex. The pool has a small children's pool so adults can enjoy their sunbathing & cocktails from the pool bar in piece. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Takis Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Takis Apartments Hotel Sidari
- Takis Apartments Sidari, Corfu